Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bayonetta

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Oct 29, 2009

Bayonetta is a "non-stop action game" from PlatinumGames. The titular character is a witch who can use hair-based magic, as well as firearms attached to her feet, to battle fallen angels and other foes.

Bayonetta's Hidden Costumes

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

Hachimaki has a few pics up currently. I like the first... 

No Caption Provided

Bayonetta In Gym Shorts
     Bayonetta In Gym Shorts

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for green_incarnate
    Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Green_Incarnate

Of course. Why wouldn't they?

GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By GunnBjorn

I'm missing the 'Eve's'-costume...
    Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Tiwi

The last pic looks a little photoshopped. but it makes sense anyway

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Linkyshinks

Yea. I thought that last one was iffy also.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By beargirl1

i'm loving the gym shorts.  
    the title attracted me, with a game like bayonetta, you know there has to be great costumes 

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Axersia

P.E. Bayonetta is WIN!

I'll be spending the remainder of the game in that costume as soon as I unlock it.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By penguindust

Where's the "sailor school girl" outfit?  Maybe a "hostess" costume?  ;-)

No Caption Provided
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#9  Edited By Yummylee

Bottom pic sorta looks like shes wearing a grey traffic cone O.o
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

lol thats the japanese for ya.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By brukaoru

I remember talk about alternate costumes on the PG video podcast. I wonder which one was suggested by JP.

eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By eclipsesis

Its kind of depressing that this is some of the only action some Japanese boys get

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Linkyshinks

The best hidden costume they could give us, is the one you wouldn't be able to see - Bayonetta naked. I think it would look fucking awesome seeing a naked woman dressed in only heels kicking the shit of everyone, lol. 

Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Kiemoe
    @Linkyshinks: Dude, I was totally thumbs up on gym shorts Bayonetta, but after seeing the front, I'm not sure. Of course, I guess I won't be seeing the front too much. This is a difficult decision.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Linkyshinks

More Bayonetta hidden costumes. I like the Kimono and Cheerleader. 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#17  Edited By Hailinel
    @eclipsesis said:
    " Its kind of depressing that this is some of the only action some Japanese boys get "
    Don't be ignorant.  Plenty of boys around the world are only able to get this kind of action.  It's not specific to one nation or region.
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RsistncE

So is this what Japanese developers have sunk to in the face of oblivion? Making all the leads in their games scantily clad hot chicks? Must be a last ditch effort.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#19  Edited By Yummylee

Veerry nice, there the type of costumes Cosplayers can totally go either way with, either absolutey sexyness in its most singular form...ooor an absolute evil for the eyes.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Hailinel
    @RsistncE said:
    " So is this what Japanese developers have sunk to in the face of oblivion? Making all the leads in their games scantily clad hot chicks? Must be a last ditch effort. "
    eclipsesis was being ignorant.  So are you.
    Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Axersia

Anyone else notice the bulge in the cheerleader pic?

I think they might pull a Nier Replicant on us.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RsistncE
    @Hailinel said:
    " @RsistncE said:
    " So is this what Japanese developers have sunk to in the face of oblivion? Making all the leads in their games scantily clad hot chicks? Must be a last ditch effort. "
    eclipsesis was being ignorant.  So are you. "
    Hey, hey, it's no my fault the Japanese gaming industry is in the shitter and you're too blind to to notice it. I'm not saying Japanese game developers suck (the MG and MGS series I believe are some of the greatest games ever) but in it's current state it seems like the developers are getting desparate and doing stunts like the above to keep their game industry walking...albeit with a massive limp. I think they should reform and focus on the talents that make games like MGS great, not throw out games that will win based on sex appeal. That's just stupid.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Hailinel
    @RsistncE said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " @RsistncE said:
    Hey, hey, it's no my fault the Japanese gaming industry is in the shitter and you're too blind to to notice it. I'm not saying Japanese game developers suck (the MG and MGS series I believe are some of the greatest games ever) but in it's current state it seems like the developers are getting desparate and doing stunts like the above to keep their game industry walking...albeit with a massive limp. I think they should reform and focus on the talents that make games like MGS great, not throw out games that will win based on sex appeal. That's just stupid. "
    Still sore about those comments in the Infinity Ward/MW2 thread, huh?

Do you know how many western games focus on sex appeal, or are you just blind to your own culture?
    mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mikeeegeee

What the fuck is the appeal of this game? It's like panty raider but they make you try harder.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Hailinel
    @mikeeegeee said:
    " What the fuck is the appeal of this game? It's like panty raider but they make you try harder. "
    Uh, no.  That's not it at all.  The game is being made by Hideki Kamiya, one of the people that was originally behind Devil May Cry.  It's the same style of crazy, over-the-top action.  The only real difference is the overt sexual themes.
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By RsistncE
    @Hailinel said:
    " @RsistncE said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " @RsistncE said:
    Hey, hey, it's no my fault the Japanese gaming industry is in the shitter and you're too blind to to notice it. I'm not saying Japanese game developers suck (the MG and MGS series I believe are some of the greatest games ever) but in it's current state it seems like the developers are getting desparate and doing stunts like the above to keep their game industry walking...albeit with a massive limp. I think they should reform and focus on the talents that make games like MGS great, not throw out games that will win based on sex appeal. That's just stupid. "
    Still sore about those comments in the Infinity Ward/MW2 thread, huh?  Do you know how many western games focus on sex appeal, or are you just blind to your own culture? "
    I don't recall talking with you on that thread, but OK.

That's a logical fallacy. Obviously western games have much more than just sex appeal or else they would be in the same boat as Japanese games. Besides I don't know why you're taking this personally...I said Japanese developers have talent because they've made some of the best games of all time. All I said was in the face of an industry that is starting to fall apart they should probably put those talents to better use than this kinda stuff. Sure Bayonetta is pretty good (from what I could tell from the demo) but really it's just the same DMC formula but then they threw in a hyper sexualized female lead. Why not take that time and effort and instead evolve the DMC formula? I just want to know really, because increasing popularity of a game by hyper sexualizing it really isn't a long term solution.
    mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mikeeegeee
    @Hailinel: Wonder how many of the combos you do flash the chick's ass at you. Seems like they spent plenty of time rendering that.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Hailinel
    @RsistncE said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " @RsistncE said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " @RsistncE said:
    Still sore about those comments in the Infinity Ward/MW2 thread, huh?  Do you know how many western games focus on sex appeal, or are you just blind to your own culture? "
    I don't recall talking with you on that thread, but OK.  That's a logical fallacy. Obviously western games have much more than just sex appeal or else they would be in the same boat as Japanese games. Besides I don't know why you're taking this personally...I said Japanese developers have talent because they've made some of the best games of all time. All I said was in the face of an industry that is starting to fall apart they should probably put those talents to better use than this kinda stuff. Sure Bayonetta is pretty good (from what I could tell from the demo) but really it's just the same DMC formula but then they threw in a hyper sexualized female lead. Why not take that time and effort and instead evolve the DMC formula? I just want to know really, because increasing popularity of a game by hyper sexualizing it really isn't a long term solution. "
    Talk about your logical fallacies.  The Japanese game industry is falling apart because they include sex appeal in their games?  Unless you have some sort of evidence to link A to B, I'm going to have to label your argument an absurdity and you as a fool.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Hailinel
    @mikeeegeee said:
    " @Hailinel: Wonder how many of the combos you do flash the chick's ass at you. Seems like they spent plenty of time rendering that. "
    Her clothing is actually made of her own hair.  It actually unravels for some attacks, leading to some brief nudity, though I think that's mainly for the finishers on bosses like in the demo that they had at PAX.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By JJOR64

No wonder Famitsu gave this game a 40/40.  :P

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By RsistncE
    @Hailinel: Ugh I NEVER once said their industry was failing because of putting sex appeal in their games. Please read what I said. I said that they should focus on evolving their games instead of putting effort into things like heightened sex appeal. Do you understand that? I never once imply that they are failing because they use sex appeal but rather that now that they are falling apart they need to be efficient with where they allocate their creative talents.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Hailinel
    @RsistncE said:
    " @Hailinel: Ugh I NEVER once said their industry was failing because of putting sex appeal in their games. Please read what I said. I said that they should focus on evolving their games instead of putting effort into things like heightened sex appeal. Do you understand that? I never once imply that they are failing because they use sex appeal but rather that now that they are falling apart they need to be efficient with where they allocate their creative talents. "
    Who says that they aren't doing both?  Have you played Bayonetta?  How do you know that it doesn't try to evolve the DMC style of gameplay?  Do you understand that?
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @RsistncE said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " @RsistncE said:

If Bayonetta "wins" as you put it, it will be down to the game being as good as Hideki Kamiya has always said it would be be, as good other games, the likes of Viewtiful Joe, Okami and the original DMC. It will have little to do with sex appeal but everything to do with the game looking awesome in every aspect of it's design.  

I don't expect the game to get perfect scores here as it did in Japan recently, but I do expect it to get very high scores, because on the evidence of what I've played of the PS3 demo, it fulfils it's goals as game perfectly. - it has fun complex combat and brings much that's fresh in the genre.
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By RsistncE
    @Linkyshinks: I don't doubt the game is good (in fact from what I played I will probably buy it) what I'm saying is when an industry is on the verge of collapse it needs to innovate. Sure Bayonetta is good but has it shown itself to be innovative? Not really. Now that's not a bad thing, many major hits like the CoD series aren't innovative but they're awesome. The thing is the western industry is booming and therefore doesn't need to innovate as a move to save itself...the japanese industry on the other hand does.

@Hailinel: I only played the demo and really it was the same style of game. I mean I could be wrong and something crazy could happen in the game where it all changes. Regardless if the industry was evolving it shouldn't be falling apart right now. I'm just being objective and clearly if it's still having major trouble they are doing something terribly wrong.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Hailinel
    @RsistncE said:
    " @Hailinel: I only played the demo and really it was the same style of game. I mean I could be wrong and something crazy could happen in the game where it all changes. Regardless if the industry was evolving it shouldn't be falling apart right now. I'm just being objective and clearly if it's still having major trouble they are doing something terribly wrong. "
    Two games coming from the same subgenre of action feature similar styles?  HOLY SHIT!  STOP THE PRESSES!!!
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By RsistncE
    @Hailinel: I don't know why you're being so defensive, I'm only saying I wish the Japanese game industry would reform because I don't want it to die. Honestly, it's like you're looking for an argument or something.
    ErgoProxy77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#37  Edited By ErgoProxy77

Looks great, I am wanting this game more and more these days.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#38  Edited By AgentJ

The shame is that you can't start the game with those costumes

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Hailinel
    @RsistncE said:
    " @Hailinel: I don't know why you're being so defensive, I'm only saying I wish the Japanese game industry would reform because I don't want it to die. Honestly, it's like you're looking for an argument or something. "
    I really don't think it's dying.  It's certainly not as prominent as it was for so long, but is that a sign of decline in Japanese development or growth in development around the world?  You make it sound like we're going to wake up tomorrow morning and not a single Japanese game developer will be in business, but then, how many western developers have downsized or closed shop in the past year alone?
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By RsistncE
    @Hailinel said:
    " @RsistncE said:
    " @Hailinel: I don't know why you're being so defensive, I'm only saying I wish the Japanese game industry would reform because I don't want it to die. Honestly, it's like you're looking for an argument or something. "
    I really don't think it's dying.  It's certainly not as prominent as it was for so long, but is that a sign of decline in Japanese development or growth in development around the world?  You make it sound like we're going to wake up tomorrow morning and not a single Japanese game developer will be in business, but then, how many western developers have downsized or closed shop in the past year alone? "
    It actually is in trouble though. I know this because I've been watching financial statements of major western, european and japanese developers for a while. It's pretty well known amongst market analysts (like Pachter) that the Japanese industry is in severe need of change because it is in danger of collapsing in the near future. Either way whatever, I mean if they die they die, but it would be nice to see that not happen considering how many awesome games they have made.

I'm gonna stop derailing this thread now :S
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Hailinel
    @RsistncE said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " @RsistncE said:
    I really don't think it's dying.  It's certainly not as prominent as it was for so long, but is that a sign of decline in Japanese development or growth in development around the world?  You make it sound like we're going to wake up tomorrow morning and not a single Japanese game developer will be in business, but then, how many western developers have downsized or closed shop in the past year alone? "
    It actually is in trouble though. I know this because I've been watching financial statements of major western, european and japanese developers for a while. It's pretty well known amongst market analysts (like Pachter) that the Japanese industry is in severe need of change because it is in danger of collapsing in the near future. Either way whatever, I mean if they die they die, but it would be nice to see that not happen considering how many awesome games they have made.  I'm gonna stop derailing this thread now :S "
    You know this because you've been watching financial statements?  Can you at least point to some of them instead of hand-waving?
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @RsistncE said:
    " @Linkyshinks: I don't doubt the game is good (in fact from what I played I will probably buy it) what I'm saying is when an industry is on the verge of collapse it needs to innovate. Sure Bayonetta is good but has it shown itself to be innovative? Not really. Now that's not a bad thing, many major hits like the CoD series aren't innovative but they're awesome. The thing is the western industry is booming and therefore doesn't need to innovate as a move to save itself...the japanese industry on the other hand does.

@Hailinel: I only played the demo and really it was the same style of game. I mean I could be wrong and something crazy could happen in the game where it all changes. Regardless if the industry was evolving it shouldn't be falling apart right now. I'm just being objective and clearly if it's still having major trouble they are doing something terribly wrong. "

Not this old argument...( it's becoming annoying that gamers are so quick to judge the game, when they clearly know very little about game). Bayonetta has tons of innovation, you clearly seem to see the game DMC clone, while I and others who have read everything about the game here, know that could not be further than the truth!. Kamiya made this game to intentionally push the action genre forward, it was a primary goal of the development team to revitalize the genre with this game. That  team have been unhappy with where the genre has laid in the hands of Capcom who own the DMC franchise. 

PlatinumGames, formerly Clover Studios, was formed specifically to provide exciting and innovative games that would appeal to Western market, above it's very own. Bayonetta is exciting and fresh project which aims to be a hallmark game for the studio, it will remind us Westerners why Clover Studio was awesome, and why in it's new incarnation, PlatinumGames, it 's even more awesome. 

Just wait on the reviews, you should expect to read these three words closely tied together in the bulk of them - Hideki Kamiya Masterpiece. 
    eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By eclipsesis
    @Hailinel said:
    " @eclipsesis said:
    " Its kind of depressing that this is some of the only action some Japanese boys get "
    Don't be ignorant.  Plenty of boys around the world are only able to get this kind of action.  It's not specific to one nation or region. "
    Sorry, my bad.
    Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#44  Edited By Ghostiet

After that, I can tell one reason why this should be a PC game - nudepatches.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.