Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Vid - How Not to Be a Noob at Battlefield:Bad Company 2 (Great!)

• 61 results
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

Excellent Tutorial Video by Pixel Enemy...

The more you know... learn from this excellent and fun tutorial vid by Pixel Enemy.

Enjoy!
    SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By SamStrife

Brilliant video.  He's not telling me anything I didnt already know, but he's doing it in an awesome way and it'll really help people who aren't used to the game.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

hmmm seems to me its more of the responsiblity to dice to tell us all this stuff is a good tutorial or tips, most  information contained isn't mentioned in any tips your not a noob if the game doesn't give you the info.
    as it is BC2 is worse then BC 1 and i hated BC 1.

I wish they'd being back modern combat the superior version of battlefield, the one where you could actually go prone.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By meteora
    @WilliamRLBaker said:

" hmmm seems to me its more of the responsiblity to dice to tell us all this stuff is a good tutorial or tips, most  information contained isn't mentioned in any tips your not a noob if the game doesn't give you the info. as it is BC2 is worse then BC 1 and i hated BC 1.  I wish they'd being back modern combat the superior version of battlefield, the one where you could actually go prone. "

The moment they add prone in, makes snipers a bitch to deal with. I'm not sure about dolphin divers/drop shots though.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By pause422
    @WilliamRLBaker said:
    " hmmm seems to me its more of the responsiblity to dice to tell us all this stuff is a good tutorial or tips, most  information contained isn't mentioned in any tips your not a noob if the game doesn't give you the info. as it is BC2 is worse then BC 1 and i hated BC 1.  I wish they'd being back modern combat the superior version of battlefield, the one where you could actually go prone. "
    Yeah...no. Great vid though by the way.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Seppli
    @WilliamRLBaker: 

Actually - Battlefield is much like Street Fighter. It takes years to really grasp the depth of the franchise. Once you are a true veteran of the Battlefield, you'll always have an advantage over newcomers to the franchise. Even this excellent video only scratches the surface. You can do so much more with every weapon and gadget than just the obvious. Obviously even the most obvious seems to be hard to grasp for some people, since all this video does is promoting base-level gameplay. One look at the control scheme and the weapons and gadgets descriptions in-game and you should know about all of this.

Seriously, just adapt to BF:BC 2. It's clearly the best Battlefield game yet. Best balance. Modes suited for any preference. Most complete package including a full-fledged high quality singleplayer campaign and extreme multiplayer replayability. Rumors have it, there will be up to 16 huge multiplayer maps at launch. 8 maps plus 2 free day-1 dlc maps are already confirmed. You seem somewhat grumpy in general and completely unwilling to adapt to any kind of change. Clearly, the gameplay fundamentals are the most refined of any Battlefield game to date - so I don't see how anybody into the franchise can be this opposed to BF:BC 2.
    DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

Play like battlefield and not like your playing MW2

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SamStrife
    @Seppli:  Couldn't agree with you more.
    mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mano521

haha awesome video.  i already knew most of it but hopefully it will teach a few people some stuff

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By meteora

Both hilarious tutorial and insightful one as well.

stinky51012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By stinky51012

brb lulululululul
    Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Andorski

*clap*

Great tutorial.  This is my main issue with the Battlefield series - a lot of players never learn how to play the game.   With so many other FPS games not having squad elements in their gameplay, most players come into a Battlefield game thinking that the main objective is to kill the enemy.  Unfortunately for them, this game is more than aiming at some guy's dome and pulling the trigger.  Every class has a "support feature" and it sucks when teammates never use it, especially when it's a Medic not healing their teammates or an Engineer not buffing ally vehicles.

As a person who usually knows what to do in Battlefield, nothing is more infuriating than to have more points than the next top 3 guys on your team combined and still lose.  This is probably why I gravitated towards Battlefield 1943; with the squad elements being very basic, there was less of a chance for your teammates to be useless resources.

And snipers.  Oh man, snipers.  .  I admit... there are times when I chose the Recon class just to sit back and drop some guys.  Still, I only do this when 1) my teammates are destroying the enemy or 2) when my team is such a lost cause that Jesus would back away from giving any help.  From what I've seen, the best Recon players go back and fourth from being at middle range to being right at the front lines.  Nothing is more helpful having all tank paths be covered with C4.  To the dudes who stay all the way back on some hill to take out the occasional straggler running out in the open - you are nothelping.  Chances are that players who run out in the open and not use cover to run from point to point will likely die right when they hit the front lines.

/rant

I'm still wondering whether I should pick up BFBC2.  All Battlefield games become a frustrating experience when the skill difference between good and bad players widens.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mmmslash
    @Andorski: Play with likeminded players. There are about umpteen million clans dedicated to BC2 already, all with varying degrees of seriousness and skill. Find players that play like you, and play with them regularly.
    ReaperOfLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By ReaperOfLiving

I like that very few people can drive a helicopter more then 10 seconds before it falls crashing headfirst into concrete.  It gives me a less longer waiting time for one.  XD Sometimes idiots are helpful.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#15  Edited By big_jon

Great video.
    Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Donos

Very nicely made, I kinda wish this video was included on the disk. Random point: does the narrator remind anyone of Moviebob?

TwelveFootFour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TwelveFootFour
    @WilliamRLBaker:
    ...Man this guy, It's weird you even spend time on this forum since you don't like this game.
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By big_jon

Clearly this video has not helped ive lost every game today while having the most points on both of the sides today. I am getting pretty fucking sick of losing like this, learn to play the game you fucking morons! FUCK!
    Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Andorski
    @big_jon said:
    " Clearly this video has not helped ive lost every game today while having the most points on both of the sides today. I am getting pretty fucking sick of losing like this, learn to play the game you fucking morons! FUCK! "
    That is probably the worst thing about the demo.  Teams are the same when a new game starts.  This usually results in the winning team to win over and over until people on the winning team quit the game or the losing team quitting and getting replaced with better players.  I hope they fix that in the final build.
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By big_jon
    @Andorski:
    So do I
    TwelveFootFour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TwelveFootFour

I doubt they will, but when the game goes live it shouldn't be to hard to pull out and jump in a new game.
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RsistncE
    @Seppli: I don't know about calling it the best BF game ever per se but I do know one thing...it's fucking awesome.
    Ubiquitous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ubiquitous
    @Meteora:
    I think the addition of prone would completely unbalance the game. IMO.
    AngelKore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AngelKore

I laughed quite a few times during that video. Bravo.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MrKlorox

Yeah that was a nice video. The sound of the narrator had a lot to do with it.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By OmegaPirate

nice video- man im pumped for BC2 - GAH!

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By TheHBK

Meh, I will wait for Battlefield 3

pbhawks45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28  Edited By pbhawks45
    @WilliamRLBaker said:
    Is there anything you like?
    ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

We can blow up the computer?!

Avatar image for deactivated-594edfbbc45ca
    deactivated-594edfbbc45ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@ThePhantomnaut said:
    " We can blow up the computer?! "
    I know that's news to me and I've been playing the demo from day one.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Seppli
    @Agent47CSim2: 
    @ThePhantomnaut:

You can. If an enemy is operating it or did within the last couple of seconds.

It will always be destructible on 'realism mode' settings, since its current 'almost' invulnerability is linked to 'Friendly Fire OFF'
    Sinatra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Sinatra

After watching that video, it has convinced me to buy BC2 and leave MW2 behind. My jaw dropped after watching that video.

waketowakekid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By waketowakekid

Wow tons of people bitching and complaining.........I have a great idea for all those sore losers and master complainers out there like yourselves. Find some other people who love to bitch as much as you and set up a private lobby when the game comes out. That way you can get away from all of those MW2 players and you can all blow each other and have the best of times! 

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jeffsekai

Perfect.

CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By CowMuffins

This is against the rules. No matter how well done it was.

warp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By warp

I like how the video goes on about how the game is better than MW2 because the bullets take time to travel and are affected by gravity which adds to realism. But a minute later it says how a player should just deal with the fact that you cant go into a prone position and just enjoy the game even though its not realistic.

Not a judgment on the game itself...but the guy who made the video seems to really have it out for MW2. Its a different gameplay philosophy thats all...its desperate to want to have it both ways to say how one game is better than another just because of certain design choices. Its not like Burnout Paradise is any better or worse than a Gran Turismo game, but they have two different approaches to the same sort of genre.

goodwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By goodwood

Well I just learned a lot. I have never been into the battlefield series and I want to get BC2 but it makes it hard to get into when there is no MP tutorial. SF4  tried to add in a tutorial but they could have gone a step further with it to help out people just getting into the series.

TwelveFootFour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TwelveFootFour
    @warp:
    That's odd that you say that since he doesn't say anything about this game being better than MW2... In fact I thought that was kind of the point of this vid;  to show ppl coming off of MW2 that this game can be just as fun as MW2... as long as you know how to play. Also I assure you he knows both are games...infact he says that for both.
    Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Rayfield

I learned a bit from that video. I had no idea about the spotting/yelling out functions of the back button. But I do now. Can't wait to play more. 

fentonalpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By fentonalpha

Good but shame about the MW2 dissing.   One of my proudest moments was parking my UAV ontop of the enemy helicopter as it was taking off.  Instant gratification.

philuk19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By philuk19

Great Video, and I dont know how people dont know most of this. Cant wait for release, the game fuckin owns.

RankRabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By RankRabbit

I couldn't tell you how many times I've ran up behind snipers without them even noticing and placed a knife in the back of their neck.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#43  Edited By Sin4profit
    @Andorski said:

And snipers.  Oh man, snipers.
    I always play Assault class and i find that the Sniper players on my squad can make for good spawn points.
    Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
    SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SathingtonWaltz
    @pbhawks45 said:
    " @WilliamRLBaker said:
    Is there anything you like? "
    Not really, since I've been on this forum he pretty much disses everything. Except Xbox and Zune.
    deity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By deity

Awesome video -- both insightful and funny at the same time. One thing I thought was particularly interesting was how it highlighted how different Modern Warfare 2 and Bad Company 2 is in terms of game-play. One is solo-based while the other is heavily squad-based.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#46  Edited By fox01313

Awesome video, glad to see some neat features like the UAV & know it will take some time to adjust to the new kits from the last few BF games.

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By REDRUN

^Bump... Thanks MB. I did not see this post being a week since the last reply.

Workyticket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Workyticket

Great video - Have just picked up BC2 so will be giving this a good few spins and taking copious notes!

gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By gosukiller

No prone? I loved dolphin diving in Battlefield 2! 
    Blasphemy Battlefield! Blasphemy!

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Seppli
    @gosukiller said:
    " No prone? I loved dolphin diving in Battlefield 2!  Blasphemy Battlefield! Blasphemy! "

After having played the MAG beta, I'm very glad that BF:BC 2 doesn't have prone. 

It's really true - prone slows gameplay down and promotes camping. BF:BC 2 is a better game due to not having prone in.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.