Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Ugh - so I got to start playing SQDM now?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

Back 2 Karkand is freaking mana from the heavens. The assignments themselves are kinda cool, but the mode-specific ones bug me somewhat. If they'd all be kit specific, that'd be neat. Stuff like 5 SQDM wins force me to play modes I don't like. I'm not playing Battlefield to play Deathmatch. I play Battlefield, because I generally dislike Deathmatch modes. Guess I'm gonna do it, because I love me my virtual guns. Guess it's the beauty spot on B2K. I could do without.

You guys like the assignments?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Seppli said:

Guess I'm gonna do it, because I love me my virtual guns. 

The thought process of every BF3 player on this subject, including mine. Problem is, it's not that easy. 

I switched the mode to SQDM on our server and we went on a 4v4v3 run, it sucked the soul out of us and we stopped after 1 round, those COD modes just feel wrong on these big maps. 
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Seppli

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Seppli said:

Guess I'm gonna do it, because I love me my virtual guns.

The thought process of every BF3 player on this subject, including mine. Problem is, it's not that easy. I switched the mode to SQDM on our server and we went on a 4v4v3 run, it sucked the soul out of us and we stopped after 1 round, those COD modes just feel wrong on these big maps.

Guess the pro thing to do is, to snatch the IFV to get the win, since a competent IFV team can pretty much dominate anything. Oh well, the whining on Battlelog over the assignments gets awfully loud. I don't think that will abate before its changed to something bearable like 1 SQDM win.

Personally, I find all the mode specific assignments nonsensical. Cannot fathom who thought that would go over smoothly with the community.

LibertyForAll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By LibertyForAll

I always feel like I don't know what to do strategy-wise in deathmatch modes (if there even is any strategy involved). I have minimal incentive to move because the other team is either going to be camping or spawning behind me. I get enough of that in regular modes... Mostly just have to treat it as twitch practice I guess.

xdaknightx69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By xdaknightx69

i'm just gonna get the Famas, the other guns aren't really that exciting for me and i hate grinding by doing dumb shit for weapon unlock.

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By damnboyadvance
    @xdaknightx69 said:

i'm just gonna get the Famas, the other guns aren't really that exciting for me and i hate grinding by doing dumb shit for weapon unlock.

Pretty much what my plan is. The FAMAS is by far the easiest weapon to get, and it's pretty decent as that. I like that you start with a 12x scope, too.
    Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Karl_Boss

Its not that many matches.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Seppli

@damnboyadvance said:

@xdaknightx69 said:

Pretty much what my plan is. The FAMAS is by far the easiest weapon to get, and it's pretty decent as that. I like that you start with a 12x scope, too.

The first tier of weapons is a breeze. Unlocked 3 guns in a 3 hours session. The sniper rifle is soon to follow. No reason no to do at least the first tier of the kit-specific weapons. Yeah - you got to use the mortar for 2 kill and drill some dude to death with the torch and spot a couple of dudes with the SOFLAM or CITV, but that's a matter of minutes really.

5 SQDM wins though... I shudder at the thought of it. That's gonna take a proper session of playing something I'd rather not, if I'm lucky. Oh well, I'll unlock first what comes naturally and just play SW:TOR instead of grinding unlocks. Might be patched by the time I'd get around to doing those assignments.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Karl_Boss

I don't get why the G53 has the 12X ballistic scope equipped on it by default....the gun is garbage with that equipped

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jackel2072

Well i just unlocked the MG36 so im happy. thank god for operation metro.... i never thought i say that. 

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jackel2072

@AhmadMetallic 
     couldn't you just password protect your server, invite some friends and take turns winning/loosing? i mean sure its cheating, but oh fucking well. 

LibertyForAll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LibertyForAll

"Its not that many matches." I played 15 matches last night without a single win. It was painful. First of all it's hard to even get in squad/team that even has a fair (=) number of players, nevermind with some other people that are decent. I wasn't even doing bad (kdr>1) It's just that there is always some other squad slaying people way faster. I went to an empty server to try to learn the maps a little better and thinking maybe I had a better chance on a server with just a few people, then all of a sudden there's 3 clans battling on the server and again I'm in a squad by myself... Then I realized that I think you have to get all the first five assignments before doing that so it was all moot anyway. My fear is that I'll eventually get them and then they'll change the requirement like what happened with the co-op unlocks.

MysteriousFawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MysteriousFawx

@AhmadMetallic: I got 13500 points for that 1 SQDM round :D:D

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Seppli

Done with 5 SQDM wins. Found a 10 kills for a win server. Still took me a while and it was hell on earth. If I could step on somebody's throat, regardless of being affiliated with this assignment or not. It would help a lot right now.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MrKlorox
    @Unknown_Pleasures said:

I don't get why the G53 has the 12X ballistic scope equipped on it by default....the gun is garbage with that equipped

Because it's the only LMG with a selectable single shot firing mode. Use the bipod and hang back a ways spotting and suppressing dudes. It's still pretty accurate at range if you don't fire too rapidly.

edit: Wait, nevermind. That's the QBB-95. My mistake.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Seppli

@MrKlorox said:

@Unknown_Pleasures said:

Because it's the only LMG with a selectable single shot firing mode. Use the bipod and hang back a ways spotting and suppressing dudes. It's still pretty accurate at range if you don't fire too rapidly. edit: Wait, nevermind. That's the QBB-95. My mistake.

Deffo a bug. Like the second scope unlock is a 6x. Likely tupsy turvy unlocks for that gun. The 12x scope would naturally be the last unlock for an LMG I bet.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#17  Edited By Vinny_Says

SQDM is a pain to play, closest I ever got to a win was 48 kills. We lost within the final 2 minutes of the match bacause the other team came from behind with that stupid tank. Still don't even have the ribbon, so winning 5 matches seems impossible.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    No Caption Provided
    easthill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By easthill

Played 7 rounds of SQDM yesterday, won 5 of them. Lamejoining ftw.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By jakob187

In Bad Company 2, my friends and I spent the majority of time in Squad Deathmatch. The action in there was way more tense than the Rush and Conquest modes, especially since Conquest sucked fat balls in it and Rush was easily exploitable.

With Battlefield 3, the setup of the whole game in general is so fucking wonky (with Origin on PC and with the Online Pass on Xbox) that my friends and I have just barely been playing. I just started again when the B2K update came out, and the last time before that had be logged in 42 days ago!

Honestly, SQDM is pretty alright if you get four really good teams in there. I can play through them for some weapon unlocks...

...ESPECIALLY when one of the unlocks is the L85A2. My favorite goddamn weapon in BF2 was the L85A1, so I should be right at home using this muthafucker.

Avatar image for extreme_popcorn
    Extreme_Popcorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By Extreme_Popcorn

I unlocked the L85 a couple of days ago after hours of trying to get the SQDM wins, used it for one match and then went back to the FAMAS.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Extreme_Popcorn said:

I unlocked the L85 a couple of days ago after hours of trying to get the SQDM wins, used it for one match and then went back to the FAMAS.

>_> 

L85 + foregrip + heavy barrel = monstrosity 
    liadm97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By liadm97

i love sqdm.. what's your problem there ?=D

Badwriter95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Badwriter95

@liadm97: Can't tell if serious or not. >.>

On Topic: Anyways, if an individual is lucky they'll get a good squad. Personally, I've only played six SQDM games in total and won five of those, mainly by luck I might add. Possibly helped by rather unskilled players comprising the other teams.

xdaknightx69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By xdaknightx69

fuck SQDM i cant even get 2 mortar kills :(

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By Wuddel

@xdaknightx69: just hit other mortars. Set up. Fire a round. Pack in. Repeat.

Akrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Akrid

happened to find a server that was tuned to have the max turnover for SQDM wins. Somehow they managed to make it so there's only 2 squads available. 2 teams = much better chances of winning. Plus, 50 tickets is not really much when thought of in terms of 32v32. I was burning through wins pretty quick till my internet crapped out.

Here it is if anyone is interested. Empty right now, might stay that way.

xdaknightx69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By xdaknightx69

@Wuddel: thanx it worked :)

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By AlexW00d

Yeah after the 3 wins I got on our server I found one that was 64 player SQDM and it went by super fast. Still a god awful mode though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.