Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bastion

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Jul 20, 2011

Bastion is a story about a Kid, his hammer, and a world gone all kinds of wrong.

Bastion: Final Verdict

RAmpersaND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 29

Edited By RAmpersaND

The Good: Bastion's arsenal reminds me of one of my favorite last-gen series: Ratchet and Clank. Its soundtrack is easily one of the best I've heard from this generation. Upgrades and "idols" allow players to fine-tune the difficulty of their journey by alternately strengthening and handicapping themselves. And the world on offer is unlike any other; suffice it to say that Bastion is one of exceptionally few games that I've begun re-playing immediately upon completion.

The Bad: Even though Bastion is well worth re-visiting, it's slightly annoying that it's literally impossible to unlock all twelve of its achievements without playing it all the way from beginning to end twice. Another trifling complaint: the Cael Hammer challenge claims that its first-place prize can be earned by destroying 100 objects in "under 27 seconds"; in reality, nothing less than a flawless 24-second run is honored, making that particular proving ground obnoxiously difficult.

The Stand-out Moment: "There, the kid hears something he ain't heard in a long while..."

The Verdict: 9.5 (out of 10)

RAmpersaND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By RAmpersaND

The Good: Bastion's arsenal reminds me of one of my favorite last-gen series: Ratchet and Clank. Its soundtrack is easily one of the best I've heard from this generation. Upgrades and "idols" allow players to fine-tune the difficulty of their journey by alternately strengthening and handicapping themselves. And the world on offer is unlike any other; suffice it to say that Bastion is one of exceptionally few games that I've begun re-playing immediately upon completion.

The Bad: Even though Bastion is well worth re-visiting, it's slightly annoying that it's literally impossible to unlock all twelve of its achievements without playing it all the way from beginning to end twice. Another trifling complaint: the Cael Hammer challenge claims that its first-place prize can be earned by destroying 100 objects in "under 27 seconds"; in reality, nothing less than a flawless 24-second run is honored, making that particular proving ground obnoxiously difficult.

The Stand-out Moment: "There, the kid hears something he ain't heard in a long while..."

The Verdict: 9.5 (out of 10)

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By imsh_pl

Weird, I could've sworn that I finished the Cael Hammer challenge in like 1 second below the time limit.

RAmpersaND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RAmpersaND

@imsh_pl: I gave up after I finally cleared the challenge in 26 seconds... only to be told that I hadn't won squat.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.