Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Banjo-Kazooie

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 29, 1998

Play as lovable goofball Banjo the bear and his bird pal Kazooie in the first of many adventures as they collect valuable "Jiggies" in order to face the vile witch, Gruntilda and save Banjo's sister Tooty.

I'll save you the review...

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By toowalrus

Got my code this morning and played through most of the game already. Five out of five stars. This is the perfect example of what a re-release of a N64 game should be. The graphics are updated just enough to fill your widescreen HDTV, and smoothed out they don't look horrible, but still keep their retro feel. The controls mesh perfectly to the XBOX 360 controller, almost like the game was made for these controls. And achivement points. Wii Virtual Console games feel like shit in comparason. Even if you didn't pre-order and have to wait until the 18th to buy it, it's well worth the $15.

Fosssil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Fosssil

I completely agree. I got my code from Amazon this morning and have invested a few hours into the game already, and it's just as good as (if not better than) I remember it. The camera is a little awkward in a few places but, other than that, the game is an awesome experience all around.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Emilio
    TooWalrus said:
    ". Wii Virtual Console games feel like shit in comparason.."
    Lul, this version of Banjo Kazooie is exactly the same as the N64 version minus some text changes and logo changes. The controls are the same, the sound is the same, the music is the same. The graphics look nice because they're running at a higher resolution with component/HDMI cables and slightly more Anti Aliasing.

Go to your settings, put it on 480i in fullscreen and see that the game looks just like the N64 game.

Really, the only addition to the game is achievements and leaderboards.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    Emilio said:
    leaderboards."
    Is there any game that we fucking don't need leaderboards for? I mean, Christ Almighty.
    Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Red

Can you double-jump in Banjo Kazooie?

I just hate platformers where you can't double jump.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Guys, I have a question. I preordered the game online a couple months ago on gamestop.com after hearing about the sweet deal, and I got Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts in the mail today. However, there was no code included in the package, is the code actually bundled in the game box? I haven't opened that yet since it's a birthday present, however, it seems to me like it would be unusual for them to include it in the game box since then it'd be hard to differentiate those that have it and those that don't. So does this code come included in the BK:N&B box or is it separate? I'd really appreciate it if someone can help me out here.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Emilio
    TheGreatGuero said:
    "Guys, I have a question. "
    I bought mine online from Amazon and it said they would e-mail the code 5 days after the game was released, which they did.
    Maybe GameStop is going to email you the code also.

Red said:
    "Can you double-jump in Banjo Kazooie?
    "
    There is a jump and then a hover/double jump. So you press A to jump, then again and Kazooie will let you hover for a bit to get across longer platforms.
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Okay, man. That gives me some hope. I may just call their customer service tomorrow to find out. Man, 5 days? I thought the whole point of preordering it was to get B-K free and 2 weeks before people could even buy it....

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By RHCPfan24

I have been loving playing this game again.  It has been nearly 5  years since I last picked it up, and, considering the greatness of the source material, this is one of the better XBLA games out there, and probably my favorite.  Anyone who has any doubts, don't. Just buy it, or, better yet, preorder Nuts and Bolts, which is what I did.  Haven't even cracked that open yet ;)

Unreal_dro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Unreal_dro

awesome game

uglybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By uglybob

I think they have overpriced it though for the Live Arcade bearing in mind the file size is under 50mb. 1200 is too much, 800 would have been better. Duke Nukem was 800 and it was far larger. I got mine free of course

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Emilio
    uglybob said:
    "I think they have overpriced it though for the Live Arcade bearing in mind the file size is under 50mb. 1200 is too much, 800 would have been better. Duke Nukem was 800 and it was far larger. I got mine free of course"
    Yeah, I also feel it is overpriced.
    But then again I also think Castle Crashers and Braid are over priced.
    godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#13  Edited By godzilla_sushi

Yeah it's pretty fun. It has some serious frame-rate drops though. But, fun!

If anything it's nice to have some variety in the arcade. There really isn't anything like it. The one thing I will say is it seemed a lot harder back then. Not too bad now!

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#14  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Uhh... I posted a review... It still comes from 1998, no matter how awesome the game is.  4 stars.

Junior_AIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 131

User Lists: 34

#15  Edited By Junior_AIN

Banjo in HD looks incredible.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.