Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 20, 2009

The second main installment of the BlazBlue series of fighting games, continuing Ragna's tale of manipulated time while revamping some of the original game's gameplay systems.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Japanese Release Date

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

No Caption Provided

BlazBlue :Continuum Shift has received a console release date in Japan at this years Blue Fes event.  While on stage, the games producer Toshimichi Mori and sound producer Daisuke Ishiwatari mentioned some of the features of the home version, including new characters, stages and modes.  As mentioned a couple of weeks back, the home version makes the arcade version's u-12 character playable and also adds, among other modes, a tutorial mode for beginners. The game also has double the animated sequences over the original. A challenge mode which is said to target mid to high level players, has over 300 challenges. The original's story mode is back for the sequel, now featuring over 28 stories.

A limited edition was also announced at the event. This will come bundled with such items as a visual book and a Noel Nendroid figure. Pricing for the bundle is set at ¥9,660. 

The game will be released in Japan on July 1st on both PS3 and 360.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

Awesome!  So hopefully a Fall release date for us Americans.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Linkyshinks

I think a Winter release in the West more likely.  As always, PS3 owners can put there import orders in now.

Term

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Term
    @Linkyshinks: The last one came out in NA within a week of the Japanese release. I think it would be kind of weird for it to be delayed that much.
    animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By animateria

Did they add an option to make the characters shut the hell up?

I was totally looking forward to that.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Term said: 

@Linkyshinks: The last one came out in NA within a week of the Japanese release. I think it would be kind of weird for it to be delayed that much. "

I think there will be a lot more translation work to be done with this one, I also think they'll wish to do all the translation work, so this time they can release in both the US and Europe closer together.     
    Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Nasar7

Who wants a Noel figurine? Much rather have an Arakune/Hakumen one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.