Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 09, 2010

The seventh installment of the long-running action franchise, Call of Duty: Black Ops puts players into the early era of the Cold War (including the Vietnam War) as a member of the United States black operations unit known as the SOG.

Domination Strategy

Twitchey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Twitchey

My clan and I are a straight Domination clan only.  We use this strategy which is pretty basic and I would guarantee others use it.

We start with 5-6 people and one person stays back and camps our home base flag. He never leaves and always hides with Ghost and uses a slinencer.
     The other team mates charge B but before we move in to capture it we all hide tactical insertions near it so we can still be near the fight even if we die.   
    We NEVER I repeat NEVER go past B, because if you do the enemy begins to spawn at the home flag and our camper will be gunned down and we lose our home base and all hell breaks lose.
    We also synchronize our killstreaks, three use spy plane and the other uses counter spy plane. Two will use sentry gun and two more will use SAM sites. The ones that don't use either of those put on napalm, B52, and blackbirds. The team leaders decide when to use the killstreaks so no one waste killstreaks. 

If we lose B one person will flank the enemy and take their homebase so they will scramble and try to take it back, or go after ours. During that we take B back and move into our original positions.

So would anyone have any idea how to improve it? 
    We are going for a MLG team but not until we perfect our strategy and find more dedicated (try hards) teammates.

jim_dandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jim_dandy

Purple penises on all guns.

Instant victory.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

LMAO man speaking as someone who is heavily sucked into MLG and Gamebattles everything you just said wouldn't work in  a GB sorry to say man.  

Also you can't just play Domination, also you can't use tactical insertion, also you can't use killstreaks.  

Also you would get destroyed.  

Not trying to be a dick but it's better than lying to you. 

Also saying you never go past B is a sure sign you have no idea what you're doing. In a GB especially MLG level match up you would need to be pushing the enemies spawn and entraping them into their flag. Camping and waiting for them at B will only get you pushed back yourself and into a spot you probably will never recover from.  

You are what they refer to over on Gamebattles as Pub Stars. 

You would be better off giving up on everything you just said, adopting the purple penises and running around aimlessly. 

Also also never use the term "Try Hard"  

Kids have no idea what it originated from or what if even means anymore. They sound so fucking stupid trying to use it.
    karmaghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By karmaghost
    @xaLieNxGrEyx:  For someone not trying to be a dick, you sure did a good job of it.
    Icil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Icil
    @xaLieNxGrEyx said:
    "You are what they refer to over on Gamebattles as Pub Stars.  
     You would be better off giving up on everything you just said, adopting the purple penises and running around aimlessly.
     Also also never use the term "Try Hard"   Kids have no idea what it originated from or what if even means anymore.  They sound so fucking stupid trying to use it. "
    Wow... at least the first half of your post kinda sounded like advice? And then you bust a really ironic calling out of the term "try hard"? What is going on...
    Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Vinny_Says
    @jim_dandy said:
    " Purple penises on all guns.  Instant victory. "
    what he said
    xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx
    @karmaghost:
    @Icil: 

What I said was not to use the term try hard, as it lost it's meaning after socom 2. Kids who say it now sound like retards, and just not to be one of those kids.  

Also I may have slightly dickish, but if you were to post this over on Gamebattles he would have got torn apart. There's a lot of cool dudes over there, but there's more assholes who would love to see this.  

Going on Gamebattles without knowing the rules is the first step in never wanting to attempt it again. 

And the Pub Star thing was not meant to be insulting, it was mean as that's what you're doing, and this is what you need to do. I knew I was coming off as a dick but I could have said great strat, and moved on. He would have gone over to Gamebattles and never played BO again. 

Also OP you should base strats around 4 people, as most matches are played 4v4.  

If you play 5v5 or above it's rare, and easy to adapt from 4.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By natetodamax

Capture flags that aren't yours and don't lose flags that are yours.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.