Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Brütal Legend

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Oct 13, 2009

Brütal Legend is a humorous heavy-metal, open-world, action-adventure game with light real-time strategy elements. As Eddie Riggs, lead the people of the Brütal World to rise up against the Tainted Coil demons who rule the world, and their leader, the sinister Emperor Doviculus.

Wii Version Of Brutal Legend Cancelled After Looking Like S**t

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

The rumoured Wii version of Brutal Legend has supposedly been canceled after technical/quality concerns at EA.

Our sources have indicated that a Wii version was in development at Electronic Arts, just not with Double Fine at the helm. The keyword here is "was," as we've recently learned from our sources that the Wii version of the title has been canceled due to quality and technical concerns.
    - Destructoid via NeoGafDyack haterz

See how I'm still capable of posting when inebriated :)

Thoughts?

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Venatio

Not suprised actually, were you planning on getting it? Because Ive always planned on getting BL for either my 360 or PS3

CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By CoolDrMoney

Quality concerns exist at EA?

I know, they've improved their act over the past few years.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By End_Boss

But is anyone surprised?

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Al3xand3r

So why are the other versions not cancelled? They also look like shit. O well, never cared for the game...

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Diamond

The game looks great on 360 and PS3...  too bad it's not coming to any platform you own huh, Al3x?

Anyways, being an open world game, it's far more taxing for the graphics quality than a linear title, so RAM and processing problems crop up more on a Wii than if it was a different kind of game.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Al3xand3r

Not really Diamond, plenty of games I actually want are coming to platforms I own (in older topics before the cancellation I had expressed my dislike, it's not the sudden change of heart you imply). Nice (read: shitty) guess work. Do you really have to reply in a topic just to talk to me? Pm.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Jimbo

Greatest thread title of all time (or at least this week), well played, sir.

MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MKHavoc

I didn't even know they were working on a Wii version until now. 

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10  Edited By Willy105
    @End_Boss said:
    " But is anyone surprised? "
    Having an entirely different developer make a game that is supposed to be a clone of another? Not at all.
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Hamz

Can't say I'm surprised really. The Wii isn't a platform I'd imagine most people interested in the game would consider buying it on. If we're being fair here the Wii does great with simpler games with less demanding visual performance and back end stuff like Wii Music, Wii Fitness, Wii Sports and games like The Conduit, Super Mario Galaxy and such like. Games that while fun in their own right just are a lot more simple in the visual department.

That and can you really imagine playing a game like Brutal Legend with motion controls? Not to mention that any DLC the game gets won't really be released on the Wii anyway making it a pointless purchase if you want such DLC, again assuming it is something that will come eventually.

Sad but to be expected.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Al3xand3r said:
    " So why are the other versions not cancelled? They also look like shit. O well, never cared for the game... "

Are you being serious? it's hard to tell. Do you really think the current gen versions look like shit after the E3 footage we all saw?.  I thought it was one of the best games at this years E3.  Forget about Ratchet, this game above all comes closest to the quality of a Pixar movie, and the soundtrack is awesome, it's classic and fittingly cool in the selection of tracks.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Diamond
    @Linkyshinks said:
    Are you being serious? it's hard to tell. Do you really think the current gen versions look like shit after the E3 footage we all saw?.  I thought it was one of the best games at this years E3.  Forget about Ratchet, this game above all comes closest to the quality of a Pixar movie, and the soundttrack is awesome, it's classic and fittingly cool in the selction of tracks. "
    Don't mind him, he's just a case of sour grapes.
    Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Nasar7
    @Jimbo said:
    " Greatest thread title of all time (or at least this week), well played, sir. "

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Al3xand3r
    @Linkyshinks said:
    "Are you being serious? it's hard to tell. Do you really think the current gen versions look like shit after the E3 footage we all saw?.  I thought it was one of the best games at this years E3.  Forget about Ratchet, this game above all comes closest to the quality of a Pixar movie, and the soundtrack is awesome, it's classic and fittingly cool in the selection of tracks. "
    The current gen versions? Why, yes, that's what I think about the current gen versions Linky, since those are all I've seen, and only two of them as I don't think the Wii one (also a current gen version) was ever shown. Or I missed it because as I said I don't care for the game. It's just meh. Maybe there's a good game underneath but until glowing reviews show up, it does nothing for me.

@Diamond: Read my last comment, mister ignorance-is-bliss.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Al3xand3r said:
    " @Linkyshinks said:
    "Are you being serious? it's hard to tell. Do you really think the current gen versions look like shit after the E3 footage we all saw?.  I thought it was one of the best games at this years E3.  Forget about Ratchet, this game above all comes closest to the quality of a Pixar movie, and the soundtrack is awesome, it's classic and fittingly cool in the selection of tracks. "
    The current gen versions? Why, yes, that's what I think about the current gen versions Linky, since those are all I've seen, and only two of them as I don't think the Wii one (also a current gen version) was ever shown. Or I missed it because as I said I don't care for the game. It's just meh. Maybe there's a good game underneath but until glowing reviews show up, it does nothing for me.@Diamond: Read my last comment, mister ignorance-is-bliss. "

I cannot believe what your saying to be true, it begs belief how can you fail to get excited about the game given it's original premise.

All the critics at E3 voted the game as their joint favourite alongside Uncharted 2

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CL60
    @Al3xand3r said:
    " So why are the other versions not cancelled? They also look like shit. O well, never cared for the game... "
    Wow, you fail.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Al3xand3r

I guess if I'm gonna go with a God-of-War-like game I'll try Darksiders instead (wow, hey, look MB and other mods, it's also a PS360 game!)?

Edit: Well, just watch the 2nd video, the first seems older and looks half as good. There's also a lengthy developer walkthough to find, um, somewhere, showing the controls, some abilities, etc, similar to that video you posted Linky. Lovely visuals and it's said to have more substance with Zelda-like dungeons too. Or something like that. And of course you get new abilities/weapons as you progress. Looks good, no?
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Diamond
    @Al3xand3r said:
    I guess if I'm gonna go with a God-of-War-like game I'll try Darksiders instead (wow, hey, look MB and other mods, it's also a PS360 game!)?
    Brutal Legend isn't a GoW clone...
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Al3xand3r

Looks like a beat em up in that video Linky posted? The trailers I've seen don't show gameplay so. What else does it have? Darksiders isn't strictly GoW style either, it has an open world, new abilities to unlock new areas, etc, but primarily both seem to be about killing shit in melees.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Diamond
    @Al3xand3r said:
    " Looks like a beat em up in that video Linky posted? The trailers I've seen don't show gameplay so. What else does it have? Darksiders isn't strictly GoW style either, it has an open world, new abilities to unlock new areas, etc, but primarily both seem to be about killing shit in melees. "
    Well supposedly Brutal Legend will have those open world GTA-like elements, Zelda-like dungeon stuff, strategy elements where you control a lot of minions (clever stuff like groupies and head banger class units).  Not sure what all it'll go into, but even the Giant Bomb staff have said they expected a GoW-clone but it's a lot more than that.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Al3xand3r

Well like I said, glowing reviews would of course change my mind.

Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
    Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

God, whenever I hear the company name EA I think about fucking NBA Live 2002 and all those horrible sims they made in past years. I do not have very good memories of any of my EA games, (okay, maybe a few years ago I really enjoyed NBA Street V3, and I enjoy the Burnout series, but that's all!). But then again, I have yet to buy Dead Space.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By Black_Rose
    @End_Boss said:
    Considering this is the first time I hear about the game, yes. I don't think anyone knew this was even coming to the Wii.
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#25  Edited By ArbitraryWater
    @Linkyshinks said:
    I cannot believe what your saying to be true, it begs belief how can you fail to get excited about the game given it's original premise.
    He is not excited because it is not for the Wii or the DS. Simple logic.

@End_Boss said:
    No. There are enough shitty ports for the Wii, and thankfully EA had the sense to pull the plug (although that may have more to do with the Wii's demographic than anything else)

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Al3xand3r
    @ArbitraryWater said:
    "He is not excited because it is not for the Wii or the DS. Simple logic. "
    Look at past threads mister, I've been "not excited" even about its confirmation for the Wii. Not that you haven't read this already but perhaps you feel that if a lie is told one too many times, it will stick. Whatever. Perhaps you should take a look at other threads to see me having fun with other "not for the Wii or the DS" games, or even this particular thread to see me look forward to a PS360 game, just not this one... I don't even have a DS, I have a PSP and the last portable game I commented on was how good Monster Hunter United's demo was... Got it, yet?
    End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By End_Boss

ITT: Al3xand3r defends his unnecessarily inflammatory comments about a much beloved game and developer. Also, the Wii.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Al3xand3r said:
    " I guess if I'm gonna go with a God-of-War-like game I'll try Darksiders instead (wow, hey, look MB and other mods, it's also a PS360 game!)?
    Edit: Well, just watch the 2nd video, the first seems older and looks half as good. There's also a lengthy developer walkthough to find, um, somewhere, showing the controls, some abilities, etc, similar to that video you posted Linky. Lovely visuals and it's said to have more substance with Zelda-like dungeons too. Or something like that. And of course you get new abilities/weapons as you progress. Looks good, no? "

There's no way in hell, (-see what I did there), that Brutal Legend is a GoW clone!. Do you really honestly think they would invest so heavily in a game of that type, now :?.  Especially given Dante's Inferno!, lol.

This game by the sound of things, is very bold in how it brings in various gameplay mechanics, already seen other genres, but it's also doing it's own thing too.. It has no fear about doing that, the sole emphasis is on creating fun, and creating an engaging story. It certainly does the later on the evidence of the few cut scenes we have seen already seen.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By jakob187
    @End_Boss said:
    After Civilization Revolution getting cancelled for the Wii...no, I'm not surprised.  =  (
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Al3xand3r

I didn't call it a clone Linky, and the game I mention isn't a clone either, and does things different, but they both seem to mostly be about killing shit in melees. Heck, a lot of the video you posted is about that. Perhaps GoW was the wrong game to bring up, but I still don't see what's so special about this, other than Jack Black's face and voice. Since when are such PR/licencing stunts what gets people excited about games?

CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By CoolDrMoney
    @Al3xand3r said:
    I thought this was a joke at first, then I read on.

How can you feverishly throw out interest in any Wii game that might be good, but then enter a thread for a highly anticipated title from a well respected developer and shit on it like this? After not even being well informed on it, no less.

You suck
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Al3xand3r

Or maybe, it was an exagerated statement to match the THREAD TITLE, so it was indeed a joke, but I also happen to dislike how the game looks regardless of the joke. And once again, mister, I've not had good things to say about it even while it was confirmed for the Wii, so, no, I don't express interest in any Wii game that might be good, otherwise I would have expressed interest in this game a few months ago. Duh?

I've said and shown proof of that a few itmes in this thread, but people just love flagging me and trying to claim I'm a fanboy, as if a third party multiplatform game has much to do with that... I even "pimped" another third party multiplatform non-Wii game in the same thread. Meh?

Maybe you all can just start talking about the news, I didn't start flaming you for loving it, I only made a joke, said what I think of it, and defended my right to do so after I was clearly attacked for it from people who feel so strongly over it for whatever reason, and try to twist it into fanboyism. Brutal Legend. Wii Version. Cancelled. Discuss. Or don't. Al3xand3r isn't the thread's title. Sure, you can comment on my comment, but I've already addressed everything said and it's stupid to have to repeat everything every few posts, when it's all right here, and anyone can read it...

CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By CoolDrMoney
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Al3xand3r

But no, I don't, because I didn't express interest in this game. Your "any" statement doesn't come with exceptions, I'm sorry. You can post 10000 titles I've expressed interest in, but it only takes one to disprove that "any" statement. And that one game, is this one. Another is the TMNT game.

Not to mention that posting videos and footage and previews from other sources that don't reflect my own interests doesn't imply personal interest at all. I've posted plenty about Tiger Woods 10 and Grand Slam Tennis, but I'm buying neither, despite the fact they seem to have turned out as great games, for their genres. So, your links are pointless and don't help your off topic flame attempts in any way. Try again.

Edit: Maybe you should re-read these because you seem unable to understand what's right in front of you just to favor your personal crusade. Whatever, I love it when people have to talk shit and put others' personalities down when they have nothing left to actually argue with. Lol.

CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By CoolDrMoney

Well then I'm glad to hear that you're not all the way crazy, just fully 99

Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#36  Edited By Origina1Penguin

If it was canceled, I'm sure it's for the best.  I doubt the Wii market would buy into it as much anyways with all the language, gore, and metal it has in it.  I'm definitely looking forward to it.  Mainly because Tim's writing still holds its charm.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Dan_CiTi
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " The rumoured Wii version of Brutal Legend has supposedly been canceled after technical/quality concerns at EA.

Our sources have indicated that a Wii version was in development at Electronic Arts, just not with Double Fine at the helm. The keyword here is "was," as we've recently learned from our sources that the Wii version of the title has been canceled due to quality and technical concerns.
    - Destructoid via NeoGafDyack haterzSee how I'm still capable of posting when inebriated :)Thoughts? "
    Technically problems =/= looking like shit jackass.
    Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
    SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38  Edited By SathingtonWaltz
    @CoolDrMoney said:
    " @Al3xand3r said:
    I thought this was a joke at first, then I read on.

How can you feverishly throw out interest in any Wii game that might be good, but then enter a thread for a highly anticipated title from a well respected developer and shit on it like this? After not even being well informed on it, no less. You suck "
    This.
    Brockly46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Brockly46

not the first time this has happened

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.