Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bayonetta

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Oct 29, 2009

Bayonetta is a "non-stop action game" from PlatinumGames. The titular character is a witch who can use hair-based magic, as well as firearms attached to her feet, to battle fallen angels and other foes.

DMC3 vs Bayonetta (Poll)

• 64 results
    Lolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Lolo

DMC3, still the best time I've ever had with a game.

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#52  Edited By Whisperkill

That is really tough...

If it was DMC4, i might have to pick that. But here i'll pick Bayonetta. The combat might be a little better. The cutscenes, story and badassery of Dante is better though.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By c1337us

I like me some Bayonetta but any Devil May Cry is superior. Yes I include 4 in that, no I don't include 2. (DMC1 is the correct answer though.)

Shinri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Shinri

dmc3 by far

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By landon

I was asking myself this the other day and I have made my decision. I like DMC3 more than Bayonetta. I will fully agree that Bayonetta plays better, looks better, and better over the top bosses. But DMC3 I played for 50 hours. 50 HOURS! I beat it multiple times, got all this costumes, upgraded every weapon, and did it all again as Virgil. It had a lot of memorable areas and I actually like the story, unlike Bayo. DMC3 is still my favorite action game of all time and I really hope they don't fuck up DMC5 like they did with 4.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By xyzygy

My save file for Bayonetta is over 50 hours I think it's at 53, but that's insane for me and for a game like this. 

I really can't see how the two games are comparable, I think a lot of people are letting nostalgia get in the way. Either way, the better game is winning on the poll :D

KillerFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 33

#57  Edited By KillerFly

The demo for Bayonetta doesn't do that game justice.  It's better than any DMC game has ever been.

Shinwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#59  Edited By Shinwei

I have to go with Bayonetta as well. 

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By FacelessVixen

I love both, but the voice in my head yells DMC3.

Stretch5920

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Stretch5920

I think Bayonetta is the better game. The combat is better, the controls are more responsive and executing combos is a lot more user friendly, the weapon selection and combinations you can have are more fun to experiment with, the boss fights are great, the music is outstanding and most importantly, the enemies are not lame punching bags like they are in DMC3. DMC3 enemies barely even try to kill you, except bosses, and I don't think the boss fights were that great except for a few. Sure there are a few enemies which are basically free hits in Bayonetta, like the flying heads, but I seriously can not remember a single non boss in DMC3 that bothered me. Where in DMC1 I have no problem recalling those shadow cats and they shoot their spikes everywhere and were very aggressive enemies.

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By phantomzxro

Yes i think bayonetta improve everything that DMC3 did but i look at it as bayonetta is what DMC4 Should have been. But capcom made some poor choices and it did not turn out as well as it should have.
    phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By phantomzxro
    @Stretch5920 said:
    "I think Bayonetta is the better game. The combat is better, the controls are more responsive and executing combos is a lot more user friendly, the weapon selection and combinations you can have are more fun to experiment with, the boss fights are great, the music is outstanding and most importantly, the enemies are not lame punching bags like they are in DMC3. DMC3 enemies barely even try to kill you, except bosses, and I don't think the boss fights were that great except for a few. Sure there are a few enemies which are basically free hits in Bayonetta, like the flying heads, but I seriously can not remember a single non boss in DMC3 that bothered me. Where in DMC1 I have no problem recalling those shadow cats and they shoot their spikes everywhere and were very aggressive enemies. "

Man what are you talking about you must have played i different DMC game because i don't think anyone would say dmc3 is a cake walk. But hey every one has there opinions but i think DMC3 was closer to the first DMC then any other game out there.
    rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#64  Edited By rjayb89

I continue to refrain from voting.

uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By uniform

I have a sneaking suspicion a majority of the DMC 3 votes are really just voting Dante over Bayonetta. I could not believe all the bitching I read online over the character Bayonetta. There's a damn lot of Dante fans out there, many of whom were quite upset Bayonetta wasn't another DMC game, and they made that known by knocking Bayonetta in every forum I read involving the game.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#66  Edited By JJWeatherman

Bayonetta is awesome. Yet I have never been a fan of DMC games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.