Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

So I just went Premium...

squiDc00kiE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By squiDc00kiE

So after playing the game for an hour or 2 here or there, last night i decided to go Premium and get all of the expansions. Whether this was a good idea or not is not what I am looking for. What I am looking for however is suggestions. Suggestions on how to improve my game, (I play like a CoD head, thus i die frequently), suggestions on what to focus on, and what maps you like the most. Basically, I see how this game can be extremely engrossing, but it hasn't hit me yet. i really want it to. Help.

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By PhatSeeJay

Well if you use Premium I'd say you should try the different Xpacks and find your preferred playstyle. I'd say that if you are used to the close quarters style of play, of course Close Quarters, though I also recommend you have a look at Aftermath and Scavenger. It's a middle ground between the massive Battlefield maps and the smaller CQ levels, and allows you to practice the mindset of larger levels and how to use them while still having a lot of close quarter battles.

After that you can jump into Back to Karkand for some larger battles in old school levels and finally go big with Armored kill.

squiDc00kiE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By squiDc00kiE

@PhatSeeJay: Sounds like a plan. Thanks for the input

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Funkydupe

Kharg Island and Operation Firestorm are my two favorite maps. I only play in Conquest Mode. I don't play on 64 servers. Max 48 for me because I feel players need some space to make choices.

Optix12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Optix12

I personally play battlefield 3 for the chaos so as many characters on a giant map is fun for me. But as Phatseejay said close quarters would be a great start which resembles COD and allow you to get used to guns/ how battlefield runs compared to COD.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Marz

close quarters maps are good if you just want to run around and shoot people.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By kaos_cracker

I would try and level a little bit to get some more weapons. Some servers has the ticket limit up to 500 for TDM and that's what I usually play to get more weapons before I play other game modes.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By big_jon

I really need to start playing BF3 again.

squiDc00kiE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By squiDc00kiE

@Marz said:

close quarters maps are good if you just want to run around and shoot people.

That's part of why I went Premium, so I could stop playing CoD and get my multiplayer FPS fix all in one place. So far so good. It's just taking a little adjustment to get used to the slightly more realistic systems in the game. I love love love how the game encourages team play. Nothing annoys me more in other shooters than seeing players constantly cross paths with teammates.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Subjugation

Learn quickly that BF3 is far more team-oriented than CoD. That's why you can get a great score even if your KDR is poor, because the game wants you to play the objective and be useful to your team. If you are dropping medpacks, repairing vehicles, SPOTTING (please spot for the love of all that is holy), and capping/defending points you are well on your way. I'm sure you'll pick up the play style pretty quickly.

Also, initially I would focus on playing one class so you can get useful unlocks. Assault w/ medpacks is a great starter, but engineer can be great depending on how much you'll be around vehicles. It's all up to you man.

squiDc00kiE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By squiDc00kiE

@Subjugation said:

Also, initially I would focus on playing one class so you can get useful unlocks. Assault w/ medpacks is a great starter, but engineer can be great depending on how much you'll be around vehicles. It's all up to you man.

Yeah I've been running assault/medpack for awhile now. Starting to get into engineer for conquest large.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Funkydupe

On some maps jets and helicopters can be immensely frustrating, mainly because your team doesn't have anyone that can cope with an enemy ace pilot. For someone good there isn't sufficient ground to air weaponry to take a jet down effectively + some servers have fast vehicles spawns so he'll just be back at it within minutes. I've seen pilots with above 50 K/d so if that happens I'd suggest you change server or learn how to fly jets and harass his ass until he leaves. :)

JBG4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By JBG4

Welcome to the Premium club.
    Also, I say to improve your game make sure you focus on objectives and communicate as well as possible, if not verbally, then spot for your teammates. Start out small yo get a feel for the weapon differences and find what you like then gradually move up like previously suggested.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By Seppli

Best decision you ever made. Congratulations. And my pro-tip to you is...

"Do not over-commit!"

If you have the discipline and the virtues needed to adhere to this here combat wisdom, you'll do fine and become ever better. Battlefield 3 sadly isn't really built to allow players keep control at all times, like prior entries into the franchise, and flawless rounds are much harder to come by, but it's still solid advice.

squiDc00kiE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By squiDc00kiE

@Seppli: Is there an active giant bomb platoon out there? Or a platoon/server some duders play on?

sandweed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By sandweed

Post your battle log profile and I will tell you what you are doing wrong :)

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Funkydupe

Are you Premier players happy with the extra content that it brings? I'm having enough fun in BF3 to consider this if a good deal on Premium appears. Sadly the only deals I've seen on it was around the Christmas/Holiday sales.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.