Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Brütal Legend

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Oct 13, 2009

Brütal Legend is a humorous heavy-metal, open-world, action-adventure game with light real-time strategy elements. As Eddie Riggs, lead the people of the Brütal World to rise up against the Tainted Coil demons who rule the world, and their leader, the sinister Emperor Doviculus.

Brütal Disappointment

• 53 results
    boj4ngles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By boj4ngles

@DBoy said:
    " @septim said:
    " As soon as it becomes a full blown "RTS" the gameplay just falls apart. Its just way too clunky, slow, and frustrating to be a game I would recommend to anyone.  This fucking fog level is a total piece of shit. I feel like I'm being fucked over by the controls. I'm being attacked in a 3 different places and flying is way too slow and having to be next to troops is completely asinine in a game like this.  Glad I rented it. "
    Amen to that sir, Amen. "

Sounds like you guys have no idea how to play this game.  As in any RTS, you need to know the strengths and weaknesses of units and their armies.  If you don't approach enemy squads cautiously, of course they will pwn you.  If you don't deploy your units strategically, you will lose map control.  On the other hand, RTS isn't everyone's cup of tea, which I sympatize with.
    ISmoochyI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By ISmoochyI

I was wondering wether or not to ged this game...but after reading your review, among others, I've decided I'll just rent it later on down the road. Good review.

Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#53  Edited By Metric_Outlaw
    @boj4ngles said:
    "
    @DBoy said:
    " @septim said:
    " As soon as it becomes a full blown "RTS" the gameplay just falls apart. Its just way too clunky, slow, and frustrating to be a game I would recommend to anyone.  This fucking fog level is a total piece of shit. I feel like I'm being fucked over by the controls. I'm being attacked in a 3 different places and flying is way too slow and having to be next to troops is completely asinine in a game like this.  Glad I rented it. "
    Amen to that sir, Amen. "
    Sounds like you guys have no idea how to play this game.  As in any RTS, you need to know the strengths and weaknesses of units and their armies.  If you don't approach enemy squads cautiously, of course they will pwn you.  If you don't deploy your units strategically, you will lose map control.  On the other hand, RTS isn't everyone's cup of tea, which I sympatize with. "
    I agree, I honestly did not like the RTS until I actually took time out and played straight up AI battles. I think if the main quest did a little better job at explaining everything there wouldn't be so many people hating on it. If you only play the main quest without playing any AI battles the RTS parts will look flawed and worthless.
    CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By CowMuffins
    @AjayRaz said:
    " kinda strange that Psychonauts wasn't very popular but was an incredible game, but Brutal Legend has gotten alot of advertising and hype, but it's a disappointment  hmmm...     "
    They didn't have powerhouse EA backing them up. The fact of the matter is, this game is bad. Having original IP's fall flat is not going to help more original games get on the market.
    gungrave45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 11

#55  Edited By gungrave45

goty so far for me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.