Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 4

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Oct 29, 2013

DICE's popular multiplayer-focused shooter series continues, making its debut appearance on the PS4 and Xbox One.

So, I don't know, is Naval Strike still totally borked?

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've tried out 64-player games of Naval Strike maps on PS4 (Conquest & Carrier Assault) a few times a week since release, and every time the rubber-banding issues (among others) make it totally unplayable. Which is a shame, because it's seemed like a really good time at its most playable unplayableness.

I guess I'm just asking for half the people to go "yeah it works" and the other half to say "hell yeah it doesn't work." Oh, well. Battlefield 4 remains an endlessly frustrating game. Interested to see how they handle the rollout of whatever the next Battlefield game turns out to be.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

Yeah, for the most part, it is still really bad. Every once in awhile I'll get into match and it works fine, but then 2 or 3 matches on that server it starts acting up. It's impossible to avoid. I don't understand how they haven't addressed this issue yet. It's fucking ridiculous. It sucks because I really like playing on these maps and playing Carrier Assault especially, but much of the time I end up having to quit out because it becomes completely unplayable. The rubberbanding has even been plaguing the base game servers more than usual recently, too, though it seems to pop up on certain maps more than others.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

I uninstalled the game like, 3 weeks ago because of the rubber banding. Pathetic it isn't fixed.

Avatar image for midnightgreen20
    midnightgreen20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Yeah it doesn't work. I play on PS4 and it's unavoidable no matter what server you play on. I even filtered it down to US servers and still plays like crap. Vanilla servers work best but if you play on Lancang and Hainan expect some serious lag with those maps particularly. But I have a friend who plays on XB1 and the problems are the same on that platform. It's just messed up no matter how you play.

seveword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Completely off-topic, but I'm glad you used the word 'borked' because I used that at work the other day and got blank stares. I got a little validation that I didn't even know I needed.

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By bwheeeler

Good to hear it's pretty universal, I guess. The maps seem well-made, and Carrier Assault seemed awesome for the five or so minutes that it actually worked. Hopefully the community doesn't die before the game is fixed.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By Seppli

I make a point of trying to play two to three rounds of Conquest 64 every night, because I fucking love the Naval Strike maps. Every night when I turn on my PS4, I pray to the gods for a new miracle patch fixing it. Conquest 64 is pretty bad, but still somewhat playable. Carrier Assault 64 is totally borked however. Completely unplayable. One of these days, my prayers will be heard - I hope.

EA/DICE needs to fix their servers. It's been bad before, server-wise. Bad Company 1 was terri-bad at times. Bad Company 2 had some phases of horrible server-lag too on both console and PC. BF3, which I played on PC, had server lag issues every now and then too - but it's never been as bad as BF4 since the release of Naval Strike. Horrid. Even worse, I feel like some of these maps are the best Battlefield has ever had. I want to play the game so flippin' hard.

I guess I could just resort to playing Rush, but I've long since determined that the arbitrarily increased playercount of 32, up from 24, makes it a whole lot less enjoyable - so I've a hard time enjoying that too.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Beta DLC

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.