Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Beta seems cleaned up (ps3)

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Sackmanjones

I have been playin the beta for about an hour today and DICE must have done something because all those nasty graphic bugs have disappeared for me at least. It also seems to be running a lot smoother. I thought it was a ton of fun even though there were some nasty bugs but now its feels even better. Still wish I could have some vehicle gameplay but hey I kinda like the infantry battles. Am I just lucking out or has anyone else seen  performance improved dramatically?

EDIT: Seems to be broken again, fallin through the ground. Anyone know what the hell happened?

amomjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By amomjc

I'll have to load up my ps3 version later when I get the chance. To be honest, the ps3 gave me the least amount of problems throughout the three.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By DonPixel

@csoup said:

I'll have to load up my ps3 version later when I get the chance. To be honest, the ps3 gave me the least amount of problems throughout the three.

same here

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @csoup said:

Youve played all three? My roommate has a beast pc so I've seen some of that but none of the 360. But I noticed quite a few but common graphical glitches Thrus and Fri. But I have not seen any of those once today
    amomjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By amomjc

@Sackmanjones said:

@csoup said:

Youve played all three? My roommate has a beast pc so I've seen some of that but none of the 360. But I noticed quite a few but common graphical glitches Thrus and Fri. But I have not seen any of those once today

Yeah, I have played all three. I started with the 360 release which I wasn't 100% impressed by, felt slow and a little sloppy. That didn't stop me from enjoying the game however. I then moved onto the PC version once Origin finally released it for me and found myself facing terrible graphical issues, slow frame rate, and lag issues. After a while I finally dusted my PS3 off and hooked it up after being disabled for over a year after hearing "it's the best port." I was impressed to find that it really ran smoothly, looked great, and had 0 issues at least in my 4-6 hours of game time.

My computer now, with the new nVidia update and everything but AA set to "high" I run at 55-60fps and am really impressed. Will probably grab it for PC and PS3 as well.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Seppli

Many, many of the occuring problems are serverside. So DICE is rolling out serverside hotfixes and the game gets better. Falling through the ground does no longer happen anymore on PC for example. Must check PS3. Should be gone there too. Too bad the 'no mute switch' for squabbling squaddies won't be resolved with a serverside fix. Damn kids in the PS3 beta are giving me a headache. Wouldn't mind it at all, if there was a mute option. Haven't found one, so god dammit PS3 version.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @Seppli:  Well thats it good news. Other than the bugs I have been having a total blast with it.  It really feels unique to anything else. Sure you get the occasional camper but what game doesn't. I have faith in DICE that the game will be real cleaned up on on disc and if not a day 1 patch is sure to come.
    bwmcmaste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By bwmcmaste

@Seppli said:

Too bad the 'no mute switch' for squabbling squaddies won't be resolved with a serverside fix. Damn kids in the PS3 beta are giving me a headache. Wouldn't mind it at all, if there was a mute option. Haven't found one, so god dammit PS3 version.

A common complaint, and I concur with you.

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SlasherMan

My only problem with the PS3 beta is that I always get matched up with idiots who have no concept of team play. So far, I've lost every match I've played in the PS3 beta, and won every single one on PC.

Some choppy framerate at some spots, the random hue change and one crash in a couple of hours of play, but other than that the PS3 beta seemed solid and stable.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @SlasherMan said:

My only problem with the PS3 beta is that I always get matched up with idiots who have no concept of team play. So far, I've lost every match I've played in the PS3 beta, and won every single one on PC.

Some choppy framerate at some spots, the random hue change and one crash in a couple of hours of play, but other than that the PS3 beta seemed solid and stable.

Thats a shame. I have actually seen some very good team play (imagine that). People covering each other when planting on the Mcom and even some people who would breach into a room or hallway together. Teamwork like this makes this game unlike a lot of online shooters and it gets me pumped for it
    bwmcmaste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By bwmcmaste

@Sackmanjones said:

Thats a shame. I have actually seen some very good team play (imagine that). People covering each other when planting on the Mcom and even some people who would breach into a room or hallway together. Teamwork like this makes this game unlike a lot of online shooters and it gets me pumped for it

It's been a mixed bag for me: sometimes you get superlative teamwork, but other times you'll see everyone fly off in different directions towards their eventual doom. For instance, I watched several people take up the recon role on the attack team (which I was on) and then lay prone on the outskirts of the map until we lost the match. Otherwise, I've played on some pretty competent teams and I think that this is more indicative of the "Battlefield crowd."

gaggle64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By gaggle64

@bwmcmaste: That's more-or-less the whole Battlefield experience and to some extent always has been. One game can be a mess, the next a ballet of minutely orchestrated warfare from both sides. The community that's left over after the hype & burn of the initial release are usually broadly competent players, which everyone needs to be to get the best out of Battlefield, leaving just the odd few with a screw lose and an obsession with their kill/death ratio. Certainly in the free Beta there are quite few folks still coming to terms with what the Battlefield game is, ie. Not Deathmatch.

hemmelight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By hemmelight

I'm really enjoying it so far. Never been a huge shooter guy, but with the damage modeling I can actually get it a decent few kills and feel like I'm contributing. :) I'm anxious to try it on PC, but if my iMac cant handle it then I have no qualms buying the PS3 version. It can only get better from here, really.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sackmanjones

Seems to be broke again =(

hoossy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By hoossy

@csoup said:

It sucks, because I would maybe be willing to put my money down on the ps3 verison if it performs better...but the multiplayer experience is just... better on the 360. And now I've become so used to that controller... I think I'll be sticking with that one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.