Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Broken Age

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Jan 14, 2014

A point-and-click adventure game from Tim Schafer and Double Fine Productions, and the first huge success story for a game on Kickstarter, which firmly put Kickstarter on the map as a source for games funding.

Will you be replaying Act 1 in preparation for Act 2?

Avatar image for deactivated-582d227526464
    deactivated-582d227526464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Poll Will you be replaying Act 1 in preparation for Act 2? (50 votes)

Yes 36%
    No 40%
    I demand a third poll option 22%

Curious how people will be experiencing Act 2. I for one want to make sure I'm getting the complete experience, so I am replaying Act 1 to brush up on the game's story.

• 
    mtfikhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I never started Part 1 because I wanted to play the whole thing in one go

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Yeah, I got the final release build a day early through being a backer (so basically at 12:01 AM on April 27th) which has the full game and the achievements and everything active. So I blasted through Act 1 in a little over 3 hours; I remembered the puzzles pretty much immediately as I got to them, but I ended up listening to a lot of incidental dialogue again and I'm glad I did because there are a bunch of small details about certain characters that I wouldn't have remembered at all (and even just unimportant details like the mayor who is so surprised that he swallows his little whistle; if I just jumped into Act 2 I really wouldn't have remembered why he had a whistle lodged in his throat).

I've started playing Act 2, and Vella's part is kinda linear so far. Shay's part in Act 2 is actually pretty great and I'm digging how open-ended it has been. I might be like halfwayish through Act 2?

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Does the PSN version coming out today have both acts?

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By flameboy84

I'm not but I only finished Act 1 this year having picked it up in a steam sale.

capshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had considered just jumping into Act 2 but I'm sort of questioning that decision now. Getting achievements is a good enough excuse to replay the first half of the game and going through it again might help jog my memory on some of the characters and plotlines, given that it's been almost a year since I've played it. I remember really enjoying Act 1 so I think I'll want to be mentally prepared for Act 2 when I get around to it.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, I already did it the other day. It took around 3 hours.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

I will be playing both acts for the first time when I play it.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BisonHero

@capshot said:

I had considered just jumping into Act 2 but I'm sort of questioning that decision now. Getting achievements is a good enough excuse to replay the first half of the game and going through it again might help jog my memory on some of the characters and plotlines, given that it's been almost a year since I've played it. I remember really enjoying Act 1 so I think I'll want to be mentally prepared for Act 2 when I get around to it.

Yeah, you'd be surprised how much you forget in a year. It's hard to forget the broad story beats, but if you can spare the time, I'd recommend going through the first act again. Also in my lust for achievements, I got to experience just how many VO lines there are for "use Grabbin' Gary on [object]" and "use spoon on [object]", which I never did on my original playthrough. It was totally worth it just for that. The spoon is great.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea35e2382c82
    deactivated-5ea35e2382c82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played through it yesterday, and I really don't see the point in replaying Act 1, there isn't very much in the story of 2 that doesn't reiterate itself or is beyond the scope of memory. I can't think of a puzzle solution that requires you to remember something specific from Act 1.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'll probably just youtube a playthrough of it rather than replay episode 1.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

played through part 1 last summer and pondered the story more than I usually do, so I won't replay it as I still remember it pretty well.

...which has the full game and the achievements and everything active.

nevermind, based on this new information I will be replaying Act 1 first

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ravelle

I never got around to finishing the first part so yes, excited to play the whole thing soon.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slag said:

played through part 1 last summer and pondered the story more than I usually do, so I won't replay it as I still remember it pretty well.

@bisonhero said:

...which has the full game and the achievements and everything active.

nevermind, based on this new information I will be replaying Act 1 first

lol, so right now, the most common achievement for the game on Steam is the one you get for finishing Act 1, because if you load up a save from the end of the first part, it gives you the "cleared act 1" achievement right away, but doesn't retroactively give you any other achievements. It seems like a lot of people are doing that and continuing into Act 2.

http://steamcommunity.com/stats/232790/achievements/

Which is kind of bizarre. I wonder if enough people will go back and replay Act 1 to the point that the Act 1 achievements are all more common than the Act 2 achievements.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I voted no on this poll yesterday, then loaded the game up and decided to go through Act 1 again nonetheless.

So I guess I'm a liar, but it was worth it, since as it turns out, I barely remembered anything from Act 1.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jesus_Phish

I played through Act 1 but I'm not overly pushed to even play through Act 2 right now. And after hearing that a lot of the game is just playing the same characters in the opposite locations to the last game I was even less bothered to try Act 2.

I just keep looking at it shaking my head and wanting to ask "What the fuck happened with everything on this project?"

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I waited for Act 2 before I started Act 1.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.