Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Brad Shoemaker

Person » credited in 3 games

Brad Shoemaker was a senior editor of Giant Bomb from 2008 to 2021, and a former editor for GameSpot. He was the third host of the Giant Bombcast. Voice of an angel.

Regarding Brad

• 125 results
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Eh.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@humanity said:

@gaspower: The golden rule to follow is: when you're about to post something negative about anyone from the crew, stop, then post about how awesome Vinny is - win win for everyone.

Win Win? More like Vin Vin.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@humanity said:

@gaspower: The golden rule to follow is: when you're about to post something negative about anyone from the crew, stop, then post about how awesome Vinny is - win win for everyone.

This is next level stuff

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

When I saw this thread I thought how much that kind of thread title would fill me with dread if I were Brad.

But then, as it is, it's just a bunch of people saying how awesome Brad is, which pleases me hugely. Brad is awesome and ever since the 2008 GOTY, when he argued for MGS4 to win only to get fuckedby Ryan, he's been my favourite member of the crew.

You're absolutely baller Shoemaker, keep it up!

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Brad seems like a carefree dude that loves games and would be glad to work at Giant Bomb forever. He's the only one in the crew I get that vibe with (the others seem to have more stuff to worry about).

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#106  Edited By csl316

Also, someone link that Gamespot documentary with young Brad, where he's in a tiny apartment sleeping on the floor. Then you'll understand everything.

Love, of, the game!

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

I think Brad is a really nice guy. I only wish he didn't curse quite so much. Pretty much any content with Brad in it can't be watched when my son is awake. It has been fun to watch his gaming obsessions progress over the years. I sometimes miss Starcraft obsessed Brad a bit though.

Starcraft Brad was more my taste yes. And I wish he cursed more.

Avatar image for weegieanawrench
    weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#109  Edited By weegieanawrench

I like Brad a lot. He's got different perspectives from the rest of the crew, and I always appreciate his teachable moments. The only thing I don't like is his style of gaming. It's frustrating to watch him flub over and over again on sections of a game he should have a handle on. The swearing makes up for that I guess. Ryan summed it up best: Skip to 3:48.

Loading Video...
    ruineru3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brad tweets pictures of guinea pigs. 'Nuff said, he's great.

Jennifyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Jennifyre

@dudeglove: Was he really good at Starcraft before Dota entered his life? I've seen a lot of Starcraft references in older cotent. If you think about it Dota is kind of the same type of game. Maybe a more advanced form. But that's debatable.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

@meatball said:

Man, that was so fantastic. Poor sick brad.

Nothing, and i do mean nothing can stop a Dota run.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Brad is fucking awesome! You can't help but root for him! At least I can't.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who doesn't like Brad? That's weird. I don't get the whole not liking people on this crew but sticking around to watch the content thing. People make this shit weirdly personal, like they've been directly affronted by the crew. It's like the people who send death threats to the Game of Thrones cast because they play shitty characters. Get a fucking grip. If you don't like the cast, maybe not consume the content?

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
    Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

I find Brad to be the staff member that I personally identify with most, partly because he's clearly the more introverted of them. So I've always had a fondness for Brad that dwarfs my fondness for Jeff, even though I recognise that Jeff is the funnier and more charismatic of the two. But they're charismatic in entirely different ways - Brad's charisma is in understated charm, and Jeff's is in bombast and energy, and I tend to have a greater appreciation for the former.

I also think that Brad is by far the best writer on Giant Bomb. There's a craft and a flow to his reviews that I very much appreciate. It's a shame that his talents aren't as well displayed on a very video-focused site, and I almost wonder if they should give Brad a space to write about things more often, instead of just for reviews. I don't know what form that would take, and if they could come up with as brilliant/dumb of a name as Guns of Navarro, but I'd like to see it.

Strangely enough I like Brad a lot when he's guesting other podcasts and shows.

I agree. He's so entertaining when he's on the Tested podcasts; he gels with Will and Norm extremely well.

teaoverlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By teaoverlord

Yo Brad sorry about that time I called you a sick fuck in chat.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#118  Edited By GreggD

@encephalon said:

I was expecting something way nastier when I entered this thread

If you want nasty, just go to bradonbrad.xxx for your hot Brad on Brad action. Only 14.95 a month!

Probably should disclaim that I made the site up. Don't try going there or permutations of it.

Avatar image for thebluthcompany
    TheBluthCompany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@gaspower: Yeah I would love to see Patrick take on Brad and Vinny in DS2 somehow. I think he would win easily.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

@bollard said:

@slag: Does he wear contacts now?

I dunno probably? maybe he just likes to roll flying blind. That would certainly explain some of the Brad deaths if he did.

really though I bet it's contacts since video work is his job these days and I think's he's busted the specs out for some livestreams from his place.

@jedted said:
    @slag said:

@jennibelle:

to this

This is the the big reason for me. After so many trials and tribulations he stuck with it and finally got the prize, gotta admire that dedication.

"Tango Down in Sector 1-Alpha!"

There have been too many great moments in GB history to count. But this. This is THE moment. This was Brad's moment. It was our moment.

lookingback on that moment, it really was huge. Huger than perhaps I realized at the time. That was probably the moment, post the sale to CBSi, that I think convinced a lot of us Whiskey Media holdovers that Giant Bomb was going to be ok. That CBSi wasn't going to ruin them or the site was going to fold into Gamespot, it was still going to be the same guys doin what we love to watch them do. It was visual proof that the guys were still the guys and the content was going to be back. 'Cause man the first several months were rough, real rough. We as community really needed that moment, it was a great thing to rally around. It united the forums in positivity for the first time in 3/4 of a year when there was tremendous friction here. Even today it still feels like the site has not yet fully recovered as so many site features remain gone, but we believe it's going to be ok.

definitely one of the top 5 moments in Giant Bomb history in my mind.

I still have no idea how Vinny managed to time the Vangelis Chariots of Fire song so perfectly as it aired live!

smokeyd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I want to give Brad a hug. That is all.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slag: Because Vinny. That's about all we need to know!

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@humanity said:

@infamousbig said:

@humanity said:

This is next level stuff

Alpaca paca if you asked me....hmmm....

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ChrisHarris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By ChrisHarris

Someone said "Brad the Impaler" during the most recent stream. I had to make that happen:

Brad the Impaler
    Brad the Impaler

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.