Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 25, 2019

The 16th installment of the Call of Duty series is a reboot of the modern-military Modern Warfare sub-series, reworking characters and events into a 2019 setting.

Can someone explain these story issues?

Asakusa_A18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

With the release of season 2 of the Battle Pass I finally decided to plunge into the singleplayer campaign. I enjoy some parts and find some tedious but that is not why I am writing this. I am having some trouble understanding certain actions and decisions in the plot. Now to be fair I am not the smartest person when it comes to following plot but I was hoping you lot could help me with a few things. (spoilers ahead obviously)

Firstly, if Urzikstan is currently under foreign occupation and practically under a military dictatorship, would the US have an active embassy in the country?

Secondly, would the embassy allow two heavily armed guerrilla fighters inside? The operation is compartmentalized (secret) so why would the ambassador just allow them in with their weapons?

Next up is the Russian general. He was a general 20 years ago during the invasion and has yet to be relieved of duty, retired or KIA? I know general is the second highest rank in the Russian military but you would think he would eventually move to another post after 20 years.

And finally my biggest issue yet: So Hadir and Farah are numbers 1 and 2 in their resistance group and you expect me to believe that Hadir was able to hide his entire theft of the gas from his sister and so called leader of the group? Even if he did, would the US military not immediately arrest Farah as a suspect in the theft? In the game they let her instead join the super team of secret badass soldiers....what?

I have yet to finish the game, and honestly I hope you guys can just answer my questions because I am really enjoying most of the campaign but I cant get over some of the plot points here....

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Russia technically haven't invaded Urzikstan, it's a military intervention to stop terrorists, it's basically what Price and Alex are doing but with an army instead, so there's no immediate threat to the US embassy, until Al-Qatala attack it.
    I figure Alex has the authority to allow allies into the embassy, he probably outranks anyone at the embassy though i could be wrong.
    I guess the general really really likes serving in the military, or maybe no good deed goes unpunished, that is to say despite his presumably excellent service he's been offered no further promotion.
    I can see Hadir gathering a group of his trusted friends/brothers/sisters loyal to the cause to steal the gas, and making them swear to not tell his sister who wouldn't understand, Farah seems pretty busy, maybe given more time she'd have eventually found out or heard a rumour.
    I agree Farah would have probably been detained at the military base once being branded a terrorist, i'll just assume everyone was too scared of Captain Price to actually do it, also technically Alex was deserting which is pretty serious, Laswell understands as "everything they do is illegal", fortunately the colonel had left the room so no one else knows about it.

chaz934

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The answer to all your questions is that it’s a dumb action movie. The plot is secondary.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.