Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

Jimmy Jenkins

sikapwach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By sikapwach

So I've been going for the Challenge accepted achievement, but the last challenge for me to get is the one where you have to kill Jimmy Jenkins. All the evidence points to just grinding through Opportunity, Thousand Cuts, and Wildlife Exploitation Preserve until he randomly appeared, but I haven't had any luck. Anyone have any additional ideas as to how to get this challenge?

Icemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Icemo

Sorry, I think the only way to find Jimmy Jenkins or chubby or donkey mong is to just roam around places, opening everything you see and hoping that you find them.

I have found Jimmy only once and that happened in Opportunity while opening a Hyperion made crate.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Pinworm45

I'm pretty sure I found him in a room with a bunch of chests, he may have jumped out of a barrel I opened.

Avatar image for deactivated-6510b42705eab
    deactivated-6510b42705eab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

Yeah, I think it's just random. I found him while opening crates in the Wildlife Preserve.

uberexplodey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By uberexplodey

I found Jimmy in Opportunity near the place where you hack the one constructor, I think.

I've seen some people talking how they have come across him in the room before you face off against Bloodwing, apparently you can grind save/quit/reloads in that room till he appears maybe.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By mosespippy

He pops out of boxes so make sure you open every box you see. I've heard that his chances of spawning are greater in Wildlife Preserve if you have the mission Doctor's Orders active. I got him in Thousand Cuts after the first wall but before the second wall. Also, have you gotten the two secret challenges? You need to have level 5 of open wide and splish splash for them to be available.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By HH

i got him on the approach up to bunker.

sikapwach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sikapwach

Dang what are the secret challenges??

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By Dalai

@UberExplodey said:

I found Jimmy in Opportunity near the place where you hack the one constructor, I think.

I've seen some people talking how they have come across him in the room before you face off against Bloodwing, apparently you can grind save/quit/reloads in that room till he appears maybe.

I found Jimmy in that room before Bloodwing and I didn't have to do anything special... no grinding, saving, etc. He just sprung out of a box I opened and was piss easy to beat.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By MariachiMacabre
    @NapTimeSleeper

Yeah, I think it's just random. I found him while opening crates in the Wildlife Preserve.

Same. I actually found him there twice in 10 minutes.
    Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By Dagbiker

I found both jimmy and the chubbys in the wild life preserve when i went through there the first time.

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
    ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

@Icemo said:

Sorry, I think the only way to find Jimmy Jenkins or chubby or donkey mong is to just roam around places, opening everything you see and hoping that you find them.

I have found Jimmy only once and that happened in Opportunity while opening a Hyperion made crate.

Donkey mong is in a set location. You can find a chubby varkid everytime you do the mission in the Caustic Caverns where you have to push that mine cart. Jimmy is random as fuck though.

Icemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Icemo

@ChadMasterFlash said:

@Icemo said:

Donkey mong is in a set location. You can find a chubby varkid everytime you do the mission in the Caustic Caverns where you have to push that mine cart. Jimmy is random as fuck though.

Well, you can't find a chubby varkid every time you do that cart mission since I didn't encounter one while doing it. My chubby spiderant was at Frostburn Canyon and I saw a Donkey Mong at Eridium Blight.

sikapwach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sikapwach

okay well another question...do you have to discover the creature slaughter dome to get the all area achievement?

Icemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Icemo

@sikapwach: No, because it is a pre-order bonus.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Grillbar

this is what i found about the jj challange. and keep in mind this is all just copy paste on my behalf since im to lazy the properly read it though

IMPORTANT FACTS BEFORE YOU START:

• Killing Jimmy Jenkins only completes the challenge for the person that gets the killing blow. This is the same way the Chubby creatures function for the Cute Loot trophy.
    • You can perform this method solo or in a party. It is rumored that he has a higher chance of appearing if you have more people.
    • You can do this on TVHM or Normal.
    • If you have 100% of the challenges completed after killing him, but the Challenge Accepted trophy still doesn't pop, do not panic: this is a known bug. Go complete one more level of any challenge and the trophy will appear. If it doesn't, you missed one so look through the list again and be thorough.
    • This can be performed without using the DLC, but it will A.) take much longer and B.) potentially cause the loaders/midgets to not spawn consistently.

Jimmy Jenkins is a tiny blue Hyperion Loot Loader that is required for the Challenge Accepted trophy. Like all loot midgets he can only appear in preset locations, from specific kinds of chests. For starters, Jimmy Jenkins cannot appear in a Treasure Chest. He can only appear in an ammo crate, cardboard box, or locker in certain Hyperion areas. The current confirmed locations are, in the order you first come across them in the game:

• Wildlife Preservation
    • Opportunity
    • Thousand Cuts (Hyperion Expansion)
    • Hero's Pass

However, rather than have you run around looking in each area I will simply tell you the easiest method of farming him.

There are two requirements for this method to work:

1.) You or the person you are farming with must be on the Doctor's Orders" side mission, given by Tannis in Sanctuary. It becomes available once you reach the "Wildlife Preservation" story mission.

2.) One of you must also have the Creature's Slaughter Dome DLC unlocked.

Once you have met these requirements you can move on to the actual farming.

Step 1

Clear your way to the Creature's Slaughter dome

On your way there make sure you pick up the very first Echo Drive, so you are 1/4 before you get to the dome. Once you reach it immediately enter and exit it. You will now be saved right outside the dome, so when you Save/Quit you will no longer need to run from the entrance.

Step 2

Walk down the hall and turn to your right until you see the door. To the right of it is an open area with a loot chest, an ammo crate, and 4 cardboard boxes. In one of the boxes you will see a shining blue light; it is an Echo Drive. Open the boxes slowly, one at a time, but do not take out the Echo Drive. One of five types of Loot Loaders should come out of the boxes:After fighting the Super Badass Loader you will enter the Specimen Maintenance cell area. The experiments will all be sealed so you do not have to worry about them. If they aren't sealed for some reason then you are too far in the mission and need to find someone that isn't that far.

• Jimmy Jenkins
    • Jet Loader
    • War Loader
    • Angelic Loader
    • Bandit Midget

In a perfect world the first box you open will have none other than good 'ol Jimmy pop out of it. However, he is the rarest loader so he most likely will not show himself quite that easy. He can appear in any of the four boxes, so you have four chances of getting him to appear.

If after all four of the cardboard boxes are opened Jimmy hasn't appeared, open the loot chest, take what you want, then Save/Quit.

Step 3

Repeat Step 2...Indefinitely

Now that you are saved outside of the Slaughter Dome you can Save/Quit then continue from right there. Continue to repeat Step 2 until you and/or everyone you are with that needs it have killed Jimmy Jenkins. When performed correctly in a party of 3 or more you will have a 100% chance of loot loaders appearing in the boxes.

It took me nine tries to get Jimmy Jenkins to appear using this method. It took my friends between 1 and 4 on average. To put this in perspective I had spent a combined 15 hours farming the widely confirmed Opportunity, Hero's Pass, and the Wildlife Preserve locations by myself to get him to appear, with zero luck.

I will add additional locations with videos and images later, so people that are playing through the game can make sure to open the chests when they pass through. I will also record the process described and post it here. If you are having any trouble, suggestions, or questions feel free to post them here.

Lastly, I'd like to give a huuuuuuuge thank you to Sonic-Thrasher and his cousin, for taking so much time to help me test and fine tune the farming method.

Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Twiggy199

@Icemo said:

@sikapwach: No, because it is a pre-order bonus.

pre-order bonus, i pre-ordered and all i got was some gold weapons, character unlock and vault hunters relic.

sikapwach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By sikapwach

@Twiggy199: Gamestop only pre-order bonus

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.