Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

I bought a shortcut today.

Shakezula84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Shakezula84

I bought the air vehicle shortcut today. Am I part of the problem?

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By huntad

Sure?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Justin258

Yes.

You should have gotten that based on skill and play dedication! It's worthless without those sorts of things involved! Doesn't matter if you've got a job or family to upkeep and don't have time to unlock the uber-rocket launcher or the machine gun that makes you invincible!

Obviously sarcastic, it's your money. I don't care.
    Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Sackmanjones

I had a "get 10 dollars off of a product 40 or more" from origin. Of course the 39.99 doesn't count as 40 so I had to buy a shortcut also.

Eribuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 22

#5  Edited By Eribuster

Considering I spent so much time in empty servers hovering over capture points and crashing jets, I think you are ahead of me on this.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By pweidman

Does it help to confess? Errr.... my son. :)

Shakezula84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Shakezula84

I bought it as an experiment. I've been really tempted to get some of these, and I gotta say I've been satisfied with it so far. Some of the things you get later on for aircraft makes life easier when you fly them.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By awesomeusername

Go die! (jus kiddin' homedawg)

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By VoshiNova

Nah, your avatar is Shake and flying badass planes with upgrades is fun.

You my friend, are actually pretty rad.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kindgineer

No, because I'm tired of this mentality that there is some sort of original concept of how things are done. If you want to experience the game quicker instead of hours of pointless "grinding," go right ahead. If Battlefield 3 would have released the game with everything unlocked, no one would have complained and that's simply all that is. People just bitch and moan when some one can purchase an item and they don't want to have to flesh out the cash.

@believer258 said:

Yes.

You should have gotten that based on skill and play dedication! It's worthless without those sorts of things involved! Doesn't matter if you've got a job or family to upkeep and don't have time to unlock the uber-rocket launcher or the machine gun that makes you invincible!

Obviously sarcastic, it's your money. I don't care.

Pretty much this.

Shakezula84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Shakezula84

@ck1nd: Thats how I feel. I just don't have the time (and maybe skill) to get some of the endgame stuff.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Not a fan of this stuff but hey, they lock so many hard needed things (flares...seriously) behind levels that its hell to get some kills with the freaking plane before you are shot down by higher levels.

legendlexicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By legendlexicon

I don't feel as if time spent = skill, so I don't see the harm. The only issue I see is with how these kind of purchases are slipping into retail games.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By mosdl

If it makes the game more fun for you, why not? Also just realized, 185 hours spent in bf3...

ModernAlkemie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By ModernAlkemie

I'm not inherently against the idea of paying for perks. It really just comes down to whether they are balanced with respect to the standard options available without heavy dedication to the game. If it makes the game more fun for you and it isn't something that gives you such an advantage that no one you play against will enjoy themselves (a la people who use some game hacks) then there is no problem. I think the idea that you are supporting a bad business model and you should feel bad about it is kind of silly. I think if a game is creates a business model where they simply offered game hacks for money (this model taken to the extreme) then it would be pretty destructive to the community and the community would die out.

kgb0515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By kgb0515

Shame on you....just kidding. I did the same thing for Bad Company 2 in order to unlock all of the Recon weapons. I actually did much better with some of the higher unlocks in that class afterward, and had more fun playing. That's what is important though, having fun. Right?

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#17  Edited By big_jon

I can't believe people would spend money on that shit...

I mean you are paying so that you don't have to play the game, it's not like the staring weapons for any of the classes are bad.

This stuff blows me away, I see so many low levels who bought premium too, spending 50$ on multiplayer add ons when they have spent a total of 3 hours playing the game, it's just crazy. It's your money and you can do what you want with it, I find it wasteful though.

Paying so you don't have to "grind" is inherently stupid, I mean if you think playing the game is a grind then don't play it, I can see how some weapons are hard for some people to unlock, but giving EA money so you don't have to play the game you bought from them is just messed up, you are literally giving them free money, I do not support this at all.

Another part of it is that I think that the air vehicles should have started with flares, now by buying them you are giving EA an incentive to to intentionally release games with bad design choices like this one because they now know that people will hand them money for it, even though it would have been way better for their customers had it not been that way, and air vehicles should have had flares in the first place for simple balance purposes, it is empowering them to fuck over the customers because a few are dumb enough to fall for this.

I don't mind that you don't have time, I mind that you are giving EA a reason to continue making unjust design choices.

Vote with your Dollar!

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MrKlorox

If I hadn't put a stupid amount of hours into the game already, I'd probably do the same thing. But at this point it feels like I would be cheating myself to 'give up' on earning those few final unlocks after all this time.

@big_jon said:

I mean you are paying so that you don't have to play the game, it's not like the staring weapons for any of the classes are bad.

Read the post. He's talking about the lock on rockets and shit in jets. The starting pea-shooter cannon is vastly underpowered.

edit after your edits:@big_jon said:
    Another part of it is that I think that the air vehicles should have started with flares, now by buying them you are giving EA an incentive to to intentionally release games with bad design choices like this one because they now know that people will hand them money for it, even though it would have been way better for their customers had it not been that way, and air vehicles should have had flares in the first place for simple balance purposes, it is empowering them to fuck over the customers because a few are dumb enough to fall for this.
    They do now. They realized their mistake a few patches ago and included flares as starting items. You don't have to pay for them to get them up front.
    Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Fallen189

You can do whatever you want bro. Its your game, and your money. Do what you want to do

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#20  Edited By big_jon

@MrKlorox said:

If I hadn't put a stupid amount of hours into the game already, I'd probably do the same thing. But at this point it feels like I would be cheating myself to 'give up' on earning those few final unlocks after all this time.

@big_jon said:

Read the post. He's talking about the lock on rockets and shit in jets. The starting pea-shooter cannon is vastly underpowered.

I understand that, but it is giving EA too much power to encourage this stuff.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By fattony12000

Do whatever you like.

But, you are dead to me now.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By laserbolts

It's dumb of you but it's your money do what you want.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23  Edited By Seppli

If only flares were standard equipment... flippin' vehicle customization's gone way overboard.

If you don't regret spending the money, then that's cool. If EA starts to skew Battlefield unlock and reward schemes towards this kind of shit, I'll be the first to lay the blame on you though! *scuttles to find pitchfork and torch*

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CheapPoison

yes!

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#25  Edited By zyn

You are a bad person and you should feel bad.

Eribuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#26  Edited By Eribuster

@Seppli said:

If only flares were standard equipment... flippin' vehicle customization's gone way overboard.

One of the patches in the first or second quarter of this year has made IR flares on all helicopters and jets unlocked. No free IR smoke for the land vehicles though.

Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#27  Edited By Nadafinga

@big_jon said:

This stuff blows me away, I see so many low levels who bought premium too, spending 50$ on multiplayer add ons when they have spent a total of 3 hours playing the game, it's just crazy.

I don't understand what you're talking about. Why is it crazy for a new player to buy premium?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By 137

@Seppli said:

If you don't regret spending the money, then that's cool. If EA starts to skew Battlefield unlock and reward schemes towards this kind of shit, I'll be the first to lay the blame on you though! *scuttles to find pitchfork and torch*

I liked it better when jets ran out of bullets and rockets. I'd prefer someone having to fly back to their base to reload their weapons than someone to just circle around with infinite ammo all day and have everyone cry shit's op. My buddy normally goes 40+-0 in about any server he gets into gunning in a chopper because of this.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#29  Edited By natetodamax
    @137

@Seppli said:

I liked it better when jets ran out of bullets and rockets. I'd prefer someone having to fly back to their base to reload their weapons than someone to just circle around with infinite ammo all day and have everyone cry shit's op. My buddy normally goes 40+-0 in about any server he gets into gunning in a chopper because of this.

I'd be for this change. I'm more annoyed by helicopters though, since jets rarely do as much damage to ground targets.
    MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MideonNViscera

I bought a ton of this shit in ME3 haha

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.