Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodborne

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An action role playing game by FromSoftware, marking the studio's debut on the PlayStation 4. It shares creative roots, as well as gameplay elements, with the Souls series.

Do you even fast poison bro?

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pyrodactyl

A particular weapon, the katana , has a starting fast poison stat of 30. By staking multiple fast poison gems on top you might realistically expect to be able to bring it to 60 or so. How useful is that? I've only encountered a few enemies that tried to inflict fast poison on me in the entire game and the bar did not ever go near full. Is it good in PvP against people who tend to heal all the time? Does 60 represent the the value added to the bar when you hit every attack and is the length of the bar your fast poison resistance? Does that mean you inflict fast poison in 3 hits against a resistance of 140?

How about PvE? Is it good to have in NG+?

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone?

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

I haven't encountered the Chikage on my first playthrough. Looking forward to trying it now. However, the thing with that weapon appears to be that it has S scaling in Bloodtinge when two handing it. I haven't seen anything about poison.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pyrodactyl

@zevvion said:

I haven't encountered the Chikage on my first playthrough. Looking forward to trying it now. However, the thing with that weapon appears to be that it has S scaling in Bloodtinge when two handing it. I haven't seen anything about poison.

It has 30 fast poison. I looked it up in the game. Seems like the S scaling and the poison could be a fun risk reward combo in PvP. Someone needs to test if the poison only applies when it's transformed though. I can't use it on my arcane str character.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I can't speak for PvP but I do know that there are bosses that can be poisoned. Mergo's Wet Nurse is one of them.

Crembaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't speak for PvP but I do know that there are bosses that can be poisoned. Mergo's Wet Nurse is one of them.

That one is also easy and predictable enough that you could get in enough strikes for Fast Poison, wait it out, then do it again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.