Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Brütal Legend

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Oct 13, 2009

Brütal Legend is a humorous heavy-metal, open-world, action-adventure game with light real-time strategy elements. As Eddie Riggs, lead the people of the Brütal World to rise up against the Tainted Coil demons who rule the world, and their leader, the sinister Emperor Doviculus.

The Brutal Legend Review SUCKED.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By Yukoei

Okay before I get any hate please read about what I have to say -

I agree with most of the stuff on the review but one thing really bothreder me, the legnth of the game. First things first, 4 hours? I dont think so its more like 7 - 10 hours. The thing that bothered me the most it that the score was takaen down because of the length, EXCUSE ME? Halo 3: ODST was around a 4 - 5 hour game and nothing got taken down from the score so why should it effect one game but not another?

One other thing is the fanboys they all cried 'I dont care for the hours as long as the game is good' but when it comes to a multiplatform game 'Im not paying 60$ for a 7 - 10 hour game! Dream On'

Seriously guys, get real.

PS:  I Still love Giant Bomb and most of their reviews but this one SUCKED.

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Yukoei

Okay before I get any hate please read about what I have to say -

I agree with most of the stuff on the review but one thing really bothreder me, the legnth of the game. First things first, 4 hours? I dont think so its more like 7 - 10 hours. The thing that bothered me the most it that the score was takaen down because of the length, EXCUSE ME? Halo 3: ODST was around a 4 - 5 hour game and nothing got taken down from the score so why should it effect one game but not another?

One other thing is the fanboys they all cried 'I dont care for the hours as long as the game is good' but when it comes to a multiplatform game 'Im not paying 60$ for a 7 - 10 hour game! Dream On'

Seriously guys, get real.

PS:  I Still love Giant Bomb and most of their reviews but this one SUCKED.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Red

Don't hate, appreciate. Unless it's on the hate thread.

LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By LiquidSwords

tl;tr

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By JJOR64

No Caption Provided
    asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By asurastrike

The review for X game sucked because it doesn't agree with my opinion.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By breadfan

Didn't you also hate the ODST review?  Stop hating on game reviews.  They are opinions, get over it.

Ping5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#7  Edited By Ping5000
    @Yukoei said:
    "  Okay before I get any hate please read about what I have to say - 
    No.
    empfeix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By empfeix

At least Halo 3 ODST has a big deep replayable multiplayer mode for a console FPS.  Unless I'm reading it wrong Brutal Legend has forgettable multiplayer not to mention any single player co-op.

wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By wrecks

Wouldn't this be better posted in the game's forum? Or better yet in the actual review comments? Besides, the review is just one dude's opinion. relax.

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By buzz_clik

Wait, so let me just distill what you've said:

" I agree with most of the stuff on the review, but the review SUCKED"

blair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By blair

As mentioned before, get over it, the game isn't so great.

The review was thorough and intelligent, this blog post on the other hand... SUCKED.

combustability

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By combustability
    @Yukoei: I don't get the impression that Ryan lowered the score for Brutal Legend's single player being 5 hours. In fact, he points out that there are both side missions and multiplayer to pad the time. He lowered the score because the gameplay during those 5 hours wasn't particularly enjoyable or compelling.  Remember, Portal was maybe 4 hours tops, but they were maybe the best and most memorable 4 hours of gameplay in 2007.
    bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By bwooduhs

Although I don't agree with Ryan i still fully respect his opinions about the game and in know way do i think the review was badly written.

noextralife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By noextralife

Oh noes! Giant Bomb gave a score of less than 5 stars to a game I got over hyped for, burn it down, burn it down....or instead of reaching for your virtual pitch fork, how about accepting that its just someones opinion and dear lord no! it might not be the same as yours.

itsmadness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By itsmadness

I don't agree with it, but hey, it's Ryan's opinion. I still bought it and glad I did haha.

William

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By William

I played the demo, i hated the game. I agree with giantbomb.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By StaticFalconar

Theys just keepin it reals, G. I totally wasn't going to get Brutal Legend over Uncharted 2 anyways.

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
    OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

Brutal Legend is also more expensive than ODST, something to consider there as well.

Dark_Jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Dark_Jon

@buzz_clik: Stop misquoting, he said, "PS: I Still love Giant Bomb and most of their reviews but this one SUCKED. "

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By animateria

I actually was turned off on Brutal Legend reading other reviews. The reviews that gave high praise to the game that is.

In some sense, Ryan pretty much summed up why I was bummed at the game.

To me, reading other reviews, the RTS aspect seemed a bit too shallow, and the single-player adventure almost seemed like a tutorial for multiplayer. Which was mentioned that it was hard to learn how to play other factions, since there isn't any tutorial for those.

In the end, I think it comes down to what you expected from Brutal Legend. I think the game probably deserves both it's high praise as well as it's more modest ones.

kraznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#21  Edited By kraznor

I don't know man, I've only played maybe 2 1/2 hours and I'm already done half the story missions. It seems totally feasible for someone to be able to beat this in four hours. I was looking forward to this more than anything but I can't deny some of Ryan's criticisms. Some of that RTS stuff just feels really clunky. And if that is the heart of the multiplayer, can't see that lasting me to long. Think it sucks, but it is fair.

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By buzz_clik
    @Dark_Jon said:
    " @buzz_clik: Stop misquoting, he said, "PS: I Still love Giant Bomb and most of their reviews but this one SUCKED. " "
    I'm not misquoting. I actually said I was distilling rather than quoting, and even then I directly lifted stuff he'd said.
    DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 10

#23  Edited By DJ_Lae

If anything I appreciate that he's a little harsher on the game. 

Every other review I've read complains about the length, the side missions, the gameplay itself, and then goes "But the game's AWESOME!" and awards it an 8-10 score. Seems fishy to me. 

Well, not that fishy - I realize people are totally hot for Tim Schafer and technically speaking game journalists are people.
    Avatar image for thefrostedgamer
    TheFrostedGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheFrostedGamer
    @Ping5000 said:
    " @Yukoei said:
    "  Okay before I get any hate please read about what I have to say - 
    No. "
    Agree with the "No." part
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By Hamz

@Yukoei:
    The thing to remember here is all reviews are subjective opinion of the reviewer themselves. Reviews are not meant to be taken as gospel. I'm locking this down because to be somewhat frank you're original post is poorly constructed and reads more like a fanboyish reaction than a well thought out constructive criticism to inspire good productive discussion value.

The staff are always open to seeing folks discuss their reviews, even if people don't agree with them. And we mods are always happy to let people do it providing they can keep it mature and provide constructive criticism. Comments like "....but this one SUCKED!" I do not consider to be constructive, if anything I find them a little immature. We're here to talk in a mature environment about video games and the industry that spawns them, as well as the reviews that cover them. What we're not here to discuss is kind of immature responses to reviews that you may or may not agree with.

It doesn't help you and your views to be taken seriously by others if you cannot express them in a mature manner. If you can't actually provide an adequate argument to backup your statement other than to use the above quoted phrase and language similar too it, then frankly people won't take you seriously. They'll just assume that you're being a bit fanboyish and throwing a small tantrum over the review.

If you wish to remake the topic discussing varying opinions over Ryan's review then by all means I ask you to do so. But make sure you provide constructive criticism, valid points to back up your argument and most of all be mature about it :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.