Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bayonetta

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Oct 29, 2009

Bayonetta is a "non-stop action game" from PlatinumGames. The titular character is a witch who can use hair-based magic, as well as firearms attached to her feet, to battle fallen angels and other foes.

chances of Bayonetta being drastically different on PS3 in US.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ravensword

Im wondering what are the chances of the PS3 version of Bayonetta in the US being drastically different in quality than that of the JP version? (IE will it be good?)  

I really dont get why this is such a problem in 2009. (multiplatform games that is) is Bayonetta Indicative of the current state of multipaltform games? (meaning how the versions look compared to each other)
    PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By PufferFiz

see the quick look, Game looks fine to me. If you really care then go buy the 360 version and enjoy.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ravensword
    @PufferFiz:

Im mainly just trying to figure out if this is how Normal Multiplats are, or if this is a rare case?
    PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PufferFiz

well I have said it once and I will say it again, chances are both games will look reletivly the same. Sometimes the 360 version looks better sometime the ps3 one looks better. Honestly it should not matter, This just takes away from the enjoyment of the game. Buying one version of the game instead of the other should not change your opinion on the game. Buy one go home play it and enjoy it, why else would you go out and spend 60$ for one game.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ravensword
    @PufferFiz:

But this is a rather dramatic difference in quality. Its kidna hard to enjoy a game thats really inferior in graphics and looks to the other version. Im just asking if most Multipaltform games usually have this degree of difference in quality?
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#6  Edited By Icemael
    @Raven_Sword: Multiplatforms usually look exactly the same. Sometimes there are differences, but they're usually too small to notice unless you do a thorough screenshot-to-screenshot comparison. 

As for the chance that the Western PS3 version will be improved... impossible to say, really. All you can do is hope for the best.
    PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PufferFiz
    @Raven_Sword said:
    " @PufferFiz: But this is a rather dramatic difference in quality. Its kidna hard to enjoy a game thats really inferior in graphics and looks to the other version. Im just asking if most Multipaltform games usually have this degree of difference in quality? "
    no most do not, and honestly looks fine to me, go look at the quick look. And you shouldn't be so cynical.
    Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Randolph
    @PufferFiz said:
    " @Raven_Sword said:
    " @PufferFiz: But this is a rather dramatic difference in quality. Its kidna hard to enjoy a game thats really inferior in graphics and looks to the other version. Im just asking if most Multipaltform games usually have this degree of difference in quality? "
    no most do not, and honestly looks fine to me, go look at the quick look. And you shouldn't be so cynical. "
    Well you're in the minority on that one.  Most people who've played both versions downloadable demo's say it looks pretty heavily downgraded on PS3, and the word is that the JP PS3 retail version isn't that much better.  I'm still thinking about importing the PS3 version myself, since it so ridiculously import friendly, just to play it early, and see for myself.  if I do, I'll be sure to correct myself, if that isn't the case.
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Ineedaname

I think the game is fine, and will be the same, but as it's a small title in comparison to what else is coming out, I think they're trying to hit a period were they'll get a bit of attention with most reviews for the bigger games being out of the way. It's a game that appeals to the Japanese market so they'll release it "On time", I don't think during the delay they'd do anything to make the game look better.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ravensword
    @Ineedaname:

The two versions are anything BUT the same.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#11  Edited By Hailinel
    @Raven_Sword said:
    " @Ineedaname: The two versions are anything BUT the same. "
    What gives you that impression?
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

@Hailinel said:
    " @Raven_Sword said:
    What gives you that impression? "
    Did you see the two videos comparing the 360 version to the PS3 version? The PS3 version is a big step down.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#13  Edited By Hailinel
    @Bucketdeth said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " @Raven_Sword said:
    Did you see the two videos comparing the 360 version to the PS3 version? The PS3 version is a big step down. "
    No, honestly I haven't seen them side-by-side yet.
    PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PufferFiz
    @Hailinel said:
    " @Bucketdeth said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " @Raven_Sword said:
    Did you see the two videos comparing the 360 version to the PS3 version? The PS3 version is a big step down. "
    No, honestly I haven't seen them side-by-side yet. "
    again it doesn't matter, if graphics are such a big deal then get it for the 360.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.