Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bastion

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Jul 20, 2011

Bastion is a story about a Kid, his hammer, and a world gone all kinds of wrong.

Missing two vigils (The Menders & The Cinders). Advice?

1p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By 1p

I'm towards the end of new game plus now. Have all the vigils except these two:

• The Cinders (Fire Bellows - Defeat 20 foes with one continuous attack, without taking damage.)

I read somewhere that this is easy to do on the trial area for the fire bellows, but i already got first prize there and can't go back in. I tried it on the arena levels that have enemy generators, but i can't seem to get it, even when i'm torching a ton of small enemies quickly. The weapon is upgraded accordingly.

• The Menders (Bullhead Shield - Defeat a foe by counter-blocking its melee attack while at less than 20 percent health.)

The wording on this is not clear if it's the player or the enemy that needs to be lower than 20%. I think it's the latter. I'm pretty sure i did exactly what it says multiple times (drain an enemies health until it's almost dead, then counter it to kill it), but didn't get the vigil. What am i doing wrong?

Thanks.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Cincaid

@Bib:

Cinders: I played the first challenge in the pipe, let three popcorn machines spawn all their mobs, then just go to town. I had the weapon upgraded a bit as well.

Menders: YOU have to be below 20% health, not the mob. And remember that the mob must attack you with melee attacks. Just do it in the challenges, or during the last levels where a lot of the mobs are melee.

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By mesoian

The menders was annoying because I was so keen with reflecting away attacks throughout the game.  It was the last one I got. I just let an Ura footsoldier hit me until I was deep in the red, then reflected. I either used lifewine and rolled away to try again, died or got it. It's a silly one though.  

I was in the Ura mines for the cinders. Just burn all the plants and you should be good. Large patches of eyesights work as well.
    1p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By 1p

@CrazyChris said:

@Bib:

Menders: YOU have to be below 20% health, not the mob.

Are you sure? I saw a guy claiming the opposite.

I'll try it.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Cincaid

@Bib said:

@CrazyChris said:

@Bib:

I'll try it.

Well, that's how I got it at least. :)

I'm quite sure the mob was even at full health when I counterattacked it and killed it. But I remember having a lot of issues with it as well, probably because the game have a hard time telling the difference between a melee mob and ranged mob.

matoya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By matoya

The bellows one can be done on any level with a lot of squirts, just let them all spawn 

For the shield one, just go to the shield trials, get down to under 20% hp, then counter block a melee attack. Make sure you don't have leechade/thorns, or any kind of tonic like that on. It took me 5 minutes!

1p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By 1p

@CrazyChris said:

@Bib said:

@CrazyChris said:

@Bib:

I'll try it.

Well, that's how I got it at least. :)

I'm quite sure the mob was even at full health when I counterattacked it and killed it. But I remember having a lot of issues with it as well, probably because the game have a hard time telling the difference between a melee mob and ranged mob.

You were right. I just got the vigil. Thanks duder!

Attempting the other one on the first challenge area now.

EDIT: LOL GOT THE OTHER ONE TOO. Kind of by accident. This thread is awesome.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Cincaid

@Bib: Grats! Glad I could help. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.