Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Aug 25, 2009

Batman: Arkham Asylum puts you behind the cowl of the iconic Dark Knight, fighting his way through Arkham Asylum to stop the Joker from enacting a sinister plot that would have grave consequences for Gotham City.

How do I get the "question mark" riddles?

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By hermes

I found some riddles that are question marks on the floor/ceiling/walls of some rooms in Arkham Island (those are the location of the riddles, according to the map). Those question marks are only visible if you use detective mode. 

However, if I scan them, the best I can get is "riddle partially solved". 

How do I "solve" those riddles?
    emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By emkeighcameron

You have to move around so that you can see the WHOLE fluorescent question mark before you can solve it. You have to find the whole thing, then properly align the whole thing (by moving both Batman and/or the camera), and then scan.

Usually the "period" part of the question mark is located somewhere else from the "squiggly" part of the question mark, but not always. 

These things, by the way, can be a TOTAL bitch to line up sometimes. Once you've found it all, just keep trying and trying until the scan works. Sometimes it's just a micron adjustment to make it work. And other times, you're just totally in the wrong spot and you have to find an entirely new viewpoint.

No Caption Provided
    unclejohnny79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By unclejohnny79

you gotta line it up so the camera sees a full question mark and then scan it

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @emkeighcameron said:
    " Usually the "period" part of the question mark ..."
    you said period. 

And, i played through the whole game without solving any question mark riddles.. i remember seeing them in the GS video review.. arent i a big chump
    Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Captain_Insano

That's my only real complaint about the game is it is so bloody picky over how things are aligned. I get it with the question mark riddles because you need the period at the bottom of the question mark to have a complete one, so having it aligned makes sense. Some of the regular riddle puzzles though are just too particular about how they should be lined up. I remember the firefly one and i was trying to get that stupid newspaper article lined up just right for about 2 minutes before the game accepted it. 

If I'm close enough to it and looking at it, it should accept it straight away.

Only complaint about the game, but it is a phenomenal game

emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By emkeighcameron
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " @emkeighcameron said:
    you said period.    And, i played through the whole game without solving any question mark riddles.. i remember seeing them in the GS video review.. arent i a big chump "
    lolz

and I got them ALL the first time through, so I'm way cool
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @emkeighcameron said:
    " @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " @emkeighcameron said:
    you said period.    And, i played through the whole game without solving any question mark riddles.. i remember seeing them in the GS video review.. arent i a big chump "
    lolz  and I got them ALL the first time through, so I'm way cool "
    i can see that.
    MoistJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By MoistJohn

so i'm just a chilly because i got most on the first time, and had to keep playing after the end game to get them all ?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.