Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty 3

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 07, 2006

The third main installment of the well-known first-person shooter series, Call of Duty 3 returns to World War II Europe in an inter-connected campaign that switches between America, British, Canadian, and Polish forces during the liberation of France.

Call of Duty 3

tmlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Edited By tmlim

So I bought the Call of Duty: War Collection (Xbox 360) which includes Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty 3, and Call of Duty World at War.  
    I just finished Call of Duty 2 and started Call of Duty 3.  Wow, what a difference.  Call of Duty 3 seems like such crap after playing a very well polished game, for it's time of course.
    Compared to Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty 3 has horrible controls, tons of bugs/glitches, and horrible AI.  I've seen enemies float off into the sky, teammates run right in front of enemies and neither of them shoot at each other, and I've shot enemies at point blank range and they don't go down, took 4 or 5 shots until they actually went down.  Also, what is with the shooting guys and the helmet pops into the air 4 feet??  And the cheesy dialog... well I guess that is fairy common in a lot of shooters now anyway.
    I think I'm still less than a quarter threw the game, so I may for more comments later.

tmlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By tmlim

So I bought the Call of Duty: War Collection (Xbox 360) which includes Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty 3, and Call of Duty World at War.  
    I just finished Call of Duty 2 and started Call of Duty 3.  Wow, what a difference.  Call of Duty 3 seems like such crap after playing a very well polished game, for it's time of course.
    Compared to Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty 3 has horrible controls, tons of bugs/glitches, and horrible AI.  I've seen enemies float off into the sky, teammates run right in front of enemies and neither of them shoot at each other, and I've shot enemies at point blank range and they don't go down, took 4 or 5 shots until they actually went down.  Also, what is with the shooting guys and the helmet pops into the air 4 feet??  And the cheesy dialog... well I guess that is fairy common in a lot of shooters now anyway.
    I think I'm still less than a quarter threw the game, so I may for more comments later.

Avatar image for coheedfavorhouse
    CoheedFavorHouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By CoheedFavorHouse

I didn't think 3 was all that bad, personally. 

I don't know, it's been a few years, but I didn't have a whole lot glitching problems, though I stayed mostly to campaign, considering I had a hard time finding a match with no internet at the time. Maybe it's just it's XBL connection?

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Ryax

i played it on the wii and liked it. i wish it had been on pc. it would have been a second uo

tmlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By tmlim
    @CoheedFavorHouse: I haven't tried the multiplayer yet, so all the issues I've listed were from the campaign.  Perhaps it's not that bad overall as a game, but I'm pretty much comparing it to the experience I had from COD2.
    I'm still enjoying the game, but not nearly as much as COD2.  I feel more frustrated by the controls and bugs.  I will still play it through to the end, but I don't see myself going for a 2nd play-through.  Maybe just certain levels to get the achievements.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.