Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

your team lost... =(

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Jackel2072

I love Battlefield, but last night had to be the most frustrating thing ever. The Server would just keep throwing me into loosing game after loosing game. 

1. there needs to be some sort of mercenary mode like in COD for this game. after each round the top players get evenly spread over the two teams

2. the game needs to really auto balance. its ridiculous when there are only 4 people on my team and 10 on the other. 

3. i need friends who play BF =). all my friends only want to play Black Ops. which is fine, i enjoy Black Ops but i want some verity in my gaming life, so if anyone would like to play later that be awesome. 

The Jackel2072 - Xbox360

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Jackel2072 said:
    " I love Battlefeild, but last night had to be the most frustrating thing ever. The Server would ust keep throwing me into loosing game after loosing game.   1. there needs to be some sort of mercinary mode like in COD for this game. after each round the top players get evenly spread over the two teams  2. the game needs to really auto balece. its redicuols when there are only 4 people on my team and 10 on the other.   3. i need friends who play BF =). all my friends only want to play Black Ops. which is fine, i enjoy Black Ops but i want some verity in my gaming life, so if anyone would like to play later that be awesome.    The Jackel2072 - Xbox360 "
    That is the only issue I have with the online. 

Teams are not mixed up at the end of a match. 
    bwmcmaste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By bwmcmaste
    @Jackel2072:  I agree with you about the lack of an autobalance. Vastly disproportionate teams make the game unplayable at times (for either side). This issue and the broken squad assignment system are my two persistent complaints about this otherwise stellar FPS. 
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By natetodamax

Yep, the game has plenty of balancing issues, partly because some of the maps are just poorly designed.

GamingSince81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GamingSince81

I have played ~12 games of Vietnam since it was released.  I am yet to win a single.game.  

Even better yet, every single game either my team hasn't made it past the first set of crates if we are attacking, or if we have been defending, we have not stopped the other team once.

Incredibly frustrating.

bwmcmaste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By bwmcmaste
    @natetodamax: I disagree, I have only found a couple of the maps (Arica Harbor and Nelson Bay) to be lacking, but the rest are truly excellent. However, I should mention that I only play in the conquest mode.
    DougQuaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DougQuaid

Unless someone got disconnected out of the previous game, 90% of the time you seem to be joining a losing a team if you use quick match. 

The matchmaking part of BC2 is pretty bare bones and could have really used some sort of a lobby or at least a way to vote on maps.

Hot_Sawce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hot_Sawce

I'll give a group two games and if we get stomped twice, I back out and find another game.    If the games are close and we still lose, I'll give it another couple before looking for greener pastures.

Similarly, if I'm on a team that's just dominating, that's no fun either.  I prefer games that are close, giving you that rush at the end.

SomeGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By SomeGuy

I was playing some BFBC2 this weekend and I noticed that I kept seeing the Your Team Lost... screen after the game even when I thought we had won. Like we'd be defending on rush and still have an objective left when the game ended, that kind of thing. 

The weird thing is that I was still getting the medal for winning a game of Rush after the Your Team Lost... screen. Super strange.
    Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Jayross

That win/loss screen glitch still hasn't been fixed? Damn DICE...

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By huntad
    @bwmcmaste said:
    " @natetodamax: I disagree, I have only found a couple of the maps (Arica Harbor and Nelson Bay) to be lacking, but the rest are truly excellent. However, I should mention that I only play in the conquest mode. "
    So then you agree. He said "some of the maps" were poor.  

I think most of the maps are designed fairly well, but the lack of autobalance can be a bummer.
    bwmcmaste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By bwmcmaste
    @huntad: I was in error, but you're absolutely correct about the case of autobalancing. The reason for the developers leaving this out of the game still eludes me. Perhaps they thought it would help distinguish them from every other online multiplayer team shooter in this generation of games?
    huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By huntad
    @bwmcmaste: Oh, the lack of autobalance eludes me as well. I mean, for a game that emphasizes team cooperation so much, it astonishes me when I see a game that has one team with 4 players and the other with around 10 or 12. I mean...what? lol

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.