Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Brink

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released May 10, 2011

A multiplayer-focused, class-based first-person shooter running on id Tech 4, in which oppressive soldiers and anarchistic terrorists battle for the few remaining resources on a failed paradise known as the Ark.

Brink, Steam Weekend Impressions

Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Beaudacious

So i remember all the noise about Brink during its release, and how it was a bad game. Personally i decided to take all this hate with a grain of salt, thinking people on both camps were being childish. Then comes the Steam Free Weekend for Brink, and oh boy was this something special.

How on earth was everyone at Splash Damage not fired on the spot? This game is atrocious in almost every way, i remember such fond things about ET:QW. How could they have gone so wrong in so many ways? How was this game not scraped mid production? There have been games scraped that showed much more potential then Brink. I just can't believe this was a product on store shelves being sold for 50$ as an FPS. Its nothing more then a character creator. Splash damage should be ashamed of selling this piece of shit to consumers. The recent indie source engine game E.Y.E has shown more thought, talent, and production value then this garbage.

Bethesda Publishing has really turned me away from any product they release other then elder scroll games. Rogue Warrior, Brink, Hunted what the hell is going on at the Bethesda publishing offices. Are they simply publishing games of friends that have an idea on a napkin? Pushing out garbage after garbage, why would Bethesda even want to associate themselves with these titles?

IceColdGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By IceColdGamer

So, you didn't like it?

Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Beaudacious
    @IceColdGamer: Nah
    Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Cloudenvy

That game is not good at all!

rmills87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By rmills87

Really? I enjoyed this game a lot and still do enjoy it to this day. It's very addictive. But then, everyone has their own opinions.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

The Xbox version dropped to about $28 on Amazon. Cheap.  Can't
    really hate it at that prices.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
    tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By tim_the_corsair

At the right price point, Brink would have been a fun diversion.

Unfortunately, that price point is about $4.99.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Doctorchimp

The entire two hours I played that barren mess of a shitty game I just remembered all the white knights who defended it until their dying breath that the reviews were way off.

Fucking internet can't be trusted, but Jeff can.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ravenlight

Scrapped. You mean "scrapped"

Shookems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Shookems

I agree, pre-release I had bought into the hype. I really, really wanted this game to be good. Unfortunately I was turned off initially by all the poor reviews, and this free weekend only reaffirmed my doubts. I'm glad I got the opportunity to at least try it out though.  

My main gripe, how the fuck is there no option to play in human only games?

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By valrog
    @Beaudacious said:
    Its nothing more then a character creator.
    And it's awesome.
    YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By YoungFrey

My first experience with Brink was an ugly T-shirt I got at PAX Prime 2010.  That was the high point. While buying a pack in a Steam sale I got Brink for free.  Since it had time limited free DLC, I decided to install it.  It does not run on my totally standard and and up-to-date drivered system.  The free weekend did see a big spike in players (over 10X), so maybe they have enough money to make this thing work. So if they bother to patch it, I'll do them the courtesy of see if it works.  I am extremely glad I didn't spend money to buy this.  The idea that I spent money on a package that contains it, somehow implies to the publisher or devs that I support them bothers me a lot. 
    Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Ghostiet

You know what's the irony? Wolfenstein Enemy Territory was free and open source because they've couldn't make the single player portion work at all.

Maybe the same happens to Brink one day, we'll just have to add BrinkPro or some other mod and it'll be all fixed and awesome.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.