Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Did the patch fix the "suicide bombers"

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Sackmanjones

I used to love the rush game.... until everyone decided to exploit it and use c4 which almost ruins the fun. Yes I know destroying the box is a way to win but it just happened WAYY to easy.  So Im just curious if the patch fixed this as I havent played in awhile

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By mfpantst

Wait what, you can use c4 to destroy the boxes in gold rush?  Wasn't it that way in the old game?

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By 234r2we232

Wait a minute? There's an exploit in a shooter game that isn't MW2?

stealthdf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By stealthdf2

its called strategy, if you cant defend well enough to keep them from blowing it up anyway they want then you lose. DEFEND BETTER!!!!!!!!!!

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By 234r2we232
    @stealthdf2:  That's what I keep telling people about my aim-bot, bro. But nobody listens!
    stealthdf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By stealthdf2

if it were an exploit then dice wouldnt acknowledge it as a real strategy. and you cant defend an aimbot but you can kill people to keep them away from the bomb site. i do it all the time. if you guys suck thats a different issue. dont cry about losing and say somethign should be removed just cause you fail at countering it

whats next you ask them to remove rockets cause someone used them to blow up the bombsite, or remove tanks for the same reason???

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By mikemcn

I drove a C4 Laden ATV into the ditch on the first leg of Port Valdez rush. With only 2 tickets left it was my team's only chance, I killed the MCOM, and about 8 dudes as well as myself, for around 800 points.  We went on to win the game. 

Don't take that from me, Battefield is about improvization. I haven't played rush lately so maybe it really is a problem, but if it just you, it should be left alone.

stealthdf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By stealthdf2

thats what makes battlefield so awesome!!! you can do so much stuff and you never know whats going to happen. its not predictable like COD games or anything else!

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By JoelTGM

yeah that stuff wasn't fun.  The little ATV thing drives in and boom it's over.  It wasn't intended and it's not balanced.  The defenders have no instant way of winning, and the attackers weren't supposed to have one either, but apparently it's ok because it's a strategy.  I don't care if it's a strategy it just doesn't make for a fun or interesting game.  What is supposed to happen is the attackers are supposed to attack the box thing, plant the explosives, and then DEFEND it until it detonates.  It was supposed to be a back and forth thing, and if attackers made it to the box it wasn't supposed to be instant win, but with the ATV thing it is.  So as defenders if you let the attackers have an opening anywhere at anytime to get to that box, they win instantly, and the game mode and maps weren't built for that.  but whatever I haven't played in several months...

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By KaosAngel

....wait, wait, wait... 

....this game lets me suicide bomb?  I'm Arab, so please tell me if this is true or not.  If so, I shall have some fun on PSN when I pick up the game.

stealthdf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By stealthdf2

It is only a instant win if you let them get close enough to blow it up. are you forgetting that you have tanks and all kinds of tools to use against them? you can stop them if you try. i think your just not using everything to your advantage. DICE knows that people use all these tactics and they acknowledge them as real valid tactics.

in my eyes it makes the game MORE interesting and MORE fun.  but i bet your a fan of COD or some other limited shooter eh?

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By grilledcheez

I'll admit it's pretty cheap, but I haven't played to tell you if they weakened it.  

stealthdf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By stealthdf2

Its been in the game since the first battlefield game, ive played them all, if you dont like it then go play modern noobfare where you can sit in the corner and have a robot get all your kills for you. 

LEARN HOW TO PLAY BATTLEFIELD YOU SCRUBS!!!!!!!!!!!

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By Vinny_Says

Since you're already letting them be near the box you might as well let them win, even with C4. Defend better and shoot them before they can plant the C4....

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DrPockets000

Put up mines or use RPGs.  It works better than you might think.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Spoonman671
    @stealthdf2 said:
    " Its been in the game since the first battlefield game, ive played them all, if you dont like it then go play modern noobfare where you can sit in the corner and have a robot get all your kills for you.   LEARN HOW TO PLAY BATTLEFIELD YOU SCRUBS!!!!!!!!!!! "
    That's odd since Rush mode wasn't introduced until Bad Company.  If that's what you consider the "first battlefield game" then you don't have any business calling other people noobs.  Nevermind the fact that only hardcore tools use the term "noob" without a hint of irony.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@stealthdf2 said:
    " Its been in the game since the first battlefield game, ive played them all, if you dont like it then go play modern noobfare where you can sit in the corner and have a robot get all your kills for you.   LEARN HOW TO PLAY BATTLEFIELD YOU SCRUBS!!!!!!!!!!! "
    Whoo! 

You're a winner!
    stealthdf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By stealthdf2
    @Spoonman671 said:
    " @stealthdf2 said:
    That's odd since Rush mode wasn't introduced until Bad Company.  If that's what you consider the "first battlefield game" then you don't have any business calling other people noobs.  Nevermind the fact that only hardcore tools use the term "noob" without a hint of irony. "
     i never called anyone a noob, i called modern warfare  nooby compared to battlefield.

Suicide bombing has been a part of battlefield since the beginning. whether against an objective or an enemy it has always been part of the game.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#19  Edited By natetodamax
    @stealthdf2 said:
    " thats what makes battlefield so awesome!!! you can do so much stuff and you never know whats going to happen. its not predictable like COD games or anything else! "
    Rush is pretty predictable. Either they are planting the charge and blowing it up, or they are blowing it up with C4/rockets if it's in a building.
    stealthdf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By stealthdf2

Yes but there are many ways to accomplish the goal. its a bit more involved than team death match or domination gametypes. The vehicles add a whole new layer to the depth of the game. esp when real people are controlling them instead of just activating them and the cpu running the show.
     Console gamers have a harder time dealing with indepth objective based games, which is why 9 times out of 10 in BC2 you end up with a defending team made up of 10 snipers and 2 medics.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @stealthdf2:  Trust me I'm not saying they get rid of it I understand its a fine strategy I just think the m-coms need to be more resistant to damage and this patch was supposed to do that.
    Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By Marz

-Reduced all weapon damage to the MCOM by 50%.
    - Fixed an C4 vs MCOM exploit on Atacama Desert

this is from PC patch notes, yes it takes longer to kill them, i just played a few games trying to kill the mcoms with tanks

infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By infininja

"  Each MCOM Station has 1000 health.

According to Materials, a C4 explosion has a 0.15x multiplier against the "Objective" material.
    290 becomes 43.5. Twenty-three C4 stuck to the objective will destroy it.

Given the base damage of the rockets, all three match up with a 0.1x multiplier.
    23 hits from the RPG-7, AT-4 and Tank Shells.
    29 hits from the Carl Gustav.
    32 direct hits from 40mm grenades to destroy the MCOM." "
    http://denkirson.xanga.com/722757523/bad-company-2/  

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24  Edited By mfpantst

Wow.  This and something about the vietnam thing now really makes me want this game.  Wish that was something i thought of back in the first bad company.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#25  Edited By Geno

Any team that can't prevent a person or a massive vehicle from entering their base and damaging a heavily entrenched MCOM deserves to lose. I've only heard of noobs complain of this. When I'm defending, guess what happens when I see some mofo packing C4 heading to the MCOM? I shoot him in the head. Novel concept, I know. 

jkizzlemurphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jkizzlemurphy

When I try this, I usually end up dead a lot more than I succeed. So it can backfire easily.

stealthdf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By stealthdf2
    @Infininja: I dont think they are factoring in the explosives upgrade that cause more damage to be done resulting in 12 c4 needed to blow an mcom. So a 2 man squad with 6 c4 each can blow an mcom in one run. or thats how it used to be at least
    infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By infininja
    @stealthdf2 said:
    " @Infininja: I dont think they are factoring in the explosives upgrade that cause more damage to be done resulting in 12 c4 needed to blow an mcom. So a 2 man squad with 6 c4 each can blow an mcom in one run. or thats how it used to be at least "
    If my math is correct, it would take 19 now. The old is not the new.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By jakob187

You are still able to bomb the boxes.  Why?  Because C4...would blow up that box.  It's not rocket science.  It's explosives. 

If you seriously can't defend people from getting to the box and blowing it up with C4 or other explosives, then seriously, you need to up your D as a player and a team. 

@stealthdf2 said:

It's been in there since the first Battlefield game, eh? 

Rush Mode, and the subsequent boxes that we're talking about in this thread, were introduced in Bad Company. 

Your continued embarrassment and lack of knowledge can be found outside of the door over this way >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By captain_clayman

try shooting them.

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31  Edited By FourWude

These sort of tactics are in so many online multiplayer games that it shouldn't be a surprise now should it?

Think of blowing vehicles up whilst you're still in it, or people running around with a rocket launcher using them in CQC situations knowing full well they're also going to die. 

Yes it's a cheap tactic, but it's also EXTREMELY commonplace. 

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @Marz said:
    "  -Reduced all weapon damage to the MCOM by 50%. - Fixed an C4 vs MCOM exploit on Atacama Desert  this is from PC patch notes, yes it takes longer to kill them, i just played a few games trying to kill the mcoms with tanks "
    The MCOM exploit was when someone on the defending team set a charge on their own MCOM at the front of building in the base the near the Russian side and it couldn't be blown up at all.
    stealthdf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By stealthdf2
    @jakob187 said:

" You are still able to bomb the boxes.  Why?  Because C4...would blow up that box.  It's not rocket science.  It's explosives. 

If you seriously can't defend people from getting to the box and blowing it up with C4 or other explosives, then seriously, you need to up your D as a player and a team. 

@stealthdf2 said:

It's been in there since the first Battlefield game, eh?  Rush Mode, and the subsequent boxes that we're talking about in this thread, were introduced in Bad Company.  Your continued embarrassment and lack of knowledge can be found outside of the door over this way >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> "

your not very smart are you. read my previous post and then go put your hooked on phonics tape back in so you can brush up on your comprehension skills.

@stealthdf2 said:

" @Spoonman671 said:

" @stealthdf2 said:
    That's odd since Rush mode wasn't introduced until Bad Company.  If that's what you consider the "first battlefield game" then you don't have any business calling other people noobs.  Nevermind the fact that only hardcore tools use the term "noob" without a hint of irony. "
     i never called anyone a noob, i called modern warfare  nooby compared to battlefield.  Suicide bombing has been a part of battlefield since the beginning. whether against an objective or an enemy it has always been part of the game. "
    eezo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By eezo

The fact of the matter is that a "c4 rush" has allways been in the battlefield series... all the way back to 1942 you could put TNT in ur jeep and run it into tanks and shit... it was legit back then and it's legit now.. sure it's annoying when it happens to you, but like people have said, defend better or just stop playing the game all together. My main problem with BC2 is that there are more Wookies than humans and it's really boring tbh

edit: Wookies = snipers (for the guys who didn't understand that)

stealthdf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By stealthdf2
    @eezo said:
    " The fact of the matter is that a "c4 rush" has allways been in the battlefield series... all the way back to 1942 you could put TNT in ur jeep and run it into tanks and shit... it was legit back then and it's legit now.. sure it's annoying when it happens to you, but like people have said, defend better or just stop playing the game all together. My main problem with BC2 is that there are more Wookies than humans and it's really boring tbh  edit: Wookies = snipers (for the guys who didn't understand that) "
    yes you are 100% correct. thats the problem with majority of console gamers is that they dont understand how to play a game like this correctly when it comes to indepth objectives that require real teamwork and cooperation. instead we end up with a 12 man team consisting of 10 snipers and 2 medics. they really should put a limit on how many people can be a certain class type.
    fentonalpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By fentonalpha

Ahhhh.... many a "Hail Mary" play when down to the last few men saved a round thanks to this.

eezo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By eezo
    @stealthdf2 said:
    " @eezo said:
    " The fact of the matter is that a "c4 rush" has allways been in the battlefield series... all the way back to 1942 you could put TNT in ur jeep and run it into tanks and shit... it was legit back then and it's legit now.. sure it's annoying when it happens to you, but like people have said, defend better or just stop playing the game all together. My main problem with BC2 is that there are more Wookies than humans and it's really boring tbh  edit: Wookies = snipers (for the guys who didn't understand that) "
    yes you are 100% correct. thats the problem with majority of console gamers is that they dont understand how to play a game like this correctly when it comes to indepth objectives that require real teamwork and cooperation. instead we end up with a 12 man team consisting of 10 snipers and 2 medics. they really should put a limit on how many people can be a certain class type. "
    Pretty much... but then again the "class limitation" thing is used in Americas Army and well it allways just ends up being a race to get sniper then just everyone camps untill the sniper leaves the server and rushes for the sniper "slot" ... so yeah that doesn't really work either. BF is just a game that has to be played in a team focused fashion, but most people don't understand this.. that is also the reason why i can run behind enemy lines and flank them without even thinkin about it... because everyone on the other team runs around like a headless chicken.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.