Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 09, 2010

The seventh installment of the long-running action franchise, Call of Duty: Black Ops puts players into the early era of the Cold War (including the Vietnam War) as a member of the United States black operations unit known as the SOG.

How is the 360 controller on the PC? (Black Ops)

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Zurv

the question is NOT what you think about using the 360 controller on a FPS... the keyboard mouse is always better... move along...  

Assuming there isn't a problem with the controller working...  playable with the controller?  
    some games you need fine control and others you don't. for example, fallout3 and boardlands work fine with the controller. I didn't feel like i didn't have enough control to shoot stuff.. But left for dead or AvP (ugh.. bad).. i couldn't hit shit and I wouldn't suggest using it for those games. 

CLEARLY you console ppl use controllers for all these games and you mastered it. I'm not talking to you :) I'm not so good with the controller for fps, but i do like playing from my sofa and a 63" HDTV @ 1080p with AA and AF max'd. 
    So will someone that is "OK" with the 360 game pad have fun with the game? 

this is for single player only. For mutli i'm going back to my main box and k/m/2560x1600 ^_^

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Zurv

ok.. to answer my own question (and other might want to know). 

Game plays great on the PC with the 360 controller. I didn't feel like i lacked the control I needed.  

Maybe it auto-aims? *shrug*.. i just know when i played gears of war 2 yesterday on the xbox i couldn't hit shit :) (again, i'm not so good with the controller.. :) ) 

my HTPC specs are i7 @ 4.2ghz, 6 gigs of ram, ATI 5870, windows 7 x64, samsung 63" plasma, denon receiver,  5.1.. wireless 360 controller, blah blah blah...
    reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By reign
    Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Marz

it's fine, the interface is basically like call of duty on the xbox when you enable the controller.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Zurv

for some reason some games just don't "work"...  i was yelling at the girlie for sucking on left 4 day the other day.. she was on the HTPC and i was on my desktop... "feh, you suck!".. till i tried on the control.. ugh.. i couldn't hit  anything :) 

side note, ice cube voice acting.. wtf.. come on .. they couldn't find anyone one even semi good?  hell, i friend of mine did some voice acting in the game (i'm sure it was something minor) and atleast he is a semi real actor. Mr. Cube is painful :).... now if it was tea.. well.. then it would be... well .. still bad.. but in a good way :)
    fentonalpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By fentonalpha

Resurrecting dead thread to just say that it sucks..... it's floaty and crap, makes me feel like i have no choice but to try and get the hang of M&B (which i heard somewhere, is better).
    I did get a Huey with the controller on PC and just killing anyone is satisfying knowing that you defied the odds.... but over all it's not worth it.  It's not a case though of it being unsuited, i finished Borderlands with a controller on PC, it just feels like it's tacked on and unfunctional....like a built in xpadder is working away in the background, which is odd since they clearly worked it out on the XBOX with no problems.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.