Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Blizzard Entertainment

Company »

Blizzard Entertainment Inc. (formerly named Silicon & Synapse) is an American video game developer and publisher currently based in Irvine, CA. As of July 10, 2008 they are a division of Activision Blizzard.

Blizzard Talks Next MMO Project "Titan"

• 104 results
    Regal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Regal
    @MaddProdigy said:

" Since it is literally impossible to produce an MMO that does not compete with World of Warcraft, either the two would have to be integrated in some way, or they are releasing it after they are done releasing WOW expansion packs.  WOW xpacks will be done around 2014, after two more. So I'm calling it now; 2012 Diablo release, 2014 or 2015 Titan release after a whole 2013 worth of teasing.  In addition, this article is pointless no offense. A company executive saying "Our game will be good!" is not "new" or "interesting". It's blizzard. There should be absolutely no doubt in anyone's mind that it will be a fantastic game, unless you're taste in games is, you know, bad. Future stories should involve new information... "

They aren't really pretending they won't be competing with WoW though, only reassuring dedicated player that they won't actually pull the plug as soon as the new thing is out.  

They just released videos with a bunch of interviews and the co-founder Allen Adham actually addresses this right at the end of the video.

Allen Adrah

"I know that there's other things in the works and I think that that's excellent. I think that that team should go straight at World of Warcraft. Trying to take every customer that World of Warcraft had. For if we don't somebody else will."

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/b20/videos.html#blizzard-retrospective    

i.e while they won't pull the plug - they will try to destroy WoW with their new thing as fast as possible so people will get their new game and so they can stop paying for servers and support and other legacy costs. 
    MaddProdigy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By MaddProdigy
    @Regal: Oh, good points! I didn't actually mean they would pull the plug on the game, just stop supporting it except for servers and the other legacy costs you mentioned. 

I could have sworn I read somewhere that a Blizzard exec. said the words "it will not compete", but that could be the case as well, I'll need to find the article.

If that is what they're planning though, it would be a very, very tough situation to handle. Once they release titan, unless WOW is officially "done", they will lose a LOT of loyal subscribers/Blizzard fans based on a lack of support for the old game. Even if they keep up server support, etc., WOW customers will come out of the woodwork saying that Blizzard "doesn't care anymore" and they won't pay for Titan as a result.  

Or they may just be drawn into the new game so fast they won't care I guess.

Thanks for the link.
    Tarakun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Tarakun

@MaddProdigy said:
     So I'm calling it now;   
     Q4 2011 Diablo release   
     Q1 or Q2 2012 WOW Expansion #4   
     Q1 or Q2 2013 WOW Expansion #5   
     Q4 2013 maybe TITAN....probably Q1 2014 though    

I disagree with your timescale. Blizzard has been on a very clear "New Xpac every 2 years" pattern as of yet, and I see no reason why they would change that.  

Personally, I don't think Diablo is coming out this year. I'd love to see it at holiday 2011, but I don't believe it's happening.  

2012 WoW Expansion #4 makes sense, it's 2 years after Cataclysm. Brings levels up to 90. 

2014  WoW Expansion #5 Another 2 years, another Xpac. Brings it to a nice round level 100. 

Keep in mind, World of Warcraft was announced in 2001 (according to Wikipedia) and it was over 3 years before it was finally released. Here we are in 2011, and all we have is a codename, we don't even have an official announcement. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see Titan until 2015 or later, we're talking about Blizzard here. They will test the hell out of this game and that will push back the release. Consider how much WoW changed throughout its development. They won't put that game out until it is absolutely perfect. 
    Radar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#54  Edited By Radar
    @Tarakun: I'm betting the next expansions will continue the 5-level cap increase
    TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#55  Edited By TomA

So they officially announce it and show it off at this years Blizzcon, then we see the game in holiday of 2014, that's my educated guess. However, I won't be playing it because i think Blizzard games are among the most overated in the industry, not to mention Blizzard being completely full of themselves.

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Aus_azn

I'm interested to see what it'll bring. It seems most conducive to World of Starcraft, but I doubt they'll do that...

MisterMouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By MisterMouse

I am thinking 2014 release...

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By gamefreak9
    @TripMasterMunky:  
    Would they really say any different? Well its totally different from the hype they give other games... and i think the real question is:  
    WOULD ANYONE who played their games over the last 12 years say any different? Blizzard has the best track record in the world, and them making a comment like that is a big deal, they never anticipated anything else would catch wow. 
    Lotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Lotus

Make WoW free-to-play, then you can release a new MMO.

Davvyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 19

#60  Edited By Davvyk

Chocolate bar mmo

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By penguindust

Well that was a whole lot of nuthin'!   Thanks Blizzard, see you in 10 years when you finally get around to releasing this mythical game to end all games.

noremnants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By noremnants

Duders it's not World of StarCraft. They have already confirmed that it is not set in any of their existing universes.

ectoplasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#63  Edited By ectoplasma

Could it really be...one game to rule them all?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#64  Edited By jakob187

Sooooo...we're posting stories of companies masturbating to their own awesomeness while offering absolutely no information about what they are ACTUALLY talking about? 

AWESOME!

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By MordeaniisChaos
    @Regal said:
    " @MaddProdigysaid:

" Since it is literally impossible to produce an MMO that does not compete with World of Warcraft, either the two would have to be integrated in some way, or they are releasing it after they are done releasing WOW expansion packs.  WOW xpacks will be done around 2014, after two more. So I'm calling it now; 2012 Diablo release, 2014 or 2015 Titan release after a whole 2013 worth of teasing.  In addition, this article is pointless no offense. A company executive saying "Our game will be good!" is not "new" or "interesting". It's blizzard. There should be absolutely no doubt in anyone's mind that it will be a fantastic game, unless you're taste in games is, you know, bad. Future stories should involve new information... "

They aren't really pretending they won't be competing with WoW though, only reassuring dedicated player that they won't actually pull the plug as soon as the new thing is out.  

They just released videos with a bunch of interviews and the co-founder Allen Adham actually addresses this right at the end of the video.

Allen Adrah

"I know that there's other things in the works and I think that that's excellent. I think that that team should go straight at World of Warcraft. Trying to take every customer that World of Warcraft had. For if we don't somebody else will."

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/b20/videos.html#blizzard-retrospective     i.e while they won't pull the plug - they will try to destroy WoW with their new thing as fast as possible so people will get their new game and so they can stop paying for servers and support and other legacy costs.  "
    You clearly have no idea the amount of fucking cash that just avalanches down from the summit of WoW mountain. That game probably brings in enough to support itself and another MMO all on it's own. In fact, I bet you'll be able to just subscribe to Blizzard it's self for like $20 and have access to both games, or subscribe to either one. I doubt WoW will even flinch at this new game, unless Titan is WoW 2, it's not going to 
    @Tarakun said:

"

@MaddProdigy

said:
     So I'm calling it now;   
     Q4 2011 Diablo release   
     Q1 or Q2 2012 WOW Expansion #4   
     Q1 or Q2 2013 WOW Expansion #5   
     Q4 2013 maybe TITAN....probably Q1 2014 though    

I disagree with your timescale. Blizzard has been on a very clear "New Xpac every 2 years" pattern as of yet, and I see no reason why they would change that.  

Personally, I don't think Diablo is coming out this year. I'd love to see it at holiday 2011, but I don't believe it's happening.  

2012 WoW Expansion #4 makes sense, it's 2 years after Cataclysm. Brings levels up to 90. 

2014  WoW Expansion #5 Another 2 years, another Xpac. Brings it to a nice round level 100. 

Keep in mind, World of Warcraft was announced in 2001 (according to Wikipedia) and it was over 3 years before it was finally released. Here we are in 2011, and all we have is a codename, we don't even have an official announcement. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see Titan until 2015 or later, we're talking about Blizzard here. They will test the hell out of this game and that will push back the release. Consider how much WoW changed throughout its development. They won't put that game out until it is absolutely perfect.  "
    I agree. I think it will be quite some time before we see this game. I absolutely cannot see this even close to coming out in 2014. Late 2015 would be my earliest guess. Blizzard is working on a SHIT TON of projects right now. Potentially working on an expansion, certainly working on rolling out content for Cataclysm, working on Diablo 3, working on another Starcraft 2 Campaign, and this new title. That's a lot of very big projects.
    gahathat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By gahathat

If it's shiny and has a [blizzard] logo on it, I'll buy it. 

frostburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By frostburn

Big words but I know Blizzard can back them up.  I will play this "Titan" MMO when it comes out for sure.  Looking forward to hearing more about it.

Majkiboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#69  Edited By Majkiboy

I blame Kotick for every new failure

McDunkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By McDunkin

It's a facebook game.

notha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By notha
    @Krenor: be careful, they're in cahoots with activison. i dont think any of us want little bobby knowing our bank acct numbers
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#72  Edited By Hailinel

Well, so long as Activision's executive tendrils don't get involved, I think it'll turn out okay.  However, if they do, I'm predicting a release disaster more spectacular than the launch of Final Fantasy XIV.

snaptroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By snaptroll

If it's anything like WoW I'll pass. Then again, if it's like most MMO in general, I'll pass.

1337W422102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#74  Edited By 1337W422102

Not nearly enough information to get me interested just yet.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By RsistncE

Those "nuggets" - probably shit nuggets, since it is an MMO and it is Blizzard.

detectivepbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By detectivepbert

I'm into sci-fi and MMOs but not shooters.  Fingers crossed. . .

GozerTC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#77  Edited By GozerTC

*Shrugs*  

I'll care when there is something to care about.  I'm more interested in DUST, Planetside NEXT, Guildwars 2, and TERRA.   

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#78  Edited By sins_of_mosin

As long as its not a fantasy MMO.

Lestater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Lestater
    @kyrieee: They've already said that the main focus of Titan is PVP and social features and that it will be less dependent on gear and more dependent on skill.  Do you know anything?
    Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#80  Edited By Arbie

Although absolutely nothing is revealed here (sneaky Blizz is sneaky) I'm still pretty hyped for this mystery MMO. Whether or not I'll remain that way once more information is out only time will tell! But, well, damnit I'm going to break into some offices I want to know what this is!

@ectoplasma said:

" Could it really be...one game to rule them all? "
    lol!

@McDunkin said:
    " It's a facebook game. "

There will be blood!
    Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#81  Edited By Kyle

I'm practically frothing at the mouth to know what this game is going to be.

mewarmo990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By mewarmo990
    @RsistncE said:
    " Those "nuggets" - probably shit nuggets, since it is an MMO and it is Blizzard. "
    But they're rolling in gold nuggets already!
    Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Hourai

Can't wait for 2016!

farfel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By farfel

There's a nice list of info about Titan  here . 

Based on this it looks like it will not be related to any existing Blizzard franchise but something totally new and since they seem to be spending a TON of money creating this thing I bet they will be trying to make it more accessible to a larger audience so anyone looking for something more hardcore...don't get your hopes up.
    glynnage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By glynnage

Warcraft 4 was leaked from blizzard with a file connecting it to project titan this and the plans to stop content for wow by 2014 it appears project titan is basically wow 2 with better graphics and more content the file also stated it was keeping 8 bosses from wow the only 1 appearing on the file was the lich king i guess he fits into the story-line somehow

Adaurin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Adaurin

@glynnage said:

Warcraft 4 was leaked from blizzard with a file connecting it to project titan this and the plans to stop content for wow by 2014 it appears project titan is basically wow 2 with better graphics and more content the file also stated it was keeping 8 bosses from wow the only 1 appearing on the file was the lich king i guess he fits into the story-line somehow

Source?

Insectecutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Insectecutor

Oh look it's Brad Nicholson.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By PeasantAbuse

I forgot about Brad Nicholson.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Pinworm45

So it's been years and the latest update is "its still going to be cool"?

man, I totally just don't give a fuck about blizzard anymore.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Bocam

@PeasantAbuse said:

I think everyone did.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By ajamafalous

Oh man, Brad Nicholson.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Wonder what Brad Nicholson's up to now.

Regal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Regal

@Pinworm45 said:

Because they take their sweet time with their games? That is the one reason why one ought to keep tabs on what they do put out.

At this point, if they started contracting their development cycles down to the industry standard, that would mark the end of Blizzard as we have known it. It is only as long as they are so profitable that they get to take time, and I'm guessing Activision is pressuring them to hurry up as we speak. Releasing Diablo without the PVP component already finished could be a bad sign, I would feel better if they had delayed it another year or so instead.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#94  Edited By Gabriel

@FluxWaveZ said:

Wonder what Brad Nicholson's up to now.

Going to the gym 4x a day.

Codeacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Codeacious

Oh jeez, what a blast from the past to see that avatar. If you count past as 1 year, that is.

Looks like he's still actively playing Xbox games, judging by the cheevo unlocks on his profile page.

Pop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Pop

@ajamafalous said:

Oh man, Brad Nicholson.

he works for some site that focuses on mobile games or something like that. Jeff answered it in a jar time video.

Also someone should lock this thread.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Pinworm45

@Regal said:

@Pinworm45 said:

Because they take their sweet time with their games? That is the one reason why one ought to keep tabs on what they do put out.

At this point, if they started contracting their development cycles down to the industry standard, that would mark the end of Blizzard as we have known it. It is only as long as they are so profitable that they get to take time, and I'm guessing Activision is pressuring them to hurry up as we speak. Releasing Diablo without the PVP component already finished could be a bad sign, I would feel better if they had delayed it another year or so instead.

Taking their sweet time didn't make Diablo any better. They've gone down hill, and I think their games are garbage now. To top that off, they constantly release updates that don't say anything. Blizzard is like a broken down hooker, one time she was hot and worth the money, now she's infested, disgusting, dying, wrinkly, and normally I could ignore her as I drive down the street, but instead she runs around talking about how good she is, and that's why she charges higher prices than anyone else.

They're arrogant and at one point they were allowed, not any more. Their self masturbation is just obnoxious to me now.

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By SirPsychoSexy

Where is a link to this update?

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#99  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@Bocam said:

@PeasantAbuse said:

I think everyone did.

haha I totally did wow

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By ajamafalous
    @Pop said:

@ajamafalous said:

Oh man, Brad Nicholson.

he works for some site that focuses on mobile games or something like that. Jeff answered it in a jar time video.

Also someone should lock this thread.

1) Yes, I know. I still follow him on twitter. 
    2) This isn't a thread, it's a news article. There's no reason for it to be locked.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.