Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Are the SPECACT packs worth it?

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By CenturionCajun

Alright, I love me some Bad Company 2 and just bought me a shiny new 4000 Live Points card. I've unlocked every weapon in the multiplayer and am on my final stretch to getting an S-Rank. The only thing really standing in my way now are the SPECACT packs and the new Onslaught mode. I'm all for Onslaught cause I love horde modes but I'm kind of on the fence for SPECACT. The way the descriptions are worded is confusing as it appears all it does is add some new weapon and character skins in addition to an achievement for each class. Is this pretty much the extent of it? For $5 that ain't so bad but it just seems like some incredibly frivolous DLC nonsense.

So, for those that have bought it is it worth it?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Nothing is worse then Oblivion Horse armor. 

And you need the Specact to get S rank. 

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By CenturionCajun

I'm just curious if there is anything else redeeming about them beyond the fact that each gives you an achievement. It almost seems to me that they are charging you five bucks for four achievements.

A_Wet_Shamwow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By A_Wet_Shamwow

buy 4 dr peppers  (my favorite beverage) you take the codes from the bottom of the cap you go to  http://www.drpepper.com/  go to promotions i think you have tom  make a account on drpepper.com but after that just put those in and get them onto your ea account and BAM you got em or at least that's what i did

DerekDanahy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DerekDanahy

Specact gave me a reason to dive back into the multiplayer and took me about 6 hours to get all the achievements. So it doesn't seem like too bad of a rip off.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @CenturionCajun said:
    " Alright, I love me some Bad Company 2 and just bought me a shiny new 4000 Live Points card. I've unlocked every weapon in the multiplayer and am on my final stretch to getting an S-Rank. The only thing really standing in my way now are the SPECACT packs and the new Onslaught mode. I'm all for Onslaught cause I love horde modes but I'm kind of on the fence for SPECACT. The way the descriptions are worded is confusing as it appears all it does is add some new weapon and character skins in addition to an achievement for each class. Is this pretty much the extent of it? For $5 that ain't so bad but it just seems like some incredibly frivolous DLC nonsense.  So, for those that have bought it is it worth it? "
    You can get em for free you know. There is a code out there you just use over and over. 
    CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CenturionCajun

Interesting. I might have to give that a look see.

infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By infininja

A friend of mine just recently bought the game and the universal code we tried didn't work any more, but we didn't try all of them.

They're character and gun skins. There are also 2 pins for each gun and 1 insignia for each gun. If that's something you'll enjoy working towards, they're worth it, if not, they're not.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Tennmuerti

The russian medic skin can be considered a buff. It replaces the standard red "kill me now" beret with a more subtle looking one :)

jonnybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By jonnybob

I used the universal code(s), haven't really played since though. Definitely wouldn't have paid those astounding prices though.

MacGoesZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MacGoesZoom

They just released more Dr.peppers (In Utah at least) that come with codes on them, don't buy it online man. Get a Dr.pepper.
    Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By Bouke
    @Tennmuerti said:
    "The russian medic skin can be considered a buff. It replaces the standard red "kill me now" beret with a more subtle looking one :) "

This

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.