Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodborne

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An action role playing game by FromSoftware, marking the studio's debut on the PlayStation 4. It shares creative roots, as well as gameplay elements, with the Souls series.

When do invasions start?

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have not been invaded at all after 20 hours.

Is there something you have to do to start them or something?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Ring a sinister bell or a help me bell in certain areas, alternatively go to an area where a sinister bell lady already is. If you only want to be invaded then just ring the helper bell. I think it's possible to trigger the spawn of the bell lady and then abort your own calling of others so that you can still get invaded, not positive though. Generally speaking in the later areas of the game just ring a sinister bell at the start of the area if you want to PvP, you'll get invasions and duels and whatever else as well as being free to explore the area as a red phantom. If you want to optimize an invading character probably get up to around level 40 and then just invade the forbidden woods, there's no better area in the series for it.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@fredchuckdave: I went through the Forbidden Woods ringing that damn Sinister Bell all day and nothing. Invasions are even worse than in DSII here.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Humanity

When I was helping people defeat the blood starved beast I saw a notification of invasion at least 3 times within an hour if we waited around for a third person. I never saw the invading person though so not sure where they spawned in the area, we were always right at the fog gate when I got the sinister bell text.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion: Personally I've done 35 invasions across like 6 or 7 different areas. Being a vileblood might make the matchmaking window wider.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By AuthenticM

You cannot get invaded unless you are in coop.

Yeah, it sucks. I have no idea why they changed this feature.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@krullban: Invasions only can occur if the sinister bell-ringing woman appears. You'll get a message in certain areas saying that she has appeared and until you kill her you are open to be invaded. You can also force her to appear by using the resonant bells to summon or be summoned. I entered the Nightmare Frontier which is one of the few places she appears on her own and I was invaded almost instantly.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@zevvion: Personally I've done 35 invasions across like 6 or 7 different areas. Being a vileblood might make the matchmaking window wider.

That's an Oath I'm assuming? The thing is, I don't necesserily want to invade people, I just want to get invaded myself. I don't ever want to be safe, I loved that the online in DS and DSII mixed the pace of the game up. I lost 10 hours of progress due to save data corruption, and I'm just blasting through the area's that I'm redoing without any interesting online stuff happening. I don't dig it.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By jiggajoe14

So I went to the nightmare frontier and assume I got invaded. The 2 hunters that attacked me dropped blood dregs for my covenant. I then killed the maiden and then rang the sinister bell to invade others. I wonder does killing her prevent me from invading others? I spent several minutes waiting with no luck.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.