Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

What's been your "Oh shit yes" moment?

• 111 results
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By LiquidPrince

When you find out that the man in the Gulag is Pri... Oh wait...

ZmillA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By ZmillA

taking down a drone with a pistol

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#55  Edited By TheHBK

When I had to take a dump so I left the door open so I could keep playing.  I died once because I got distracted as I was trying to push out a big one that felt spiky on my anus.

NarcolepticBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By NarcolepticBat

1942, Went straight into the air with an experimental jet and dropped for long enough that my avatar sh!t himself. It was probably the most unexpected thing I've witnessed in a video game and made me a permanent fan of the BF series.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#57  Edited By YoThatLimp

The first time I remember going , "Oh Shit!", in this game was on the desert map where the attackers get three tanks. I am on defense near the concrete wall near B when a jeep comes flying over the hill right there. He sees me, I see three of them ( driver, machine gun, back seat), they go for the road kill. I crouch, aim my LMG and start praying and pray. I kill the machine gunner first, aim for the back seat next and quickly switch to the drivers seat. Its close and I side step as the jeep rolls harmlessly to a stop and I realize I've killed all three attackers.

Nuts. Never have I ever felt such a visceral rush in a video game.  

bulletstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58  Edited By bulletstorm

I just love blowing up tanks with mines - rewarding every time - classic david and goliath scenario. 

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#59  Edited By natetodamax

There is something strangely awesome about bailing out of a helicopter right when it explodes. Even though you lost an important vehicle, it's exhilarating seeing the chopper explode in a fantastic fireball and many pieces as you and your teammates float down in parachutes behind enemy lines.

Lambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#60  Edited By Lambert

When I can actually play a game without lag, or I can actually get into the game. That is my "oh shit, yes" moment.

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By xMP44x

I was playing a match on Port Valdez, I think it was, and we were on the defending team in Rush. One of the objectives is in a large building at the second base, and most of my team were there. We were all playing as Medics, and everyone kept dropping health packs and reviving one another when we were killed. It was badass, because we held out against the enemies and won the match. Felt sweet, because not only that, I got to try out some of the later Medic class unlocks, such as the M60 and the M249 (which I hadn't unlocked at that time).

EchoEchoEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By EchoEchoEcho

When I sat in a helicopter as the gunner a whole Rush match, where the pilot just circulated around the spawn point of the enemies, and kills just kept coming to me. It was a miracle no one shot us down, but I don't complain. I got a 12.00 k/d ratio that match :D
    Darksaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#63  Edited By Darksaw

Lured a squad into a rigged building, I detonated the C4 and killed myself, then the building fell down and got two of them.

Also took out a low flying Blackhawk pilot with the underslug shotgun.

giancarlo123x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#64  Edited By giancarlo123x

While defending the island rush spot I saw a guy on the UAV across the level and I just finally figured out the perfect height for headshots so I take three seconds to aim and pull the trigger, and at the same time I see a random sniper come out of nowhere and jump in the air infront of the UAV guy and BOOM! DOUBLE HEADSHOT! I yelled "oh shit! fuck yes!" on the mic to my friend. Shit was amazing.

TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By TintedEyes

No- Scoping 3 people in a row, and mortaring a blackhawk. 

This game is epic.

Avatar image for deactivated-594edfbbc45ca
    deactivated-594edfbbc45ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

On Port Valdez, first base. Three attackers were camping in the attic of the building behind A watching the stairs and killing anyone that came up.  So I took the assault class with the first shot gun, climbed up onto the roof and planted c4 all other the roof. Detonated it and I got 4 kills. it was awesome. 

Camurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Camurai

My first "Oh shi-" moment,  playing recon I no scoped a UAV out of the air on port valdez. This game is consistently intense like that, I love it.

raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By raiz265

every time i hit a heli with a my carl gustav i come a little

Log

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Log

I had 3 moments that were pretty badass and 2 were with the Recon kit. 

1. We were on D at the second to last base on Valparaiso in rush mode. The enemy chopper rose up out of their base and was flying basically straight at me. I wasnt really sure if I could kill the pilot cuz I had never tried it before so I just zoomed in and painted his cockpit red. The best part though was that no one else bailed and I got a triple kill when the thing crashed into a rock.

2. We were on D at the last bases on Port Valdez and I was on the corner of the wall out side of the B building looking down over our old position. They only had a few tickets left so I was kinda rushing some of my shots but right before the match ended I saw this guy in a dead sprint heading for the tank at their base. I lead him just right and nailed him right in the head. As I do it I hear my friend in the other room yell out " MOTHERFUCKING SNIPERS EVERYWHERE". Then he noticed it was me that killed him and ran in the room to throw his shoe at me.

3. Me and a few friends were playing squad DM and on almost every match this one team would get in the fucking Bradley with all engineers and just roll around. At first I was just dropping AT mines but the bastards were really good at spotting them and shooting them before they got to them. Anyways I finally got sick of their bullshit and decided to go Assault with my 870MS and slugs. So i started sneaking through buildings around them slowly closing on the back side of the tank. Finally i get right up on it and it says that only 2 of them are inside it but I just wanted the thing dead so I set my C4 on it and get the hell outta there. Right as I blow the charge the other 2 guys spawned and I got a multi-kill. When it spawned again I was just camping it and put C4 on the treads waited till they all got in again and blew them up again.... they rage quit

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#70  Edited By Ghostiet

Sorry for the OT, but this topic single-handedly convinced me to buy Bad Company 2. As fucking soon as it is possible.

Thank you, men.

marlow83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#71  Edited By marlow83

I've had a lot, but the one where I felt most accomplished was on Africa Harbor as an attacker, going after the third set of gold crates. I managed to sneak past the entire defending team (after I spawned from our base), and got on the heavy machine gun near the bridge, and subsequently went Rambo 4 on the other team, and got eight or nine kills before I got taken out by an RPG. It was great

Log

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Log
    @xMP44x said:
    " I was playing a match on Port Valdez, I think it was, and we were on the defending team in Rush. One of the objectives is in a large building at the second base, and most of my team were there. We were all playing as Medics, and everyone kept dropping health packs and reviving one another when we were killed. It was badass, because we held out against the enemies and won the match. Felt sweet, because not only that, I got to try out some of the later Medic class unlocks, such as the M60 and the M249 (which I hadn't unlocked at that time). "
    As fun as this is i really think that you should be capped at 1 medic per squad because my friends and I have gotten into matches before where like every member of the attacking team is a medic and its pretty much impossible to stop. The only thing we started figuring out to do was putting C4 on the bodies of their dead allies and then killing them both when one came for the rez.
    wermax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By wermax

head shot with M95 while on the paraschute, didn't get any super awesome ones yet

Avatar image for holycrapitsadam
    holycrapitsadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By holycrapitsadam

I knifed a guy through a window. It almost seemed like it went slo-mo for a second as I watched it go straight into his eye. That moment alone sold me on this game.
    odyssey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By odyssey

One and one rush. It was a heart pounder. 

Running right through a bunch of smoke with my power drill, drilling a hole into the sprinting foe and earning my achievement. 

A game of cat and mouse with an Apache vs. me running through a series of buildings getting pounded. I'm slashing and blowing holes through buildings trying to lose it, he doesn't let up. It ends with me standing outside with the helecopter running right at me. I smacked the Apache helicopter with my 40MM Grenade. Killing both pilots and watched the vehicle fall right before me. 

Murdering snipers with the UAV.

Grady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#76  Edited By Grady

On the fourth set of crates on Arica harbor I tried to flank into the back of the train car and disarm the bomb.  I used my knife to try and break the wall and instead I get a knife kill through the freaking wall.  I then proceeded to blow up the wall, kill two campers, and disarm the bomb.

Another moment.  The second to last base on Valparaiso I was sniping and they had just planted A.  A guy got on the mounted machine gun in what was left of the building and I lined up a headshot.  Turned out there was a medic behind him and a sniper a bit past him.  Triple heat shot.  one bullet.  It was incredible.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Tennmuerti

On Arica Harbor the very first base, we were defending. You know that place where snipers like to camp, up high in the rocks (to the right from defender spawn perspective).
    Well I like to take the ridge directly opposite it, because it provides good firing lines at enemy tanks and other spots.
    So I'm sitting on my ridge crouched waiting for a tank and see some snipers going up, flag them and when they get into position get my RPG out.

Used the RPG to snipe the snipers!
    The rocket traveled all the way across the chasm of death straight into the sniper nest.
    Got a HEADSHOT with the RPG on the enemy sniper and a double kill on his medic buddy!
    Headshoting a sniper with a rocket - priceless.
    I was like: Oh FUUUUUUUU... came in my pants!
    Bet the snipers was surprised when a rocket hit him in the face :D

I generally <3 killing people behind walls with grenades and 40mm

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Tennmuerti

Just 30 mins ago, I went behind enemy lines and stabbed 5! snipers in the back. :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
    deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I jumped into a half blown up house, killed 3 guys and defused the bomb with seconds to spare. epic shit yes moment.

hicks91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#80  Edited By hicks91

shooting down an apache with an rpg, no tracer or anything, just luck and a grasp of how the gravity works

mnufat17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By mnufat17

I knifed a guy as he blew past me on an ATV.  Right after I got him, the thing careened into a tree and blew up.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By PeasantAbuse

I had a cool moment the other day.  I was just exploring a map a bit and I stumbled upon five members of the other team humping each other in a room.  Obviously it took no skill killing them all, but it was still awesome.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#83  Edited By Arkthemaniac

I hit a helicoptor really high in the air with an RPG in the demo. 

That was my Oh Shit Yes moment.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#84  Edited By wefwefasdf

I was playing on the island map on defense. We were being attacked by the two Blackhawks for most of the game and not one member of our team was doing anything about it. I loaded up my engineer class and aimed at one of the helicopters. Boom! Took it out of the air.

The other helicopter noticed me so I quickly reloaded and blind-fired at it. It nailed the tail sending it spinning out of control. I love this game...

zeefoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By zeefoes

Started a round with 9 kills left till my platinum star for the M24. I joined mid game on the defending team and the attackers had made it to the 2nd last set of objectives, I quickly racked up 8 kills (making sure I remembered the count) and ran all the way up to large hill in the first area. I climbed up the tower, by this time the attackers pushed us back to the last set of objectives. Anyways, sniped some dude that was hiding behind some boxes. That one insignificant kill was worth 10560 points hahahaha. Too bad it wasn't a defuser, or like a triple headshot, that would've been great.

I drew a picture.. blue is just a range for my previous best like 450 or 460, purple is that youtube video of some guy with a 50 cal hitting the 500 cap, green is my platinum star shot.

No Caption Provided
    Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#87  Edited By Yanngc33

Knifing a guy for the first time and seeing his dog tag pop up
    Jothel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Jothel

First one was when some guy was driving towards me on a quad bike, killed him so it rolled to a stop just in front of me, however a better moment was in Arica Harbour - my favourite map, defending, got pushed back to the penultimate set of boxes, basically just a big fuck off war defending those boxes, eventually won, such a good feeling was just like "oh fucking shit yes i like this game"

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Tennmuerti

Winning games when tickets are low is always an awesome feeling.

Yesterday was on an ATV speeding down the highway on Arica Harbor (damn I <3 that map) and was at max speed, going up the ramp on the left side of the base and got quite a lift in my jump, BOOM tank shell hits me right in the air!
    As soon as I respawned I congratulated the tank driver who shot me out of the air.

xXwindoverXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#90  Edited By xXwindoverXx

Probably when I shot across all of Panama Canal from the Russian Deployment tall construction building to (A) with only a six times scope and got a headshot on a running guy in normal mode! lol I aimed maybe like 3 dots in the scope above his head lol

Leptok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Leptok

Finally got the roadkill pin, got 20k in points that it had been holding up.

Protentus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Protentus

It's not so much an "Oh shit yes" Moment, more so a laughing so hard that I pissed a little bit....

I was playing on the squad deathmatch map where there the the grassy area at the top of a hil, then a small residential area and then a little harbor at the bottom.
    I was at the bottom of the map and see a dude running infront of me, I get frantic (this being the first map i ever played) and start spraying him to hell, reload, continue my spray, as expected, i hit him 2/3 times but he manages to evade me.. he starts running up some stairs, with me now emptying my 3rd magazine into his ass, he attempts to spin round and shoot me, it seems his mouse sensitivity was maybe a tad too much, he does a 270degree turn rather than a 180degree, he faces straight into a wall, fires his rocket launcher and ragdoll propells himself 75-100ft in the opposite direction at the speed of light.

The speed at which this all happened, meant that it was only a matter of seconds, but it was long enough for it to be one of the most hilarious incidents of my entire gaming career. Good times, that set BC2 in my good books from then on.                                  

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

#93  Edited By DocHaus

That rush level in the desert harbor (can't remember the name) with the MCOM hidden inside of boxcars at one point? One of the MCOMs had a charge lit and one whole enemy squad was shooting us to make sure no one could touch it until it blew up. I circled around, planted a C4 brick on the wooden wall the enemy had their backs against, and detonated it. I didn't reach the MCOM in time, but I blew up two of the enemy soldiers, then stabbed a third in the neck.

Also, at the beginning of that level as the attacker, using their own stationary AT against their tanks. I took down one of them, then fled when they spotted me and used an RPG-7 to destroy a second one and the guy who was repairing it, practically dodging bullets. That was freakin awesome.

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#94  Edited By Kyreo

When I sniped a dude out of a Helicopter AFTER I called it.

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#95  Edited By Ket87

My best oh shit moment happened during the PS3 Private Beta on Arica Harbor. I spawned and was running down the road trying to get to the M-COM sites and suddenly heard helicopter rotors whirring and a loud explosion. I turn around and some guy had crashed a chopper behind me and it was sliding down the street towards me with the blades spinning. I havnt had a moment replicate the feeling since it was like an action movie.

cuddlycobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By cuddlycobra

one of the most recent moment for me was in.. isla inocents (i think that's what its called),.. well someone left one of your black hawks laying in the enemy area and  it got taken over, in the distance i watched it turn our other black hawk into swiss cheese so it fly's to our base its about 5 feet off the ground faceing me, so then pritty much i know i was going to die, so i desided to die in dignaty, i bring my 40mm out, shoot,.. and it ends up hitting the drivers side window, the helicopter slams to the ground,.. then the driver slowly slumps out of the thing while the other one guy jumps out and get mowed down by about 4 guys.

i know bullets could killed the driver, but for some reason i didnt think the 40 mm could for some reason

regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By regularassmilk

Shot down a heli and it landed on like two guys.

Avatar image for nomutantallowed
    NoMutantAllowed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By NoMutantAllowed

When I got a headshot with a smoke grebade across the map

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Went to rezz a guy and a baddie ran in my way and got himself paddled! 

jmfinamore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By jmfinamore

Nothing super spectacular sticks out, but the moment that made me realized how I liked the game was during the beta. It was one of my first matches, and I had just killed a guy and ran into a house. All of a sudden I hear a bang and the wall I'm standing against is completely gone. Needless to say, I ran for my life. It wasn't that cool, but it scared the hell out of me and just really got me pumped for the game. I guess its mostly because of the incredible sound effects the game has.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.