Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: World at War

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 11, 2008

The fifth installment of the Call of Duty series, bringing most of the gameplay and graphical improvements of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare back to World War II conflict. It is also the first Call of Duty game set in the Pacific Theater.

Wow... I hate Call of Duty: World At War

• 54 results
    L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By L33tfella_H

Now....I haven't gone through CoD4's campaign yet, but i've finished World At War's....one thing i can say about it though.

You get to pick up and Throw Mortar Shells.

Now...i'm no buff when it comes to the Pacific Theatre...but even if it never happend in real life....it was one of the only good things about World At War's Campaign.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By Milkman
    @aceedkins said:
    " The soundtrack to the game is ridiculous. It's almost disrespectful given the subject matter. Take a look at this trailer "
    That song is not in the game. And that's a fan-made trailer, anyway.
    Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Zereta

I still think Treyarch took what Infinity Ward did and made it a better experience. I probably would have made a similar blog post about COD4 if Giant Bomb was around at that time.

Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54  Edited By Druminator

World At War is a great game, it has so much more to offer than COD4. Epic campaign, co-op campaign, competitive campaign, campaign challenges, death cards, higher rank in multiplayer, Create-A-Class unlocks as you prestige, 3 map packs, new Achievements... and to top it all off there's a zombie mode which now has its own story line that is hidden within for the fans to discover plus there are badass alien weapons. 

Compare that to COD4 which also has an epic campaign, a handful of cheats and a bonus mission after you beat the game. That's about it.

World At War's pros greatly outweighs its cons.

saltguy258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By saltguy258
    @giyanks22 said:
    " Veteran is not full of bad AI Veteran is like the real fucking war. "
    not real war, its just not as bad as everyone says. i played veteran and im on the breaking point level, i havent seen more grenades than on hardened, just the AI knows exactly where you are ALL THE TIME and i kinda pisses me off
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I am playing it on a more difficult level, it's really unrefined and a nade spam on single player. I blame that treckyard or whatever he's called guy for it. I really thought cod4 was the best game ever and this game is really not fun, yet you die too easily. It only reaffirms my hate for WWII games because the weapons are lousy and the tactics, even though cod games doesn't have any tactics, what you have here is just aweful. Can't wait for modern warfare 2, i'm glad I bought this game for half price on steam instead, I wouldn't ever pay full price.

That trechyard guy should do everyone a favor and just quit. Give the call of duty game projects to infinity ward instead.

lemon360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57  Edited By lemon360

CODWAW Multiplayer: BAD  
    CODWAW Campaign: GOOD

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.