Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodborne

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An action role playing game by FromSoftware, marking the studio's debut on the PlayStation 4. It shares creative roots, as well as gameplay elements, with the Souls series.

Tips for beating Father Gascoigne?

Avatar image for poprocksandsoda
    poprocksandsoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By poprocksandsoda

Mild SPOILERS below for anyone who isn't far into Bloodborne.

I'm getting beat down horribly by Father Gascoigne. I'm playing a skill build at level 17. I have no problems when he's in human form as I can just run around a group of tombstones to get enough time to use a blood vial. When he wolfs out my stick-and-move tactics don't work very well. FAQs say to just spam him with molitov cocktails but he's too fast and takes me out with his two hit combo.

Is my character just too low level for him? Any other tips on how to kill him?

Thanks in advance.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Use the parry, the window is large and you'll do significant damage on riposte. Also the music box is another thing people use but it only works once in wolf form.

TheFlamingo352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's been quite a while (Also played with starting axe in mind) , but I succeeded more when relying on aggressive positioning- Gascoigne is wicked fast, more so in beast form, and can easily punish ranged builds and habitual "retreaters" that constantly move away from enemies. If you're gonna use ranged attacks or just be generally backing away from him, make sure to know the layout of tombstones well; otherwise, see if dodging into and around him to exploit the AI isn't more effective?

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tiny Music Box from the Girl in the Window stuns him -- couple of uses.

Molotovs and fire helps, especially in beast form.

Environment is good for separation.

Dodging towards the enemy to get to the side or behind usually helps most of the bosses.

It's a fight for you to practice parry, since it's helpful for the rest of the game.

It took me one try to beat him, but it took me a lot of tries for other bosses. Half of it is easy breaks; half of it is being in the zone. You'll get it. Every boss I had trouble with -- including DLC (especially the final DLC boss) -- eventually went down. Sometimes it takes a few. Sometimes it will take 20. Keep at it. You'll get it. Like I said, it's a fight to help test your skill and be better at it.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Parry and music box the fucker

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.