Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Catherine

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Feb 17, 2011

The first game developed by Atlus for the PS3/Xbox 360. Made by the Persona Team, The game is an "adult oriented" action-adventure/horror game with puzzle platforming stages.

Catherine in January Playstation magazine as Top 10 for 2011

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By endaround

While perusing the Atlus forums hoping to find someplace translating the daily emails from Catherine on the Japanese site, I came across a post about Catherine showing up in January's issue: 

No Caption Provided

http://atlus.com/forum/showthread.php?p=230469#post230469 
    A announcement about a US release would seem imminent .
    RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By RobotHamster

Too high for me because of all the other games coming out, but it's somewhere in my top 25 for 2011.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mutha3

That would make an excellent tag line.

And stop coincidentally finding info at the same time I do and posting right when I'm about to make a thread >:(

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Fucking finally.

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Aus_azn

I don't think I've seen a game as hyped before an announcement of its localization.

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By Catolf
    @Aus_azn said:
    " I don't think I've seen a game as hyped before an announcement of its localization. "
    Same.

@mutha3 said:
    " That would make an excellent tag line.  And stop coincidentally finding info at the same time I do and posting right when I'm about to make a thread >:( "

HA, Endaround always beats me to the punch moments before I finish too.

@endaround: I knew I saw a familiar looking name while I was browsing the forums this evening. XD
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mutha3
    @endaround said:

A announcement about a US release would seem imminent . "

@FluxWaveZ said:

" Fucking finally. "

I don't really get why...this is a top 10 list made by the staff from the OPM, no? I don't see how this confirms anything. Its not an ad.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @mutha3 said:
    " I don't really get why...this is a top 10 list made by the staff from the OPM, no? I don't see how this confirms anything. Its not an ad. "
    I was commenting more on the fact that the game is acknowledged in an official western magazine, but I think that had happened before. Anyways, like endaround said, this should be an indication that an announcement on the date is soon.
    Monte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Monte

This game seems really cool in concept. I definitely want to play it. 

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By meteora

For an unconfirmed localized western game from Japan, this game gets a lot of publicity. 

Hoping for good news!

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mutha3
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    " @mutha3 said:
    " I don't really get why...this is a top 10 list made by the staff from the OPM, no? I don't see how this confirms anything. Its not an ad. "
    I was commenting more on the fact that the game is acknowledged in an official western magazine, but I think that had happened before. Anyways, like endaround said, this should be an indication that an announcement on the date is soon. "
    But....why? The media isn't any more informed then us when it comes to stuff like this(and when they are, we don't hear anything about it 'till Atlus tell them to). Stuff like this happens all the time with games even when they're unannounced or unlocalized. 

Please, I'd love to be convinced:(. Is the press not allowed to reveal screenshots of the game without Atlus' permission or something?
    endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By endaround
    @mutha3: It means that its on a list for 2011 at least in Sony offices.  Given magazine lead time, this may have been put together before the Catherine semi-delay.  Keep in mind originally it was supposed to already be out and Atlus tends to announce US releases right around the time of the Japanese release.
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mutha3
    @endaround said:
    " @mutha3: It means that its on a list for 2011 at least in Sony offices.  Given magazine lead time, this may have been put together before the Catherine semi-delay.  Keep in mind originally it was supposed to already be out and Atlus tends to announce US releases right around the time of the Japanese release. "
    Damn. Okay, nevermind then, this is great news.

I really hope you're right, but I'm not really sure how this stuff works, so I'll take your word for it.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @mutha3: Honestly, I'm not too convinced that this means anything special for a release date revelation, either. If they actually got their hands on the game before compiling their list, it could mean that Atlus has shown this game to certain members of the western press which could mean they're going to be ready soon to confirm a NA release date. I don't think that the magazine itself will say anything we don't already know about the game, but it could entail something else in the relatively near future.
    endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By endaround

It doesn't necessarily mean an announcement now, but all that art would have been given to the mag by Atlus.  So some sort of media campaign was planned at some point for right about now.  Now maybe the rest has been postponed and it was too late for the magazine or not important enough to care about but it is a sign that its likely close.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mutha3
    @FluxWaveZ said:

" @mutha3: Honestly, I'm not too convinced that this means anything special for a release date revelation, either. If they actually got their hands on the game before compiling their list, it could mean that Atlus has shown this game to certain members of the western press which could mean they're going to be ready soon to confirm a NA release date. I don't think that the magazine itself will say anything we don't already know about the game, but it could entail something else in the relatively near future. "

Well, it doesn't sound like they got their hands on it going by the the reasons they had for placing it on the list(which you can very vaguely make out if you squint hard enough).

"ïts really, really,really weird"
    "its utterly gorgeous "

I think that's pretty much every person who's interested in this game's opinion. Eh, let just hope endaround is right and cross our fingers.
    @endaround said:
    " It doesn't necessarily mean an announcement now, but all that art would have been given to the mag by Atlus.  So some sort of media campaign was planned at some point for right about now.  Now maybe the rest has been postponed and it was too late for the magazine or not important enough to care about but it is a sign that its likely close. "
    Ah, so they can't just legally lift these images of a site and stick them on the magazine without permission? I wasn't really sure how it worked, but if that's the case then yeah this is a sign.
    endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By endaround

I doubt anyone outside of Atlus save a few at Famitsu has seen too much of the game. 

Usually the art is provided in a press kit.  Now sometimes art is just lifted but again digging up art on a game without even an acknowledgement from the publisher that it exists would be strange

pekoe212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By pekoe212

I think that is the only description they should put on the box: "Women! Texting! Affairs! Sheep?"

ChrisTaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By ChrisTaran
    @endaround: So, did you ever find a place translating the e-mails? My Japanese is alright for understanding speech, but my kanji reading skills are just about nill.
    endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By endaround
    @ChrisTaran said:
    " @endaround: So, did you ever find a place translating the e-mails? My Japanese is alright for understanding speech, but my kanji reading skills are just about nill. "
    Nope.  I haven't found anything about it other than the one hasty translation about the first one on andriasang
    IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#21  Edited By IBurningStar

I read this thread title while watching season 4 of Doctor Who. For some reason that caused me to think, "Catherine Tate is on PS3?"  One of those weird, dumb moments where you link two unrelated things for no reason. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.