Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 20, 1997

Dracula's castle has risen from the mist and the Belmont heir is missing! The open-ended gameplay mixed with RPG mechanics in this installment of Castlevania platformers set the template for later games in the series (coining the term "Metroidvania").

*cries* 200.4% and familiar thoughts

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

LOL Damit got through the game and boom I'm missing 2 rooms, Shafts room, and another room...Though maybe its the Dracula final fight room? *thinks of it* but yeah Does any one know If Familiars gain more xp when they attack and kill vs you attacking and killing when they are equipped?

any one all so notice how the leaderboards are filled with glitchers? 6 seconds to meet maria for the first time >_< 5 trillion or so scores in the health to game time, and exploration to game time?

Darkstar614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Darkstar614

yeah the Dracula final fight room counts, you have to go in there and use a library card.

:)

Familiars gain exp just from being out. I leveled mine up while leveling the Muramasa(is that it? the blood sword..) killing those Octopuses.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    @Darkstar614 said:
    "  yeah the Dracula final fight room counts, you have to go in there and use a library card.  :)  Familiars gain exp just from being out. I leveled mine up while leveling the Muramasa(is that it? the blood sword..) killing those Octopuses. "
    no I know they gain exp but do they gain more if they attk and kill or is it the same as if you do it?
    okay good then I didn't mess up completely i just gotta go use a library card on the final fight room so i get the shaft room and then dracula final fight room.
    *is happy now*
    Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Whisperkill

I seriously could never get this game, and therefore have no answer to your question

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    @Whisperkill said:
    " I seriously could never get this game, and therefore have no answer to your question "
    hmmm nvr get into it? or get it as in buy it? its 10 bucks right now on psn or xbox live.
    Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Whisperkill
    @WilliamRLBaker: Nah I own it on Xbla, but I could never get very far without getting bored and having nowhere to go 

I just don't like the combat
    coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By coaxmetal

There is also the parts in the inverted castle caves where you can't get the very tops of the areas unless you do the superjump and use wolf-form at the top (since you will be in water and the wolf floats up a bit). That was really the trickiest part of getting 200.6%.  

iirc you need to get into the fight room at the end but then use a library card to get out. I don't remember why you need to exactly but I think there is something you need to do after that to get the 200.6% 

Fierrze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8  Edited By Fierrze

You just need to search out every nook and cranny and after that enter the Shaft boss area and bam achievement unlocked.  
    You don't even have to use library card if you have found all the other places before you enter the Shaft square.

Darkstar614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Darkstar614

Ah I guess yeah if you just want the achievement for map completion, and not have a save file that says it, you don't need to use a library card.

And I don't know about the amounts of exp the familiars get depending on how you kill stuff. It seemed to me to be the same, unless you really want to sit there and let your familiar kill things all day to level it up. You're probably going to get more killing things yourself regardless, just because you can do it much faster.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

yay got a.. 200.6% i missed a save room some how...
    lol

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.