Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Borderlands is a first-person shooter RPG from Gearbox Software that puts players into the shoes of one of four playable characters as they traverse the hostile planet of Pandora in search of a mysterious "Vault," said to contain priceless unknown riches and alien technologies.

Need a little help

vosco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By vosco

I'm doing the Scavenger: combat rifle mission and I have every item except the Combat rifle sight.  The waypoint is full of shit.  I have looked all around and I can't find it. Anyone have any tips?

nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By nanikore

There's really not much to do but keep looking around the waypoint. It's very inaccurate.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ArchScabby

on scavenger quests the last waypoint is never where the piece actually is.  It just tells the general area.  You have to search for it.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Snipzor

Look for the gold bags in the compass, they point to the nearest piece of treasure. Which includes the gun pieces.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Ineedaname

There are subtle arrows in that camp, from the top of my head if you're looking towards the marker as if you've just walked there the first time, there's one part on top of a hut. Following this: On the left there's ramps, then there's a hill, go up that hill, and on your right is a hut on top of the hut I think is the sight.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By PureRok

Some of them are on top of buildings, or inside of garbage. Some are even in between static items.

Feral666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Feral666

Ya the developers should have said that sometimes the waypoint points exactly where to go and other times it points in the general area to look for something, but that wats it doing in that quest. Its in the general region of the waypoint., I know it gay, but what can you do

vosco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By vosco

Thanks for all the help guys.  Just reach level 24 tonight. I'll look for the rifle and the pistol tomorrow.  Wish me luck.  Peace

Shadowsquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Shadowsquire

If your game is anything like my game, you're fucked. I've got a waypoint for the revolver quest that points me to a place for a piece that I've already picked up. This has happened for another quest for me as well. Its telling me to talk to a claptrap and then points to the location for the second part of the quest.

FuzzyLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By FuzzyLogic
    @Shadowsquire: 
    If your game is anything like my game, you're fucked. I've got a waypoint for the revolver quest that points me to a place for a piece that I've already picked up.
    The last part of the revolver is in the crashed helicopter by the waypoint. The last part you always have to go looking for.   
    Shadowsquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Shadowsquire
    @FuzzyLogic: Yea I figured out the revolver part, but the other quest was "Seek out Tannis" and it would only point to tannis and not the claptrap that I was supposed to speak to. Had to look it up on the Borderlands wikia. Other than the quirks in the compass I'm having a great time tho :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.