Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bound By Flame

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released May 09, 2014

An ordinary mercenary is possessed by a fire demon, who just might grant the power to save the world from a massive army of the undead, in this fantasy action-RPG by French developer Spiders.

Anyone else know this game exists?

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By SomberOwl

This game comes out soon and doesn't look half bad. Could be good. It's coming for PS4 also. I haven't heard anything about this game anywhere but a few write ups on IGN. I don't know if that's a bad sign but I have hope it could be a good RPG.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b43dadb9061b
    deactivated-5b43dadb9061b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yes, I have. I plan on playing it.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#3  Edited By SMTDante89

Yeah, I've seen it mentioned a few times and noted the release date. Though I'm itching for an RPG for the PS4, I'm not sure how I feel about this yet so I'm waiting while trying to be cautiously optimistic that it will be good.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Man that was an old school matter of fact hype video. Weird felt like some 90's thing.

Yeah I just heard about this yesterday

but man it's the dudes who did of Orcs and Men and Mars:War Logs. Those games .......aren't so good.

so I'm going to wait on this one. Definitely need to see a quicklook first.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Dat narrator

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By VierasTalo

Some of the monsters look like they're out of The Army of Darkness.

This is a great thing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
    deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been bouncing between super excited and cautiously optimistic for this since it got announced. Everything they've shown looks like something I'd be into, but Spiders doesn't exactly have the best track record and I could easily see this being a huge bummer. I really hope it isn't. But I bet it will be.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yeah I did. But since it was from the developer of Mars: War Logs i didn't see much reason to get excited. Let me know if it turns out to be awesome.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By glots

The hell was that narrator...anyway, I'm somewhat eager to play this. Like mentioned, Spiders hasn't exactly been a mark of quality with their previous games (even if I've found their concepts interesting, especially for Of Orcs and Men), but I'm willing to give them a chance with this. Heck, I would already be happy with just a well-playing hack 'n slash RPG that doesn't have a completely terrible story and is just an okay game all-around. But that just might be my "First big game for PS4 after inFamous!" -self talking!

P.S. I hope they've at least toned down the swearing. Not that I have anything against it in general, but they've managed to make it pretty jarring, especially in War Logs...

P.S.S. Actually, I hope they've improved the dialog in general, because I'm now watching WL QL again and ooooh boy...Edit; I now looked up the link that someone had posted about them re-recording the dialog. Pretty awesome thing for them to do! Still nothing to write home about in those examples, but now it was at least tolerable to listen to.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

It looks cheap. Doesn't mean it's going to be bad though, but I'm suspicious. I'd love nothing more than a pleasant surprise, for I'm digging these kinds of games. I guess if it reviews well enough, and whatever is being written and said about the game doesn't put me off, I might give this a go. But yeah, it looks cheap and hella generic.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Awful trailer, and why does it just say "spiders" at the beginning? Looks Fable-like.

GTCknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Yes I have heard of it. I've been very interested in it for awhile now.

I know the dev doesn't have the "best" track record, but at the same time I find their concept for a dark fantasy game interesting. Also I just like (I mean love) a good dark fantasy.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First I have heard of it, will keep an eye out. The Spiders name is not a good sign though, probably should wait for actual reviews on this one.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I had no idea "Spiders" was a credit!

Jimbot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks like one of those kind of B-Tier games - high concepts being created on a budget. I don't think it'll deliver on a lot of what it says, but it could be one of those fun games despite itself much like Two Worlds (and to this game's credit it looks a hell of a lot more polished, interesting and better designed than that game). A shame it's $50 on the consoles - I bet if it were a 30$ title it'd sell really well.

Also, since this is the first post in this board in a while, you can get the game for 15% off if you pre-purchase from Steam - it'll come to 34$. I'm going to wait a few days to see if I can get it a little bit cheaper on GMG, if it shows up there.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got my eye on it. I need a new PS4 game badly

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SomberOwl

@jimbot: Within the first minute of playing Two Worlds I just knew..... I knew it wasn't going to be like Oblivion. Which is why I bought it because I was young, dumb and naive. I was all like "hey this game looks kind of like Oblivion and that game is awesome". Fuck me.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

Ah Spiders that paragon of awful RPG game design. Their concepts are always so damn interesting but the execution of those concepts is always so bad. I have a feeling this will be the case here as well. Makes me think of that Lords of the Fallen or whatever that CI Games is making. Another dark fantasy action RPG from a developer whose track record is pretty abysmal. Also that dark fantasy shooter/RPG from Techland that never came out. I love the ambition of Central and Eastern European developers. It's just that more times than not the execution is just too awful to overlook. And then we get the occasional gem like Painkiller, The Witcher, Metro, or STALKER which have both great concepts and solid (or even great) execution. Like I said, I love the ambition, but unless the game is coming from CD Projekt Red or Flying Wild Hog I always take the wait and see approach to games from that part of the world. Outside of those two studios, even the best games from Central or Eastern Europe come with some sort of major caveat.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I forgot this is coming out next week already! Still quoting myself from a previous post, though I think I'll wait for them reviews to hit first...

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#20  Edited By Yummylee

Action-RPG: The Video Game!

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I'm looking forward to checking it out next week. Have it in my Gamefly queue.

DeadpanCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By DeadpanCakes

That trailer was... interesting. "Do things!! With stuff!! and other things... in this VIDEO GAME"

Also SPIDERS!!! The only thing I'd seen from them was that quick look of Mars: War Logs that I remember being hilarious.

greywolf_lexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just saw it advertised in steam. Doesn't look bad, hopefully the duders make a quicklook, I've been craving for a good action rpg lately.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been checking out the occasional stream on the PS4 streaming app and it looks decent. Common sentiment seems to be that while it is no way a high quality AAA game it is still a decent rpg with some neat hooks. Would prefer to try it on PS4 but seeing as how that seems to be the most expensive version I might go PC.

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

SPOILER: It looks alright but it will be mediocre, like every Spiders game. Those guys scope way outside of their budget/skill every single time, it seems.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like Divinity, I'm in.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.