Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Aug 25, 2009

Batman: Arkham Asylum puts you behind the cowl of the iconic Dark Knight, fighting his way through Arkham Asylum to stop the Joker from enacting a sinister plot that would have grave consequences for Gotham City.

Batman Arkham Asylum: Box Office Success or Sleeper Hit ?

CharleyTony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By CharleyTony

Just checked VG chartz and as of January 10, 2010 , the combined sales of the Xbox 360 and PS3 for Batman AA add up to about 3 million games sold. 
    When you think about that and how much love this game got in both reviews and 2010 top games lists, do you think this game will be seen as a huge retail success or more like a sleeper hit when we will look back at it in a year or 2 ? 

Those figures and awards kinda made me think about Bioshock, which did sellout like crazy at first and had more success with critics than with sales. 
    3 millions games sold is a big number but you need to keep in mind that it has the Batman license and we have had 2 greatBatman movies in recent years. 
    What do you think ?
    Crono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Crono

Are you serious?  That is definitely a success.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By maxszy

I would say it is still a sleeper hit. Only because before it was released, no one really had any idea that it was going to be as good as it was. It was a shock and a very good one at that, but a very big shock. It wasn't really on anyone's radar I don't think as being "Game of The Year" caliber or in such contention.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Rowr

This thread is lame.

aerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By aerious

since when is there a box office for games, I know Ive never bought a ticket for a game from a box office.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.