Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Burning Earth

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Oct 16, 2007

A direct sequel to the first Avatar game, The Burning Earth takes place during the second book of the Avatar series. The game has gained notoriety for having the easiest achievements on the XBOX 360.

I just bought Avatar BE

Bigvic785

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bigvic785

Alright today I bought Avatar BE, and I've been thinking. Have I crossed the line into full born achievement whore? I have always been somewhat of a completionist, but every game I have ever bought was for my personal enjoyment and has had nothing to do with achievements, but today I saw Avatar BE on ebay for just $7. I just couldn't resist it. I realize I could make a small profit by buying the game and reselling it. I would make $5; probably not even worth the effort. I don't know if its the the deal and the business that got me to purchase this game or the straight achievement whore in me. My mind set during the purchase was I could buy this game get an easy 1000 and make a little money.

Have I crossed the echelon into achievement whore or does the deal exempt me from this classification? May God help my weak weak soul.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By KaosAngel

Enjoy the S rank on Giant Bomb in 10 minutes.  Hopefully give the story a shot...

CynicalRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By CynicalRodent

Huh... Well, I would say you are a terrible person and you should feel terrible, but I downloaded that Doritos game just for the points so I suppose I'm no better.

Bigvic785

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Bigvic785
    @CynicalRodent: You didn't actively spend money on Dash for Destruction so that makes me the scum of the world and you a saint. But I am going to make a profit, but what was I doing looking at Avatar in the first place? AHHHHHHHHHH I am a terrible person.
    CynicalRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CynicalRodent
    @Bigvic785: No, you see at least you're making money from this.  I just wasted time to get magic do-nothing points. You know what, let us both agree that we are terrible people.  Also I'm renting Two Worlds right now because I wanted to.  : |
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By jakob187

Vic, I'm afraid that we can no longer play video games together.  You've just gone too far.  =  P 

However, I have an S rank in Terminator Salvation...so I guess we could call this even.  Just don't do it again. 

Also, Doritos Dash of Destruction is a free game to download.  At least...it was when all of us downloaded it and got an S rank on it.  = D  I still contest, however, that the game could've been an incredible little game if some more budget and time were given to it.

DerekDanahy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By DerekDanahy

I had about 30 minutes of fun with the Doritos game I didn't think it was bad for being free.

CynicalRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CynicalRodent

The thing that bothered me about it was not the quality of the game.  It was just that I knew the only reason I downloaded was for the easy points.  I will admit though, I did have quite a bit more fun with it than I thought I would.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.