Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodborne

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An action role playing game by FromSoftware, marking the studio's debut on the PlayStation 4. It shares creative roots, as well as gameplay elements, with the Souls series.

Bloodstain Glitch?

Strangestories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Strangestories

(Sorry if this has been brought up elsewhere, couldn't find anything).

So I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I'm on my third character and I've only died once so far. I got knocked off a ledge in the Healing Church Workshop by the wheelchair guy with a rifle. I went back to get my blood echoes (about 15,000) but there was no bloodstain and no enemies had absorbed them. Knowing that bloodstains disappearing isn't uncommon, I ignored it and moved on.

Fast forward like 5 or 6 hours of playtime later (a couple days later in real time) and I had reached the Lecture Hall area right after the One Reborn. Just a reminder that I hadn't died again beyond being knocked off the ledge at the workshop.

So I get to the bottom floor, light the lamp there, walk back outside to the main hall and notice a bloodstain right in the middle of it. Confused, I go pick it up and get the "Blood Echoes Regained" message or whatever and get about 15,000 blood echoes.

...What?

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
    ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Weird. I've heard of bloodstains going away upon exiting the game, but I haven't heard of them going away and coming back way later. I had a bloodstain disappear randomly on me without exiting, but it never came back. Sounds like you experienced a very strange bug, indeed.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Whenever I've quit by game before regaining my bloodstain or had it disappears, I have almost all the time found it in the lecture hall at the first lamp. I don't know how and I don't know why. In some cases in pretty sure I actually have 2 bloodstains in the world. Not sure if that's working as intended or some kind of bug

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

Whenever I've quit by game before regaining my bloodstain or had it disappears, I have almost all the time found it in the lecture hall at the first lamp. I don't know how and I don't know why. In some cases in pretty sure I actually have 2 bloodstains in the world. Not sure if that's working as intended or some kind of bug

Lecture Hall in Nightmare of Mensis?

It's hilarious how this probable glitch is making me think: this is something lore intended.

Strangestories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sackmanjones: Nice to know someone else has seen this! I wish I knew how this worked. Now that I know disappearing bloodstains seem to go there I'll just warp there if it happens again.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

@zevvion: that's the one! But yeah,no think I've read that some people believe it's patches behind one of those doors bringing your bloodstain there. Actually if you die in a tough place, you can quit the game and restated and head to the lecture all and your bloodstain will be there waiting. It's kind of a nice trick for some of the later, more nasty levels

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheBlue

The lecture hall is super weird with echoes. I had this happen and I'm pretty sure I had already collected a bloodstain and hadn't died in hours. I wonder how long it stays. I've also had over 4000 echoes pop randomly in a certain spot back during the first week of the game's release. This might of been a patched bug since it hasn't happened since.

Somehow this seems intentional. Damn Patches.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

That has happened to me at least twice. Always in the hall as soon as you leave the lamp. I want it to be some weird lore thing now lol.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.