Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Borderlands is a first-person shooter RPG from Gearbox Software that puts players into the shoes of one of four playable characters as they traverse the hostile planet of Pandora in search of a mysterious "Vault," said to contain priceless unknown riches and alien technologies.

Is Mad Moxxi's worth it?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By xyzygy

I'm not a huge fan of Horde Mode type deals and that's all that Mad Moxxi's seems to me. Is there a level cap increase in it? I've always wanted to play the Armory and now Claptrap, but I'm not too sure about Mad Moxxi. I already have Zombie Island which is really fun. I just really want the achievement for it to S-Rank this game again, lol. 

I'm buying the other two DLC because it would be cheaper than getting them all in the GOTY package. But I just need to know if Mad Moxxi's is recommendable to me.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Cincaid

Do you care about achievements? Then yes.
    It's absolutly terrible otherwise, especially if you do it alone.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By MysteriousBob

No. Not at all.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Marcsman
    @MysteriousBob said:
    "No. Not at all. "

Agreed it is horrible.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xyzygy

Well. I guess that about sums it up. No level cap + a horde mode + unanimous NO = Not for me.

DougQuaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By DougQuaid

It is definitely the weakest of all the DLC. 

I couldn't imagine playing it alone.  When I try playing it with a friend of mine we're bored out of skulls and can't even bring ourselves to finish one of the arenas for achievements.

Avatar image for dork_metamorphosis
    Dork_Metamorphosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

No

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By mfpantst

Meh- my future brother in law has the add-on.  He was stuck at what I think is the main part (the big challenge thingy).  i did it for him in like 45 minutes (not sure if that's fast or not) in practically one try.  Not impressive.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Bollard

A friend of mine was playing it with his friend, using modded weapons, and it was still taking around 2-3 hours to complete one arena. Don't do it.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

I havent played it but from what I saw everyone hated it.

Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Renahzor
    @xyzygy said:
    " I'm not a huge fan of Horde Mode type deals and that's all that Mad Moxxi's seems to me. Is there a level cap increase in it? I've always wanted to play the Armory and now Claptrap, but I'm not too sure about Mad Moxxi. I already have Zombie Island which is really fun. I just really want the achievement for it to S-Rank this game again, lol.  I'm buying the other two DLC because it would be cheaper than getting them all in the GOTY package. But I just need to know if Mad Moxxi's is recommendable to me. "
    Its on sale for 400 this weekend, Im gonna go ahead and pick it up for the bank and extra skillpoint, on sale its not a bad deal I suppose.  Keep in mind all 3 of the older DLC are only 400 points each this weekend only.  If you want them now is a great time to grab the ones you dont have.  Knoxx for 400 points is an outstanding deal.
    Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Its fun, definitely, but it will get old very fast and big chance you will never even finish the small versions of the arena's.
    But if you can get friends on it, it's good fun for a bit, just don't buy it if you have other stuff to buy, but if you can spare it, go for it!

Avatar image for dork_metamorphosis
    Dork_Metamorphosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Renahzor said:
    Its on sale for 400 this weekend, Im gonna go ahead and pick it up for the bank and extra skillpoint, on sale its not a bad deal I suppose.  Keep in mind all 3 of the older DLC are only 400 points each this weekend only.  If you want them now is a great time to grab the ones you dont have.  Knoxx for 400 points is an outstanding deal. "
    Knoxx rules.  I also had a great time with Dr. Ned.  Even if there's nothing special in terms of loot or levels, it's funny and pretty entertaining. 
    KingPossum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By KingPossum

The Moxxi DLC might make more sense once they release the level cap update. They'd have to change the rarity percentage of the guns dropped to make it really a viable place to farm guns but I'll reserve judgement until its rebalanced. 

As of right now it's a tedious grind that only has a bank to keep it from being a dud. 

The first few arenas are fun with friends but you end up having the cheese for hours on the big tournaments to grind out the final achievements.  
    Not worth it unless you are a completionist seeing as the bank is generally unneeded and the color scheme for the UI is atrocious.

DukeTogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By DukeTogo

I bought it only when Steam put the DLC packs on sale one day for $3 each.  I figured that was enough to justify having "all" of the game and the bank in case I wanted to use it.  I tried playing one of the matches and it was about as far from the Borderlands experience as the game could be.  At this point they should make it free and give anyone who bought it the Claptrap DLC for free as an apology.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By xyzygy
    @Renahzor said:
    " @xyzygy said:
    " I'm not a huge fan of Horde Mode type deals and that's all that Mad Moxxi's seems to me. Is there a level cap increase in it? I've always wanted to play the Armory and now Claptrap, but I'm not too sure about Mad Moxxi. I already have Zombie Island which is really fun. I just really want the achievement for it to S-Rank this game again, lol.  I'm buying the other two DLC because it would be cheaper than getting them all in the GOTY package. But I just need to know if Mad Moxxi's is recommendable to me. "
    Its on sale for 400 this weekend, Im gonna go ahead and pick it up for the bank and extra skillpoint, on sale its not a bad deal I suppose.  Keep in mind all 3 of the older DLC are only 400 points each this weekend only.  If you want them now is a great time to grab the ones you dont have.  Knoxx for 400 points is an outstanding deal. "
    Is it the deal of the week this week, or is it just a sale they're doing? And this is Oct. 22-24 right?
    Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Arker101
    @CrazyChris said:
    "Do you care about achievements? Then yes. It's absolutly terrible otherwise, especially if you do it alone. "

I was super into Borderlands, but this DLC turned me off of it even when I had friends.  
    Only get it once you've beaten the other 2 and have 4 people to do it with.
    Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Renahzor
    @xyzygy said:
    " @Renahzor said:
    " @xyzygy said:
    Is it the deal of the week this week, or is it just a sale they're doing? And this is Oct. 22-24 right? "
    Just a sale they're doing, was announced on the gearbox forums.  this weekend, i think today through sunday.  :)
    aleryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#19  Edited By aleryn

It's worth it for the Bank.  Up to 42 slots of extra storage.  The gameplay part of it is fine if you don't mind an old fashion Gauntlet Mode.

Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Renahzor
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator  Online

Oh God, no.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.