Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodborne

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An action role playing game by FromSoftware, marking the studio's debut on the PlayStation 4. It shares creative roots, as well as gameplay elements, with the Souls series.

How close is this to dark souls?

bcooper21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have a ps4 and im wondering is this another game i should skip if i did not enjoy or could not finish demon souls or dark souls. Im more of player who likes single player story focused games is this going be similar to them i assume so.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#2  Edited By sammo21

This game comes from the man who really made Dark Souls and Demons Souls what they were/are. He didn't really do much (but consult maybe?) on Dark Souls 2, and I think you can really tell.

This will be a "Souls game" at its core, but don't expect a 1:1 comparison between Bloodborne. I would venture to say if you like "Souls games" then you will enjoy Bloodborne. I know I more than likely will. If you didn't care for the games then I would say you will probably be in the same boat.

bcooper21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By bcooper21

@sammo21 said:

This game comes from the man who really made Dark Souls and Demons Souls what they were/are. He didn't really do much (but consult maybe?) on Dark Souls 2, and I think you can really tell.

This will be a "Souls game" at its core, but don't expect a 1:1 comparison between Bloodborne. I would venture to say if you like "Souls games" then you will enjoy Bloodborne. I know I more than likely will. If you didn't care for the games then I would say you will probably be in the same boat.

Ok thanks i think ill skip it personally im not someone who plays game for a challenge at all its actually my least fav part. Story, Characters, Atmosphere. I dont really enjoy challenging games all that much i actually sometimes prefer to play games on easy if im replaying them just for the story like a few rpg's.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

@bcooper21: Now, there is plenty of story in the Souls games, but most of it is only as known as you want it to be. I have no idea how this will be handled in Bloodborne, but I don't expect it to be any different.

bcooper21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sammo21 said:

@bcooper21: Now, there is plenty of story in the Souls games, but most of it is only as known as you want it to be. I have no idea how this will be handled in Bloodborne, but I don't expect it to be any different.

I only played demon souls i got to lvl 30 then stopped i cant say anything about other games but story was very minor at least for start and its not main part of the game you really have to look for it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.