Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 1943

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jul 08, 2009

Return to the Pacific Theater in this simpler, downloadable, console-exclusive sequel to the massive World War II first-person shooter Battlefield 1942. It was later shut down on December 2023.

What would you like to see first?

FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By FireBurger
    stange88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By stange88

New maps plz

FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FireBurger

Just wondering what everyone would like to see addressed first for 1943. Personally, I'd go for New weapons/classes because if I can't change up my play style I'll still be bored on new maps. I also think the damage needs serious reworking though. I just feel bad when anybody shoots at me with an SMG and tank shells/bombs are embarrassing.

So, how about everyone else?

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By super_machine
    @FireBurger: Yeah I hate using the tank because the shell dont have a great blast radius. I've been in situations where I lob shell after shell at a riffle man and even tough the shell lands five feet away, because its not a direct hit the enemy doesnt die. Oh, and what is up with the "anti tank" bazooka? It shouldn't take more than three direct hits to kill a tank. Unless there is a certain spot on the tank that makes it a softer target I would like to know. This is one of the main reasons I don't use any other class but the sniper. As a sniper I can still pilot a plane and destroy tanks. As a sniper I can plant roadside bombs, stick bombs on the tank itself, or rig up a jeep with bombs and go tank hunting. If I could have the riffleman with remote charges I would be unstopable.
    FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FireBurger
    @super_machine: The rear of the tank is more vulnerable, as are the sides, I think. One rocket to the rear of the tank plus a thrown grenade will take it out quickly.
    Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Pie
    @super_machine said:
    " @FireBurger: Yeah I hate using the tank because the shell dont have a great blast radius. I've been in situations where I lob shell after shell at a riffle man and even tough the shell lands five feet away, because its not a direct hit the enemy doesnt die. Oh, and what is up with the "anti tank" bazooka? It shouldn't take more than three direct hits to kill a tank. Unless there is a certain spot on the tank that makes it a softer target I would like to know. This is one of the main reasons I don't use any other class but the sniper. As a sniper I can still pilot a plane and destroy tanks. As a sniper I can plant roadside bombs, stick bombs on the tank itself, or rig up a jeep with bombs and go tank hunting. If I could have the riffleman with remote charges I would be unstopable. "
    Shoot the mother in the bum-bum
    super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By super_machine
    @FireBurger: Ok, I thought that might be the case, but I never seem to score a direct hit to the rear. The few times I played the class with the rocket, Its always some crazy fight to stay alive while I'm trying to rocket a moving tank. I'll stick to my suicide jeep tactic.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By natetodamax

More maps

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#9  Edited By natetodamax

More maps

Emarosa420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Emarosa420

Maps. I can live with 3 classes and the existing game modes...but if these maps don't show soon, i'm gonna start losing interest :[

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CL60

Maps

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.