Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodborne

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An action role playing game by FromSoftware, marking the studio's debut on the PlayStation 4. It shares creative roots, as well as gameplay elements, with the Souls series.

Yahar'gul the unseen village is making me hate bloodborne!

Darth-Malum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Darth-Malum

I've literally loved this game since I started playing it; until now! This area is just stupidly unfair, and it goes against the fairness of the souls games, it just seems cheap and annoying.

Pantone else care to weigh in?

Sogeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Is it the gank squad? Because other than the bell Maidens being annoying it's not that bad so far (I'm only back to the original gaol lamp)

Darth-Malum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I just got there but I feel like I'm under levelled and I should be somewhere else at level 66 but I've literally done everything else, but making you fight 3 hunters at once is just stupid! There and no tactics you can employ there to make that fight fair.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Humanity

@darth-malum: You might not be actually underleveled. All the enemies receive a buff from the bell maidens. When you kill the maiden they lose the buff and are way easier to kill and hit for a lot less.

Also another fun trick is once you kill a maiden and the enemies go into that momentary stunned state, shooting them with a pistol will instantly knock them down for a visceral attack.

The trick is to find the maidens and kill them first. Once you learn their locations it all gets a lot easier and you'll probably wonder how you were having such a hard time in the first place.

MeMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@darth-malum: You don't have to fight the 3 hunters, you can run pass them. Also if you do it right you can kite them and fight them 1 at a time.

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By bushpusherr

For the three hunters, just aggro them and then immediately run back to the lantern underneath the laser-shooting monster.. Typically, only 2 of them will actually follow you all the way back there, and only one at a time will actually enter the room with the lantern in it. Pick em off one at a time.

Darth-Malum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks, I feel like running past enemies though is pointless, because you need the echoes to progress, you could run past every enemy in the game really, you'd just be screwed for bosses.

Aquablak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Aquablak

@memonk said:

@darth-malum: if you do it right you can kite them and fight them 1 at a time.

I'm a bit stuck on these guys, too, but as MeMonk says, kiting them seems to be the best way to handle them. The most success I had was when I ran to one end of the room, and invariably one of the hunters would catch up first (usually the hunter with the whip), and I'd hit him a few times until the others showed up. Then I ran to the other end of the room and did the same thing again. I made the mistake of running outside and getting killed by a different enemy, but I'm pretty confident that kiting will work. You don't have to kill them all at one time, remember; kill one and he won't come back, making future attempts far easier.

You can do it, dude. I'm going to give it another go this evening, most likely. Good luck!

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Those three hunters are definitely a pain but do as everyone says and kite them back. I personally found going to the square courtyard right before the three hunters' room is usually where they'll come at me 1v1. If not then just keep spamming your pistol shots until you parry them then visceral attack them. It's a tough fight and I personally don't think the reward is worth it. Especially accounting for what's eventually past that staircase the whip hunter was on.

Sogeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Sogeman

Remember where you woke up when you first got to Yaharghul? Just shoot the guy standing in the middle of the chapel to attract them and run down there. there's a cell which you can close from the inside. They can't open the door. They can still murder you horribly because of their reach if you get too close and one uses the tiny tonitrus but you can use your attack with the most reach and wittle them down from inside the cell.

I really don't feel bad cheesing Hunters when they're ganking you. If they had stamina and limited QS bullets, maybe but not like that.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I loved it, felt nice and oppressive. The hunter battles stretched through the whole level for me, which was exhilirating. And it also felt cool to explore an area that was initially terrifying when I got captured earlier.

Good luck, I suppose.

bjacks27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hated this area at first too but you have to get out of your mind that you should fight enemies in the order that you see them. If you can hear a bell ringer you absolutely have to find them first and murder them and then go back and murder all the rest if you are the kind of person that needs to complete everything.

They are trying to play with your sensibilities for how a souls game should be played. Trying not to spoil but later areas are WAAAAAY more annoying if you don't adjust your mind set

LaudaSolem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just arrived at this location myself, and after getting whacked a few times by the hunters, I decided to do some dungeon romping. I believe that if I avoid my problems, they will solve themselves. When I return to the village, the hunters should be gone.

Darth-Malum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I get what they're trying to do but it just makes the game cheap and annoying, it was fun to play, and now it's not! I just spent the last 3 hours levelling to go back here and it's still ridiculous.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just aggro them and run back to the last lantern you were at. Only one will follow you all the way.

DASH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People have given some good strategies for cheesing them, but if i remember correctly if you kill one, it won't come back. You can focus your attacks on one of them, and just try to finish them off. You can sneak up and charge attack\visceral to start the fight with a head start.

Its a tough area, and this was the point where i was feeling the most fatigue, but once you get past that part the rest of the game is in reach.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Everything following Yahar'gul is super rough as well. Once you figure these segments out they don't seem as bad in retrospect, but on your first time through, all of the late game locations are the most trying in the entire game.

Fucking stupid frenzy brains.

Good luck. If you can soldier through, the final boss battle is pretty fantastic. You're really close to the end.

dprotp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you're going to fight the hunters, do as some other people have said and kite them. I was able to do this so I could fight them one at a time, and then I just ran through the rest of the area after a bit of exploration because of the sheer amount of mini monstrosities on that main street.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The village which I first encountered after getting bagnapped I loved, because just the background music alone (with quality headphones) was enough to make me damn near shit myself in in fear and horror.

Darth-Malum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I beat the hunters I led them back to the lantern room but just kept charge hitting them through the brick wall; I also went and beat the one reborn on my first try.... So I was under levelled for 3 stupid hunters and over levelled for the massive boss.... This game makes no sense.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
    ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By ShadowConqueror

I thought it was one of the better areas of the game. Opinions.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Karkarov

Yeah people are over complicating the three hunters. Come into the room normally but walk slowly. Go down the stairs on the left side of the platform but come back up the right. There is the tonitrus dude with his back to you. Power attack, visceral, gun parry when he gets up, visceral, hit him once or twice and he is dead. Do it right and he is basically down before his buddies even show up. You can then just rope a dope them around the stairs and wear them down.

Also as an aside.... they are totally skippable. You really don't "have" to kill them. They don't drop any loot worth talking about, the exp is not all that great either, and you can get through any part of the room other than the far entrance at the front of the building without aggroing any of them if you walk slow and take the right path.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Giant_Gamer

Yeah, this is the cheapest area in the whole series. The reason isn't the three hunters but the third bell maiden past the first lantern. In that area you have a mob, a laser shooting amygdala and a well hidden maiden.

It's seems like FS were trying too hard with this one.

I think the easiest and safest strategy for the three hunters is to sneak behind the hunter in the spiral staircase visceral attack and then keep attacking him until he dies then use bold hunter mark. Then go back to the short hunter in the middle visceral attack then keep attack him until he dies. After that its up to you if you want you can continue fighting the remaining one or else use the bold hunter mark.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Eh idk, I just ran past most of the enemies with ease. It's tough until you understand the layout.

BluPotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hit those three hunters and kinda said fuck it and havn't played since, I do want to go back, but they broke my will.

advocatefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had the doors on either side of the lantern open from being there before beating Rom so I never encountered the three hunters. There's also a warp thats skips the level and get you to the Reborn One boss battle almost immediately, anything else I ran past. I suggest you run out of the chapel and make an immediate U-turn to your left to get the door left of the lantern open.

But yes hunters in that game are super cheap, I couldn't imagine taking on 3 at once.

triplestan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By triplestan

The pro strat for that area is really just to sprint past everyone until you get to the bell ladies, and then pick them off when they aren't buffed anymore. Do that and it should be pretty manageable. I got pretty lucky with the hunters, as I ran out onto the street and into the alley that you can open up the shortcut door from - only one of them followed me, so I picked him off in there. Fighting the other two was actually surprisingly easy when I didn't have to deal with the third.

So maybe try that I guess? It was kind of a fluke to be honest.

Now Nightmare of Mensis? That spot is some hot bullshit.

dprotp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now Nightmare of Mensis? That spot is some hot bullshit.

Use your sedatives, or stay loaded up on HP so you can take one frenzy proc!

And run straight through.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Giant_Gamer

@dprotp: Nightmare of mensis is challenging but it must be a ton more difficult for impatient players. What is worse is facing them frenzy brains in poisonous pools.

spitz1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the 3 hunters don't respawn when you die, you can walk up to the half naked guy with his back turned to you in the middle, without aggroing the other 2, do a visceral attack, he should die in a few hits after that.

r3beld0gg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By r3beld0gg

So, for the Unseen Villiage, make sure you are just running for the bell maidens before spending too much time on the regular enemies. There is only one maiden I can think of that is hard to find. Before the amygdala with the lasers, there is a section in the fence where you drop down. It puts you above the area where there is a chest behind a locked cell door, you drop into the cell. The maiden is in that room along with a summoned brick troll who will hit you as you walk through the door from where you dropped down.

The rest of the maidens aren't hard to find if you're looking for them. Prioritize them.

As for the hunters, this may come down to your level and build. I didn't have too much trouble with them. Come down the steps from the broken lamp and then go down the left (I think) steps. You'll come up behind one of the hunters. Backstab and lay into him. Buff your weapon if you can (fire or bolt paper). I was able to kill him without the other hunters responding. Then, you can backstab the hunter in the middle of the main room and kite him back. Doing this, you should fight them all one on one.

You can kite the hunters back out to the lantern you spawn from and fight them more easily from there. Also, you can just run down then up the steps and keep going in circles taking shots here and there until they're dead. Lastly, I saw a video on YouTube where a guy kites them down the stairs to where the cells are, locks the cell door behind him, then hits them through the bars.

The only part of the game that I really disliked was the Nightmare Frontier. Seriously. Fuck that place. I never even went back for collectibles after killing the area boss.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.