Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Do you think Battlefield 3 will be like BF2 (Conquest mode only) or have several modes like the BC series ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By mikemcn

It really should have some sort of variety. Rush is fun.

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By shiftymagician

I love conquest, however there should be some more modes for sure.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By FrankCanada97

They need a Titan Mode equivalent. Maybe with navy ships?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By jakob187

Given that this is one of the core franchise's releases, my guess would be that Conquest mode is the centerpiece.  However, with the ability to destroy virtually anything, that could very easily be a difficult thing to fully accomplish.  I keep thinking about Strike at Karkand in the Frostbite engine, and while it's fucking awesome every time I dream about it, there's a reason that map worked so well on BF2.  It was a great map size on 16, 32, and 64 player rounds, but it was also very well laid out for offense and defense.  There are so many Alamo spots and frontlines in the game that it's tough to think of those with the ability to blow all that shit up. 

In the end, though, it also means that Rush mode could work like a fucking charm on that map!  So many places to push from, so many places to Alamo up, and with the improved sniping from the Bad Company games, I can only imagine how vicious the whole thing could be. 

I just hope that Conquest isn't that shit they tried to pass off in Bad Company 2.  That shit was TERRIBLE.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By MrKlorox

There will definitely be more than classic conquest. Probably rush using fewer players (so they can use the same maps one section at a time) like Bad Company 2. Hopefully there will be some variety and maybe a new mode instead of the standard variation on CQ capturing rules.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Wuddel

I think they should get rid off the squad stuff and the hardcore mode, at least on consoles. That only splits the playerbase (I know this is not an issue on the PC due to the server browser.) I think Rush is a great mode. It works well on low player count, because it funnels the action a bit more.

Killzone 3 actually adds some interesting things to this type of mode. Piecing stuff together with litte cinematic pieces, and adding map specifc mechanics. On the beta map the defenders release nerve gas on the attackers. These can choose directly go for their objective or secure a computer core to hack into the gas fan control to make the attack easier.

That is a cool element and it would translate well into a Battlefield Rush mode.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Lukeweizer

"Several" as in... 2 extra modes?

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Spoonman671

There's going to be more than just conquest.  Hopefully they'll include a rush mode as well as some new game types.

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By PhatSeeJay

The BF series already had new modes. At least since 2142 with Titan Mode so I would be surprised if there weren't more objective based modes in BF3.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By AhmadMetallic

FYI this poll is 1 year old

withateethuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By withateethuh

Maybe they'll introduce  new mode. All I know is there better be something resembling rush, because that's a refreshingly original game mode for online fps.

Avatar image for nocookiesforyou
    NoCookiesForYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By NoCookiesForYou

Conquest is a classic but i had tons of fun with rush as well. They shouldn't be afraid to try new things.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Clonedzero

it'd be stupid to only have one mode.

conquest (classic)
    Rush (still good)
    and Titan, with aircraft carriers being the "titans" with small connected strip of islands in between maybe.

wake island being made into a titan mode style map? YES PLEASE!

besides, Titan mode is basically a more complex and dynamic version of conquest anyways.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.