Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

No Commander For Battlefield 3 - Bad Company 2 Blamed

• 101 results
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By KaosAngel
    Link From the Game Informer Interview 

It's going around the interweb now.  What it comes down to is that Bad Company 2 didn't use it and it turned out alright.  DICE also said that very few used Commander, but they forgot to mention there can only be two in any given game.  One for each team.   

So, pretty much this is going to be Bad Company 2 with 64 players, and 4 man Squads...with the same four kits.

You have to wonder, if this game was being built as a PC exclusive...how different would it have been?
    metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By metal_mills
    @KaosAngel said:

" if this game was being built as a PC exclusive...how different would it have been? "

Well it is the lead platform. And commander isn't that big of a deal. It was cool doing airstrikes but you can do them with the sniper. People never did with they said and no one cared too much.
    ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By ESREVER

It was rare to have a good commander in BF2 for me. 
    Most of them just dropped things on me from above :( 

With that said, I'll probably still miss that feature. When done right, it was awesome.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By KaosAngel
    @Metal_Mills said:
    "Well it is the lead platform. And commander isn't that big of a deal. It was cool doing airstrikes but you can do them with the sniper. "
    ...they said the same thing for BC2 and the only difference that time was the 32 player count for PC.  :|
    Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dingofighter

I never really payed any attention to the commander, to be honest, so it remains to be seen if I will notice something is missing in BF3 or if there just isn't any difference. 
    Still want to hear more about this game, though, if only to hear people go mad over every little feature they remove from BF2.

metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By metal_mills
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @Metal_Mills said:
    "Well it is the lead platform. And commander isn't that big of a deal. It was cool doing airstrikes but you can do them with the sniper. "
    ...they said the same thing for BC2 and the only difference that time was the 32 player count for PC.  :| "
    BC2 was always a console focused game even if it was better on PC. BF3 has 64 players on PC and even gotten rid of XP support. That's a pretty big move.
    No0b0rAmA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By No0b0rAmA

We need to send an offensively worded email to DICE.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Metal_Mills said:
    "@KaosAngel said:

" if this game was being built as a PC exclusive...how different would it have been? "

Well it is the lead platform. And commander isn't that big of a deal. It was cool doing airstrikes but you can do them with the sniper. People never did with they said and no one cared too much. "

im sorry but people like this piss me the fuck off 
    the commander wasnt just an artillery man god damn it
    metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By metal_mills
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " @Metal_Mills said:
    "@KaosAngel said:

Well it is the lead platform. And commander isn't that big of a deal. It was cool doing airstrikes but you can do them with the sniper. People never did with they said and no one cared too much. "
    im sorry but people like this piss me the fuck off the commander wasnt just an artillery man god damn it "
    No one gave a shit what the commander did. Everyone just wanted to me it to call in attacks and drop jeeps or whatever it was. If he said to attack something, no one did it.
    B0nd07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By B0nd07
    @Ahmad_Metallic: I've given up trying to explain how BF2 worked.  People that never played it, or played very little, just won't get it.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @B0nd07 said:
    " @Ahmad_Metallic: I've given up trying to explain how BF2 worked.  People that never played it, or played very little, just won't get it. "

and they have the fucking nerve to talk like they know what its about.. all they use in their argument is that people ignored his orders.. i will cut my both arms off if any of these commander haters played BF2 for more than 30 hours.
    vilhelmnielsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By vilhelmnielsen

It rarely worked well, people being assholes on the internet and what not. keep in mind, it's 3 and a half years since I've played BF2.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Gizmo

Is a 64 player Bad Company 2 with a enhanced destruction engine and jets really such a bad thing?

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#14  Edited By PhatSeeJay

My career as a commander in BF could end in two ways;
    1) I got no fucking response from the squads what so ever and all I could do was sit on my ass and throw air strikes here and there and do minor predictions of where I could throw supply- or vehicle drops. And that was only a brief time because no one defended or repaired my artillery pieces. We naturally lost or it was a close call.

2)  While the list is the dream scenario, more or less all points got fulfilled by most of the players when they knew I worked to help them and not for my own points.

• Each squad leader literally answered me when I wrote "squad leaders, report in" in the chat.
    • I gave individual orders to the bigger squads to different flags and the ones dedicated to planes and sniping, I left alone. Not like they need orders anyhow. (With exceptions of when I actually needed help from the planes and they knew it was important to go where I ordered them to)
    • The squad leaders requested support through the tactical map and depending on what I could see on the scanner, I gave them what they needed.
    • Sometimes a squad  even  asked for the car so they could rush to the next flag. Amazing.
    • Squads that wasn't sure what to do asked for orders and I gave them attack or defend points depending on the situation.
    • I didn't have to throw mortars without being sure people knew it was coming since they had asked for them themselves.

Let's just say those matches we steamrolled the other teams.

While it was more likely that 1) would happen, I would give anything to be the commander again because when things click and 2) was set in motion... That was a a battlefield.
    I stick to my firm belief that the hierarchy system would work even better if team work perks would become activated when achieving team goals.

Lastly. Sniper shouldn't get to throw mortar strikes. At best they should get to paint target points for jets to shoot laser designated missiles or more accurate air strike requests to a Commander. Motivate some God damned cooperation to put it in motion.
    gamb1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By gamb1t
    @Metal_Mills said:
    " @KaosAngel said:

They SAY that but do they MEAN it.....are 2 HUGE different things
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ryanwho

I guess I'd be mad if I played even one game where it felt like Commander was being used right.

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By ShaneDev

From playing BF 2142 I saw few people playing as the commander. When I was the commander I thought it was boring even with all the shit you could do like call in EMP and artillery strikes. Most of the time it was just dropping supply crates and issuing orders that no one followed or that were plainly obvious to do anyway. The only really useful thing he could do was call in a UAV. The squads were much more important to the player anyway so as long as a good squad system is in place then the teamwork aspect will be fine.     

B0nd07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By B0nd07

Here's the best (worst) part of the interview:

We tried in Bad Company 2 to give [commander functions] to players, so you could issue orders to your squad, and you could use gadgets like the UAV that only the commander could use earlier — giving the power back to the players so everyone could use it.

Squad orders in BC2 are literally "put cross-hair over objective label, hit Q".  That's it.  Use the one communication key.  The same key that you use to request ammo or a ride (that no one listens to) and spot enemies (that quite often doesn't work even with a clear view of the target).  You can only set the orders to attack or defend the objective.  You can't order your squad to move, attack, or defend any position on the map; only a specific flag or MCOM.

Then there's the UAV.  Sure, it's more powerful in BC2, since they gave it offensive power, but there is only one on the map.  One.  Meaning only one player can ever use it at a given time, where as BF2 allowed both commanders (that's two players) to use it.

The end of the article sums up my feelings pretty well:

If you ask us, this is a textbook example of “dumbing things down”, what DICE calls “make the threshold lower” and we can’t help but feel disappointed that the Commander feature isn’t returning to Battlefield 3. It added a whole new level to the gameplay, which will now be missing in BF3.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By KaosAngel
    @B0nd07 said:
    " Squad orders in BC2 are literally "put cross-hair over objective label, hit Q".  That's it.  Use the one communication key.  The same key that you use to request ammo or a ride (that no one listens to) and spot enemies (that quite often doesn't work even with a clear view of the target).  You can only set the orders to attack or defend the objective.  You can't order your squad to move, attack, or defend any position on the map; only a specific flag or MCOM. "
    It's funny cause it's not even a dumbed down command button...hitting "Q" is even more retarded than the team work in a Halo game.  I was so surprised when I first loaded up BC2 and there wasn't a command wheel like BF2 and other games had.  
    Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Pibo47

Damn, i loved being commander in 2142. I was a damn good one at that. But hell, not many squads listened. 

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jimbo

There was nothing wrong with Commander mode in principle, they just need to incentivise following your Squad and CO orders properly.  XP distribution should be skewed heavily towards achieving set objectives and winning the round as a team, rather than just personal glory.  Not that I want to sound like a hippie here, but I reckon it'd be a pretty cool statement of intent if they gave no XP for kills, making the killing just a means to an end.  Not everything has to be about the K/D ratio.

Whether there's a commander or not, there's plenty of room for improving team-wide coordination.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MrKlorox
    @Gizmo said:

" Is a 64 player Bad Company 2 with a enhanced destruction engine and jets really such a bad thing? "

When it's in a fully numbered Battlefield game, yes it is.

@B0nd07: The UAVs in BC2 and BF2 are two of the least similar things to share the same name. The UAV in BC2 is more like an attack drone with a little bit of recon capabilities.
    meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By meteora

No commanders sounds like there will be more unorganized free-for-all attacks than anything.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By KaosAngel
    @Meteora said:

" No commanders sounds like there will be more unorganized free-for-all attacks than anything. "

....if it helps, they're making UAVs and shit as a Kill-Streak rewards.
    Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm so fucking sick of all the BF2 players bitching about this game. I played BF2, and yes it was great, but have you ever heard of a little thing called "progress"? Most of you decrying BF3 sound like you just want a better graphics version of BF2, which is not what DICE is going for. They want to make a NEW game, not rehash BF2. Until we can see how the game actually plays, STOP COMPLAINING.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AuthenticM
    @KaosAngel said:
    " So, pretty much this is going to be Bad Company 2 with 64 players, and 4 man Squads...with the same four kits. "
    So it's going to be awesome then? Great! 

Seriously, I don't get why anyone would care about commanders. I played my load of BF2 and could not care less about commanders back in the day. I was not the only one. So this whole uproar thing baffles me. The game is going to be fucking rad people, stop complaining!
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ch13696

Well, turns out it's not going to be much different than the console version. Only more players and dedicated servers. Wait, did they say they'll have dedicated servers? Because I'll be pissed if they take that out.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MrKlorox
    @President_Barackbar said:
    " Most of you decrying BF3 sound like you just want a better graphics version of BF2, which is not what DICE is going for. They want to make a NEW game, not rehash BF2. "
    I don't believe that's true at all. BF2 is exactly what they want to try to recreate, but for consoles. DICE tried something fresh and innovative with 2142 and it was boycotted by the mass of BF2 players because it wasn't yet more fucking BF2. As much as I would like to see DICE really think outside the box and do something actually new, they just seem to want to reclaim that BF2 fervor with a new set of gamers.
    Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MrKlorox:  While I agree with the SPIRIT of what you said (trying to recapture the audience), I think its really stupid that people are demanding a clone of BF2. Let the people make the game and then judge it. Its the same reason Morrowind elitists bother me, they want every Elder Scrolls game to be the same game.
    PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By PhatSeeJay

@President_Barackbar said:

" I'm so fucking sick of all the BF2 players bitching about this game. I played BF2, and yes it was great, but have you ever heard of a little thing called "progress"? Most of you decrying BF3 sound like you just want a better graphics version of BF2, which is not what DICE is going for. They want to make a NEW game, not rehash BF2. Until we can see how the game actually plays, STOP COMPLAINING. "

While I see your point and find it to be very valid. People do cry outrage a bit too soon since all we've seen so far is only a ten page spread in a magazine.

But I still  wouldn't call the things they talk about in BF3 so far to be progress. At least not on the gameplay department.  All we've seen is sketchy answers as to why this and that probably won't make it into the game.
    Removing things and better graphics seems to be exactly what they're doing. I've yet to read anything that's actually new and different from BF2, aside what they changed to use in Bad Company 2. Which, bluntly seen, is shrunken features from BF2. 
    Instead of iterating on the hierarchy gameplay, it seems they removed it. Support actions that otherwise demanded teamwork of said hierarchy seem to have been removed in favor of giving everything to the individual classes.

I say people that eagerly have waited for the proper sequel of BF2 have well in their right to vent disappointment. I think the biggest mistake DICE have done was to even mention mutliplayer before they started rolling out more to show for.
    The speculations are crazy and it won't stop until DICE shows us what they've actually done with these features, or what new things they are going to roll out with the decisions to remove them. All we know right now is that it's Bad Company 3 with higher player count, jets and prone.
    That's not exactly progress to me and most players from BF2.
    Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By Jayross

Wow... good going DICE.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By meteora
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @Meteora said:

" No commanders sounds like there will be more unorganized free-for-all attacks than anything. "

....if it helps, they're making UAVs and shit as a Kill-Streak rewards. "
    Sounds like it'll hurt the franchise more than anything. =/
    shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34  Edited By shiftymagician
    @Meteora said:
    " @KaosAngel said:
    " @Meteora said:

Sounds like it'll hurt the franchise more than anything. =/ "
    Oh yea it will.  Not in a financial sense, as it is right up the CoD alley to the mainstream, so it is a safe thing to do.  But it will hurt its integrity as a game about reliance on others to do things you cannot do depending on who you are.  Snipers shouldn't freely call up mortars out of nowhere.  Soldiers shouldn't have free access to UAV's as that is nonsense.  A commander should at least be there to greenlight the use of these things via saying yes and no to incoming requests for commander powers if they didn't want to use the previous setup of the commander.

If every soldier can potentially simultaneously call in for UAV's, mortars or anything freely within a short timespan, it won't be Battlefield anymore, but CoD.  That is a stretch though as I would think they would not be that silly to do that.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MrKlorox
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @Meteora said:

Where did you read this?
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By KaosAngel
    @MrKlorox: I was joking. :P
    PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By PhatSeeJay
    @MrKlorox said:
    " @KaosAngel said:
    " @Meteora said:

Where did you read this? "
    He hasn't. He's just assuming things from their comment around the use of the UAV from Bad Company 2. There has been no official word about how the UAV actually will be used.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Gizmo said:
    " Is a 64 player Bad Company 2 with a enhanced destruction engine and jets really such a bad thing? "
    have you played Battlefield 2 for a long time ? if so, im willing to discuss this with you, fellow BF veteran. if not, i dont know what you're doing here.
    Fluxxed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Fluxxed

Please, continue to bitch about things no one cared about until they removed them.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ryanwho
    @Fluxxed said:
    " Please, continue to bitch about things no one cared about until they removed them. "
    Um a lot of people played that mode. And a lot of people like the potential it had. You'd know that if you ever played a Battlefield game.
    PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By PhatSeeJay
    @Fluxxed said:
    " Please, continue to bitch about things no one cared about until they removed them. "
    Oh really now? These features have been the core of people's wishes, interests and desires when it comes to the original Battlefield series.
    That you don't care about them is irrelevant but the ones that actually played BF2 cared then, care now and will care for a good long while.
    B0nd07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By B0nd07
    @Fluxxed said:
    It's pretty clear people do care about them, thus the "bitching" about them being removed.
    Fluxxed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Fluxxed

Yes, as is clear in this topic everyone cares about it being removed.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MrKlorox
    @Fluxxed said:
    " Yes, as is clear in this topic everyone cares about it being removed. "
    Much like Prone, 64 players, and Jets from Bad Company... and look what the first announced details of BF3 were.
    TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#45  Edited By TheFreeMan
    @Gizmo said:

It's really not. This is just how gamers react to change to things they like. 

See: Diablo 3, Halo Reach, Street Fighter 4, that new Devil May Cry, etc.

they were expecting more too, I guess.
    Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Clonedzero

i played a whole bunch of BF2 and 2142 back in the day. i never remember ever being commander, probably because i didnt care. i also don't remember specifically what they did or having a huge impact on the game. 

i remember reading the interview answer that talked about this, and how very few people got to be the commander. that's certainly true since there was only 2 per game. saying how they wanted to spread out the commander abilities to allow more people access to it. which kinda makes sense when you think about it.

the thing is, that its a cool concept but with the amount of BF2 and 2142 i played (alot) you'd think i'd have a better opinion on it, all i remember from the commanders in those games was  them doing artillery strikes (cus i blew those up) and them going on crazy power trips screaming at everyone. i mean its a game, its supposedt o be fun, i dont want to be screamed at by a kid on a power trip.

sounds like they are going to have all the commander stuff in the game, just without the designated commander role. sounds good to me.

though some of you might have played with clans in BF2/2142 so the commander role might seem more appealing to you guys. my experience was generally stuff randomly blowing up from artilliry strikes and some guy i dont know yelling at me for attacking B instead of C AFTER we took it.

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By PhatSeeJay
    @Clonedzero said:

" i played a whole bunch of BF2 and 2142 back in the day. i never remember ever being commander, probably because i didnt care. i also don't remember specifically what they did or having a huge impact on the game.   i remember reading the interview answer that talked about this, and how very few people got to be the commander. that's certainly true since there was only 2 per game. saying how they wanted to spread out the commander abilities to allow more people access to it. which kinda makes sense when you think about it.  the thing is, that its a cool concept but with the amount of BF2 and 2142 i played (alot) you'd think i'd have a better opinion on it, all i remember from the commanders in those games was  them doing artillery strikes (cus i blew those up) and them going on crazy power trips screaming at everyone. i mean its a game, its supposedt o be fun, i dont want to be screamed at by a kid on a power trip.  sounds like they are going to have all the commander stuff in the game, just without the designated commander role. sounds good to me.  though some of you might have played with clans in BF2/2142 so the commander role might seem more appealing to you guys. my experience was generally stuff randomly blowing up from artilliry strikes and some guy i dont know yelling at me for attacking B instead of C AFTER we took it. "

It's more that, from what have been written so far, they seem to have called quits on the team system that bound the players together. Even without the commander they had a squad leader hierarchy and he became a spawn point that people needed to keep alive in order to keep the assault going. The medic became crucial in case the squad leader went down, he had to be revived. If the squad leader went out of play, the squad would have to start over if they started to be picked off like flies. It forged a squad together instead of now where people just point at a flag and run until one of them reach it and then the rest spawn on him and sit there.  To me it's more the worry that there will be little motivation to stay close together as a squad as there's no real punishment at all since you can simply spawn on everyone.

I'm all for the commander but I won't cry rivers over it going. But I am worried over how the team play is going to be handled. They have said things are suppose to be pretty sweet for this game so I'm not going to say bad things about it. But I'm still worried about losing one of the changes to the franchise that properly motivated tactical team play. Because I have certainly not felt much of that when playing Bad Company 2.
    crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#48  Edited By crusader8463

It sucks, but I have come to accept stuff like this as just being a part of gaming now- even though it pisses me off to no end. I honestly can't remember the last time I heard a developer actually follow through when they say they are not dumbing a game down for the consoles.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By big_jon
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @B0nd07 said:
    " Squad orders in BC2 are literally "put cross-hair over objective label, hit Q".  That's it.  Use the one communication key.  The same key that you use to request ammo or a ride (that no one listens to) and spot enemies (that quite often doesn't work even with a clear view of the target).  You can only set the orders to attack or defend the objective.  You can't order your squad to move, attack, or defend any position on the map; only a specific flag or MCOM. "
    It's funny cause it's not even a dumbed down command button...hitting "Q" is even more retarded than the team work in a Halo game.  I was so surprised when I first loaded up BC2 and there wasn't a command wheel like BF2 and other games had.   "
    Wow you sure are bashing my favourite games....
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By big_jon
    @PhatSeeJay said:

" My career as a commander in BF could end in two ways;
    1) I got no fucking response from the squads what so ever and all I could do was sit on my ass and throw air strikes here and there and do minor predictions of where I could throw supply- or vehicle drops. And that was only a brief time because no one defended or repaired my artillery pieces. We naturally lost or it was a close call.

2)  While the list is the dream scenario, more or less all points got fulfilled by most of the players when they knew I worked to help them and not for my own points.

• Each squad leader literally answered me when I wrote "squad leaders, report in" in the chat.
    • I gave individual orders to the bigger squads to different flags and the ones dedicated to planes and sniping, I left alone. Not like they need orders anyhow. (With exceptions of when I actually needed help from the planes and they knew it was important to go where I ordered them to)
    • The squad leaders requested support through the tactical map and depending on what I could see on the scanner, I gave them what they needed.
    • Sometimes a squad  even  asked for the car so they could rush to the next flag. Amazing.
    • Squads that wasn't sure what to do asked for orders and I gave them attack or defend points depending on the situation.
    • I didn't have to throw mortars without being sure people knew it was coming since they had asked for them themselves.
     Let's just say those matches we steamrolled the other teams.  While it was more likely that 1) would happen, I would give anything to be the commander again because when things click and 2) was set in motion... That was a a battlefield. I stick to my firm belief that the hierarchy system would work even better if team work perks would become activated when achieving team goals.  Lastly. Sniper shouldn't get to throw mortar strikes. At best they should get to paint target points for jets to shoot laser designated missiles or more accurate air strike requests to a Commander. Motivate some God damned cooperation to put it in motion. "
    That sounds cool, but it also sounds lame for those who are not the commander or people who want to go off and do their own thing. I know how to play and having some dude tell me to do something that I don't want to do would piss me off.  Not saying I am not for team work, but I know what I am good at and  can communicate to my squad to help me out if I need.

Don't get me wrong, in concept that sounds amazing but in practice you are asking a lot of other players.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.