Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

I sure hope for a Badcompany 3.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By big_jon

I would love to see a sequel to Badcompany 2, I would jump with joy if they announced it.

I like Battlefield 3, but I loved Badcompany 2, I hope for a game that truly improves on the design choices made in Badcomany 2, no lock on, great art style, better Rush maps, and mechanics.

There are things I would like to see lifted or improved on from BF3 too, but far less that what I would want to see improved on from Badcompany 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I'm with you man, I hope the main Battlefield series sticks to PC and Bad Company sticks to consoles. I really felt Bad Company is a much better online experience than BF3, on consoles anyways.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By huntad

Yeah, for consoles I much preferred Bad Company 2 to BF3.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sooty

@Bucketdeth said:

I'm with you man, I hope the main Battlefield series sticks to PC and Bad Company sticks to consoles. I really felt Bad Company is a much better online experience than BF3, on consoles anyways.

How dare you. A lot of people loved BC2 on PC as well.

Though it's pretty obvious Battlefield BC and the 'main series' are going to be on both console and PC.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By big_jon

@Sooty: Sales really makes that a fact.

clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By clstirens

@big_jon: Bad Company 2 had lock in the form of Tracer rounds, except that they were massively nerfed with the last major patch (the reload of vehicle smoke made it so they were fairly impossible to use affectively)

That being said, I would love to see the Bad Company gang in another story, I seriously did not enjoy the characters or story of BF3 except the relatively short tank side story (and technically the pilot, but that had NO story, really)

Avatar image for belligerentengine
    BelligerentEngine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BelligerentEngine

As has been mentioned before I'd really like a Battlefield Bad Company: 2143. Same characters, with no mention made of them seemingly also existing in two alternate timelines.

Also I'd like them to still make modern cultural references. Without acknowledging how said references would be out of place 130 years or so into the future.

clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By clstirens

@Bucketdeth: I've not played BF3 on consoles since the beta, but I can say from what I've heard about the latency issues on consoles, that's probably right. (also, isn't it true that the ps3 version has broken Voip for squads?)

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By big_jon

@clstirens: Yeah I liked those two missions too, the rest was pretty lame.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By benspyda

I did enjoy BC 2 better than BF3. But that's probably because BF3 feels almost identical as far as classes and leveling, so the thrill has worn off a bit.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clstirens said:

@Bucketdeth: I've not played BF3 on consoles since the beta, but I can say from what I've heard about the latency issues on consoles, that's probably right. (also, isn't it true that the ps3 version has broken Voip for squads?)

Yep, not only that, I'm always thrown on a different team than my team mate and sometimes it can take 3-4 tries to be put on the same team.

But the biggest issue for me is the input lag currently plaguing the PS3 version.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Canteu

BF3 = BC3.

So what you're telling me, is that you enjoyed being literally incapable of destroying choppers which would fly around in a circle above your spawn all day long, killing everybody.

If they had made that tracer dart hit-scan, that game would have been perfect but alas, it was fucked simply from one design decision. Invincible Helicopters.

spartanlolz92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By spartanlolz92

well in bf3 they have a hintd at what dice is working on next on the boxes on wake island it says 2143 wi]hich will be a sequel to 2142

then im guessing badcompany 3 for consoles and pc i mean they did heavily suggest it

clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By clstirens

@Bucketdeth: Last I checked Dice has been pretty moot on details about fixing these issues. I hope that's not true, though the game is edging on 4 months old now, so...

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By big_jon

@Canteu: I had no issue killing choppers majority of pilots were predictable circle strafing n00bs, I also could take them out with other choppers too, but I was very good at Badcompany 2. 40,000 plus kills does that, but that just shows I loved the game.

And now that I am good in attack choppers in BF3, on no jet maps I find it pretty easy to never die on a Cobra so your argument is further invalid.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Canteu

@big_jon: Just because you're a good player doesn't mean you can simply ignore a critical design flaw. I'm calling bullshit on your chopper killing prowess. I played BC2 like 1000 hours or something, and those people who you claimed to be "n00bs" because they performed a maneuver that made them invincible to all weaponry capable of destroying said vehicle are generally not the noobs.

Taking them out with another chopped required you to be able to get into your helicopter, which the enemy normally has anyway or is being base raped. That's how those maps always worked. Spawn, one team has both choppers, leave game.

I'm not quite sure what you meant by my argument is invalid. BF3 has lock-on and it is actually possible to kill choppers, quite easily in fact. My point was unrelated to BF3.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By ajamafalous
    Bro that came out already
    Bro that came out already
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By big_jon

@Canteu said:

@big_jon: Just because you're a good player doesn't mean you can simply ignore a critical design flaw. I'm calling bullshit on your chopper killing prowess. I played BC2 like 1000 hours or something, and those people who you claimed to be "n00bs" because they performed a maneuver that made them invincible to all weaponry capable of destroying said vehicle are generally not the noobs.

Taking them out with another chopped required you to be able to get into your helicopter, which the enemy normally has anyway or is being base raped. That's how those maps always worked. Spawn, one team has both choppers, leave game.

I'm not quite sure what you meant by my argument is invalid. BF3 has lock-on and it is actually possible to kill choppers, quite easily in fact. My point was unrelated to BF3.

You are bad if you can't take down a circle strafer with a Gustav and have played "1000 hours".

It was easy as hell, I played last night foe the first time in like four months, and in my first game took out one of the best pilots on the 360 twice in a row, it's not a balance issue if you are just bad...

Choppers may have been a bit OP in the right hands, but they were not impossible to kill by any means.

It is only easy to kill bad pilots in BF3, if they are good they do not get killed by stingers very often.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Canteu

@big_jon: Just because you say something is oh so easy, doesn't make it true.

Calling me bad, a claim which you clearly can't quantify, is rather childish of you. Try harder.

"WAHHH BUT EETZ SO EZ J00 N00Bz0Rz" is not a good argument.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By Deranged

Bad Company was much more enjoyable to me as a whole than BF3 was. It had a MUCH better campaign and the multiplayer was maybe a little better in BF3.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By big_jon

@Canteu: Dude you are claiming the circle strafers were impossible to kill, that is a fucking retarded statement, the fact is that if you feel that way after playing the game for twice as many hours as me than you were pretty bad at it.Circle strafing is the fastest way to die in Badccompany 2 piloting, good pilots may do it once and a while, but they don't do it over add over because they know it will not work against anyone who it half good at the game.

Good pilots who are hard to kill stay farther away and fly from side to side, and up and down for the most part, mixing it up with the odd circle strafing run. Those were often guys who had between 4,000 and 50,000 kills in the choppers so of course they were hard to kill.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Canteu

@big_jon: Hyperbole, that's what I did...Impossible meaning really really fucking hard for anybody but you apparently, to perform.

You can't simply claim people are bad at a game, because there is 1 way to take down something that will literally lose you the game on its own, and that method is generally out of the possibility for most players.

I'm not saying I couldn't shoot down helicopters, because I played that game a lot. But think about it from the other 11 people getting shot to fuck by that chopper's perspective. While you're spending 7 Rockets to kill it, because there's no way you're hitting it on the first try, you have already lost the game and there is simply no coming back from it. If there is two of them? There's no way you're killing either of them, so stop blowing shit out your arse claiming to be the greatest BC2 god. You are simply ignoring flawed game design, to make your epeen look larger, and your view of a game not be skewed toward critique.

Also, when i was clearly critiquing the game, you seemed to think i was talking about you? I was just trying to have a conversation about something you clearly want more of in future games, i.e. your strange adoration of having no lock-on system, and you started calling me bad...Grow the fuck up.

EDIT: Montages, clearly the best place to go for general game to game skill, not shot over hundreds of games and not only the glory moments.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By big_jon

@Canteu: I said I was good at the game and could counter choppers, so that is my claiming I am I God at the game? You really like you hyperbole don't you? Choppers were OP in some ways IN THE RIGHT HANDS, but I still liked that you had to use skill to destroy them unlike in BF3 where you point, shoot and hope that the guy is bad at flying and fails to hit flares or get behind cover. And the reality is that most people would be playing against a stacked team in Badcompany 2 when getting wreaked by choppers, and that was why they hated them so much because the chopper itself was not the only thing making it hard to take them out but it was doing the most damge.

Also AA guns were there for a reason, and half the time the team of dip shits was being raped by the chopper in my experience were having that happen because they were too fucking stupid to get on it, one shot could mean the end for a chopper that was caught off guard.

People just need to get over this idea that I am bringing up "Skill" as a way to premote my self, it is a fact that it has a huge effect on balancing and countering.

Let's get back on topic please.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Canteu

@big_jon: Ok, you're not listening, or are unwilling to understand the point i was getting at, but nevermind, you seem to be enjoying yourself. Have fun at dinner duder.

People? I think that was me just there. Skill is exactly the problem. It required too good of a player to remove helicopters effectively, there would not always be said player in many games for most people. This is not the meaning of balance.

I prefer the BF3 system much better. It's not about needing a top tier played to remove what was simply a gamebreaker, it's about the pilot showing off their skills instead. How do you take out a chopper in real life? You fire a fucking dumbfire at it? No, you use motherfucking lock on. Who the fuck fires a tracer dart at an apache anyway?

EDIT: AA guns were not always there. They put them in because the choppers were a problem, and continued to be a problem afterwards, due to them just being able to blow up the AA...but nevermind that's besisdes the point.

uberexplodey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#25  Edited By uberexplodey

I'd love a 3rd Bad Company, but I think it might be a while before we see anything resembling such...with some higher-ups thinking that Medal of Honor can still make a comeback.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Spoonman671

I'd rather see a sequel to Bad Company 1 first.

Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By captain_clayman

Bad Company 2142 would be awesome. if anyone remembers that from that one episode of the bombcast. with the same characters and everything, that'd be great.

codynewill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By codynewill

Bad Company 2 had a killer campaign that almost everyone ignored. Sadly, BF3 has one of the worst campaigns and everyone knows it. As for multiplayer, BF3 is better because of the class changes, but I can see why people wouldn't like it as much. As for me, I enjoyed Vietnam better than BC2 multiplayer proper.

clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By clstirens
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#30  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @Canteu said:

@big_jon: Hyperbole, that's what I did...Impossible meaning really really fucking hard for anybody but you apparently, to perform.

You can't simply claim people are bad at a game, because there is 1 way to take down something that will literally lose you the game on its own, and that method is generally out of the possibility for most players.

I'm not saying I couldn't shoot down helicopters, because I played that game a lot. But think about it from the other 11 people getting shot to fuck by that chopper's perspective. While you're spending 7 Rockets to kill it, because there's no way you're hitting it on the first try, you have already lost the game and there is simply no coming back from it. If there is two of them? There's no way you're killing either of them, so stop blowing shit out your arse claiming to be the greatest BC2 god. You are simply ignoring flawed game design, to make your epeen look larger, and your view of a game not be skewed toward critique.

Also, when i was clearly critiquing the game, you seemed to think i was talking about you? I was just trying to have a conversation about something you clearly want more of in future games, i.e. your strange adoration of having no lock-on system, and you started calling me bad...Grow the fuck up.

EDIT: Montages, clearly the best place to go for general game to game skill, not shot over hundreds of games and not only the glory moments.

Why are you spending 7 rockets to take down a chopper?  Choppers in BC2 are easy as hell to down.  You're not critiquing the game fairly if you judge it by your own limited ability.  That'd be like saying tennis is unfair because you're not a tennis pro.
    Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Canteu

@SeriouslyNow: "Think about it from the other 11 people getting shot to fuck by that chopper's perspective"

"Hyperbole, that's what I did"

matthias2437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By matthias2437

I am a PC gamer and would prefer Bad Company 3 over another Battlefield. Like I played HUNDREDS of hours of BC2 on pc, but only about 5 of BF 3 on PC.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#33  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    Don't worry man, you getting a proper BC3 is a much bigger chance than me getting a proper BF4.  The BC series is what gave DICE their first real money boner.

@Bucketdeth said:

It's just that mindblowing EA greed. They just couldn't keep Battlefield for us and Bad Company for you, they had to make everything available for everyone and fuck with everyone's flow in the process.
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @Canteu said:

@SeriouslyNow: "Think about it from the other 11 people getting shot to fuck by that chopper's perspective"

"Hyperbole, that's what I did"

Once again, we have to think about Tennis being an unfairly hard game because game because the majority of people can't play like pros?  I think not.  Some people like to play games even though they accept the fact that they'll never be as good as some other people.  The people who can't really shouldn't be playing at all because they just want to whine and gripe and ruin other people's fun.  The trick is to have fun even when you lose.  It's called gaming, not professional-life-and-death-split-second-decision-making.  People who complain that choppers are overpowered are often the same folk who complain that RPGs are overpowered too.   Funny how that works eh?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AhmadMetallic said:

Don't worry man, you getting a proper BC3 is a much bigger chance than me getting a proper BF4. The BC series is what gave DICE their first real money boner.

@Bucketdeth said:

It's just that mindblowing EA greed. They just couldn't keep Battlefield for us and Bad Company for you, they had to make everything available for everyone and fuck with everyone's flow in the process.

Yeah, sadly. I'm guessing that next it will just be another Bad Company , built mainly for consoles and ported over to PC which will be horribly optimized and piss off the dedicated PC fans but will ultimately make a ton of money and EA won't give a shit about fixing it's problems.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Canteu

@SeriouslyNow: This is a videogame, not a sport. Balance is something they do. Balance means being able to be played by any skill level while still rewarding the good players. I never said choppers were OP. I simply said that the method of taking them down was poor design. You misunderstood me in every possible way.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @Canteu said:

@SeriouslyNow: This is a videogame, not a sport. Balance is something they do. Balance means being able to be played by any skill level while still rewarding the good players. I never said choppers were OP. I simply said that the method of taking them down was poor design. You misunderstood me in every possible way.

It's a flying gunship!  Not a paper hanglider.  It's meant to be able to kill effectively and en masse.  There's usually only a couple maximum per map.  It can be taken down with one good rocket, two poorly aimed rockets, a short burst of AAA heavy or long bursts of AAA medium fire and, if you're really lucky, some extremely good grenade launches.  The pilot can even be shot to death with a well aimed bullet right through the canopy.  It's perfectly balanced for what it is.   You know what isn't balanced for what it is in BC2?  A tank.  There is no way that a grenade can affect a tank in reality and yet enough nades and a tank is toast in BC2.  Balance does not mean being able to played by any skill level it means that if you have one thing/skill/weapon it needs to be balanced another equally effective thing/skill/weapon.  A chopper can easily kill in two ways (machine guns and rockets) and with a lot of difficulty in a third way (road kill).  it can easily be taken down in at least 3 ways and can be taken down with some difficulty in at least two other ways, if not three (maybe even four if you count c4 but requires getting closer than most people will even bother to try).  It's balanced.  The methods to take choppers down are fine and in some ways better in BC2 than in BF3 where lock on missiles don't require darts and AAA doesn't disable vehicles.  I don't misunderstand you, I just don't agree with anything you've said.

I hope I'm not being too harsh but I really think BC2 is an extremely well balanced game.
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By big_jon

@AhmadMetallic: Well with the sales I can imagine that there will be something atleast called BF4.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.