Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BattleBlock Theater

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Apr 03, 2013

Players are shipwrecked on a mysterious island and then forced to partake in deadly "performances" for the entertainment of a crowd of cats.

Battleblock theater available now!

StrawHat_NPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By StrawHat_NPC

Has anyone played it yet? For some reason the trial isn't available yet but the full game is. I'm pretty sure I'll buy it but still want to try it out first.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#2 chaser324  Moderator

Yeah, it's a bit odd that there's no trial. I was under the impression that having a trial was an XBLA mandate.

As someone with approximately zero friends to play co-op games with, I'm curious if this game is even playable solo. Everything that I've seen has presented this as a solely multiplayer game.

DrxLecter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I was worried about the no trial thing too, apparently it is being looked into

From Major Nelson's Twitter:

"Hmm...no trial is appearing for "BattleBlock Theater" and there should be one. Investigating now."

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By superfriend

@chaser324: Nah, I think there is a fully featured solo game in there, as well as tons of other things. They have even been talking about "story" and cutscenes in a few interviews. I´m sure you´ll get plenty of SP content.

I´m not gonna buy it before seeing a Quicklook or playing the trial. Stop screwing things up, Microsoft!

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yeah, it's a bit odd that there's no trial. I was under the impression that having a trial was an XBLA mandate.

As someone with approximately zero friends to play co-op games with, I'm curious if this game is even playable solo. Everything that I've seen has presented this as a solely multiplayer game.

The review I've read said that

The game’s Story mode can be enjoyed solo, but get ready for a whole new experience if you play it locally or online with a buddy. The stages in co-op mode have been tailored for two players and require teamwork to complete.

Also it sucks not having anyone to play co-op games with. I've also got zero people to play with. I'm still missing the co-op Halo 4 campaign achievements because I just have no one to play it with. I generally miss out on a lot of co-op achievements and games because of this. It sucks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.