Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Champions Online

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Sep 01, 2009

Champions Online is a superhero action-MMORPG for PC. It was developed by Cryptic Studios, the makers of City of Heroes.

does it pick up at all?

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tunaburn

so im level 6. just barely got into the actual city and "powered up" but it was pretty damn boring getting here. Does it pick up the pace at all? Or is it all pretty much the same? Id rather just stop playing if it doesnt get any more entertaining.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Oldirtybearon
    @tunaburn said:
    " so im level 6. just barely got into the actual city and "powered up" but it was pretty damn boring getting here. Does it pick up the pace at all? Or is it all pretty much the same? Id rather just stop playing if it doesnt get any more entertaining. "
    It never picks up. You wasted bandwidth and (hopefully not) money with this piece of shit sort-of-a-game.
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @KingWilly said:
    " @tunaburn said:
    " so im level 6. just barely got into the actual city and "powered up" but it was pretty damn boring getting here. Does it pick up the pace at all? Or is it all pretty much the same? Id rather just stop playing if it doesnt get any more entertaining. "
    It never picks up. You wasted bandwidth and (hopefully not) money with this piece of shit sort-of-a-game. "
    Its gone free to play. 
    Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Oldirtybearon
    @The_Laughing_Man: he still had to download it. I don't see retailers handing out free copies of the game.
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @KingWilly said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man: he still had to download it. I don't see retailers handing out free copies of the game. "
    He did not have to purchase. If he got it recently the game is free to DL and play. I could easily do it now without paying a penny. 
    Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Oldirtybearon
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @KingWilly said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man: he still had to download it. I don't see retailers handing out free copies of the game. "
    He did not have to purchase. If he got it recently the game is free to DL and play. I could easily do it now without paying a penny.  "
    and yet he still had to download it, i.e. wasting bandwidth.  

I added the hopefully not in case the OP had the misfortune of still giving Cryptic money for a subscription. Most F2P MMOs still offer subscriptions.
    tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By tunaburn

no i just made a character and played for one night. doing f2p. but i found myself not wanting to play anymore at all. it was boring as hell. but i was really hoping it gets better. but apparently not.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

I bought it a long time ago, its well...doable I guess.

But if you need a MMO fix go to Lotro, Champions gets very bland and kinda unfun in my opinion.
    The best part is the character creation, but I don't know if that still holds up with F2P changes.

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By tunaburn
    @TaliciaDragonsong:  i heard that lotro kinda stops letting you progress after like lvl 20 without paying though.
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tunaburn said:
    " @TaliciaDragonsong:  i heard that lotro kinda stops letting you progress after like lvl 20 without paying though. "

Heard wrong luv.
    You can progress up untill the lone lands, which will net you till about 34-38 (38 for me personally) if you do all the quests and stuff.
    Or play skirmishes or instances.

And you can earn ingame points to buy a new quest pack on your way till 34+, you should have enough by then to buy yourselves another quest pack which will last you to 45 or something.
    The more effort you put in the game the more you can play for free.
    Still beats paying and thinking "aww man my gametime is being wasted" when you're on a birthday party. :P
    tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By tunaburn
    @TaliciaDragonsong:  lemme ask you something..... on champions its really hard to get people to party up.  do people seem to be more friendly in lotro?
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By KaosAngel

Is this game even worth trying?  I hear either great or complete shit...

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By tunaburn
    @KaosAngel:  its very.... okay. its not bad but its not good. the graphics are good and gameplay is just like the others but it seems to be very unpopulated to me and it has lots of little hiccups with framerate. i played for about 6 hours total but think im done with it.
    kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By kashif1
    @tunaburn said:
    Pvp is a lot of fun, as is doing an instance with a good team.  What are you looking for in this game?
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tunaburn said:
    " @TaliciaDragonsong:  lemme ask you something..... on champions its really hard to get people to party up.  do people seem to be more friendly in lotro? "
    I've actually not seen one single insult or remark towards someone on any of the chat channels, if anyone asks a question on the advice channel you'll have your response in under a minute from 3-5 different people, groups seem to go pretty fast and if you're in any kind of populated area expect to gain some buffs from other classes.

I'm kinda amazed by it myself when I play it, I'm so used to the nonsense Warcraft chat where everyone only cares about their digital dick and shoots down questions about the game with "OMFG NOOB" etc.
    Its free, so just give it a spin if you can :P
    tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By tunaburn
    @TaliciaDragonsong:  well then i shall give it a go. champions isnt doin it for me so im probably gonna uninstall it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.